Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know this girl who sometimes wears tons of black make up around her eyes. I never look at her for long enough to check where exactly the black stuff is, but I think it's sort of on her eyelids and under the eyes, probably with blacker eyelashes as well.

I dont understand why she does it. She is fairly good looking anyway, adding the make up makes her less attractive, IMO.

Any girls want to shed some light on what this black stuff is?

ReputationRep:
    I think the logic is, some make up looks good, so surely lots of make up looks better? A grave mistake obviously.

That and to plaster over a spotty face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mimbobanage)
    I wear it cause it makes me feel more confident, I feel hideous without it...I don't wear loads IMO
    ^ This exactly.

ReputationRep:
    To some girls I know, walking out of their house without make-up is like walking outsie with no clothes.

It´s nuthin but a "security" thang

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lell)
    1) You are generalising. Not all girls wear make up, not all girls who do wear make up wear masses of it.

2) Girls don't necessarily wear make up for men. I wear make up because it makes me look and feel better.
    This :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grapevine)
    OP, have you seen a girl without make up before?
    Seconded. OP, you can't say you think girls are 'really attractive' without make up when what you most likely think is no make up is actually just well applied, subtle make up.

I wear make up for myself - because I think I look better and it makes me feel more confident. Not for guys, or anyone else.

ReputationRep:
    i mainly wear makeup only when have a night out or party,shopping,etc...if i dont need to meet many people out that day , i dont wear them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpecialKate)
    We don't all wear loads of makeup, and I could not care less how much makeup I have compared to someone else - I've lived my whole life with less and could happily go on as such.

wow

"They don't even know what it is to be a fan. Y'know?
    To truly love some silly little piece of music, or some band, so much that it hurts."

great Quote! who is it by?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBlindestPilot)
    I think the logic is, some make up looks good, so surely lots of make up looks better? A grave mistake obviously.

That and to plaster over a spotty face.
    If a girl is ugly she should just accept her lot in life and move on. Plastering themselves with cheap make up from Superdrug will not convert men into genuinely thinking they are attractive.

When I think of such women in make up I think of prostitutes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    I know this girl who sometimes wears tons of black make up around her eyes. I never look at her for long enough to check where exactly the black stuff is, but I think it's sort of on her eyelids and under the eyes, probably with blacker eyelashes as well.

I dont understand why she does it. She is fairly good looking anyway, adding the make up makes her less attractive, IMO.

Any girls want to shed some light on what this black stuff is?
    like in my picture or more?
    I use liquid liner? That could be it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Fleur_)
    I wear make up for myself - because I think I look better and it makes me feel more confident. Not for guys, or anyone else.
    Yup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mimbobanage)
    like in my picture or more?
    I use liquid liner? That could be it
    Yeah thanks, it certainly looks like liquid liner. Why would a girl suddenly choose to wear it one day in a week? I know everyone is different, but what could be a reason? Moodswing? Hiding a blemish? Most of the week she has just clean eyes, the liquid liner makes HER look slightly off-putting, as I think she may use slightly more than you do.

ReputationRep:
    Influence from celebrities- I know the fake tan thing comes from celeb influence.
    Insecurities- I am sooo much more confident and am happy to lose myself in conversation and not want to check my appearance every 5 minutes if I know I have makeup on.
    Fashion- about a year ago, everyone I knew wore heavy black eyeliner as well as most singers that we admired.

Also, to the men who say they prefer women without makeup, its not that you prefer women without makeup, you just prefer the natural look where the makeup isnt obvious. My best friend (male) cannot tell if I am wearing makeup or not because I work hard to get that polished, blemish free, slight blushing look that some people do have naturally but the rest of us have to work at!

ReputationRep:
    Not all girls do, only the slutty ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    Yeah thanks, it certainly looks like liquid liner. Why would a girl suddenly choose to wear it one day in a week? I know everyone is different, but what could be a reason? Moodswing? Hiding a blemish? Most of the week she has just clean eyes, the liquid liner makes HER look slightly off-putting, as I think she may use slightly more than you do.
    Hmm I'm not sure, I use it when I don't want to look as plain as I normally do or an outfit that would look better with heavier eye make up like a grungier/rocky type outfit. I love heavy eye make up though =]

ReputationRep:
    Tbh Id consider myself to be a more attractive than the average girl without make up but put me next to a girl with make up and I dont stand a chance. Its just the world is today, more people wear make up and the more people feel the need to wear make up.

I read a figure the other day aswell that said women who wear make up are 40% more likely to get a raise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summer24)
    wow

"They don't even know what it is to be a fan. Y'know?
    To truly love some silly little piece of music, or some band, so much that it hurts."

great Quote! who is it by?
    It's from the film Almost Famous. If you like that quote, I'm sure you would like that film so I advise that you see it as soon as possible :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atypicalsurreygirl)
    because beneath it we are scaly and hideous.
    hahahaha love this.

But yeah, bad skin maybe? or the fact that a lot of guys prefer girls with make up, even though some don't.

ReputationRep:
    Attract men.
    Social conditioning makes them feel better.
    To fit in with their peer groups.
    etc

ReputationRep:
    each to their ownnn

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.