Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why. I've lived my whole life not knowing what the obsession is with makeup. Each girl wants to have more than another and its no wonder we call girls ****s. Pretty much every girl in the street I see has lots of makeup on. Why do you need to waste so much money and time on something that boys do not care about because we already think you're really attractive without it?! We are not all pretentious people who will judge you like that. If only girls would see the light.

ReputationRep:
    Generalisation. Not all girls wear a lot of makeup.

ReputationRep:
    Because all girls are ****s :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Insecurity maybe? Thats the reason i've always worn it. That and i look about 10x more hideous without it

ReputationRep:
    Looks crap, dunnit?

ReputationRep:
    OP, have you seen a girl without make up before?

ReputationRep:
    1) You are generalising. Not all girls wear make up, not all girls who do wear make up wear masses of it.

2) Girls don't necessarily wear make up for men. I wear make up because it makes me look and feel better.

ReputationRep:
    We don't all wear loads of makeup, and I could not care less how much makeup I have compared to someone else - I've lived my whole life with less and could happily go on as such.

ReputationRep:
    Why do guys wear so much make up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lell)
    1) You are generalising. Not all girls wear make up, not all girls who do wear make up wear masses of it.

2) Girls don't necessarily wear make up for men. I wear make up because it makes me look and feel better.
    :yes:

End of, really..

ReputationRep:
    Because they convice themselves they look terrible without. Personally, I don't wear makeup because I don't see the need and it just looks so fake and "plastic" on me (and most people IMO), even if it's only a little bit/ applied by a "professional" :o:

ReputationRep:
    because beneath it we are scaly and hideous.

ReputationRep:
    Girls wear it to look good and because some feel insecure.
    I don't wear it, personally and I agree with Jelephant.

ReputationRep:
    Girls wearing make up has nothing to do with why I think there ****s. I think that there ****s because there human, same reason guys are ****s.

ReputationRep:
    I wear it cause it makes me feel more confident, I feel hideous without it...I don't wear loads IMO

ReputationRep:
    Woah im surprised noone has blamed men already.

ReputationRep:
    Cos otherwise they uggggggggggly
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    if all the girls in the world wore no make-up i'd love to see what you'd say then!
    I think mostly its due to self-esteem

ReputationRep:
    I barely wear make-up. I don't get the whole idea of concealer, powder, and all that other stuff some use. Granted, girls wear make-up, but most don't wear a lot. I wear it because it "enhances my beauty." :p:

ReputationRep:
    What is it with all the freakin' generalisations today!?!?
    NOT ALL GIRLS WEAR A LOT OF MAKE UP.
    Go and slap an orange-foundation-caked girl (preferably Katie Price) in the face or something instead of ranting about it on here.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.