Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've googled and theres just tonnes of recipes and I have no idea what to go for... anyone got any personal recommendations?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    I've googled and theres just tonnes of recipes and I have no idea what to go for... anyone got any personal recommendations?

Thanks
    Try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM0bkGBuutg

ReputationRep:
    Make a cup of tea then put it in the freezer. Or make the tea then put an ice cube in it. How else??

Honestly just try a load of the recipes you found on the web and find the one you like most.

ReputationRep:

Thanks
    1. Take 3 regular tea bags
    2. Put them in 2 mugs of cold water
    3. Bring this mixture to the boil on the hob (then immediately take it off the boil)
    4. Then put 1-2 (taste dependent) mugs of sugar into the mixture after decanting it into a jug
    5. Add 2 cups of ice to the tea
    6. Dissolve the sugar and let about half of the ice dissolve.

I still haven't found a completely satisfactory recipe, but this is as good as I've got

ReputationRep:
    why make ice tea where u could just buy it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undulipodium)
    1. Take 3 regular tea bags
    2. Put them in 2 mugs of cold water
    3. Bring this mixture to the boil on the hob (then immediately take it off the boil)
    4. Then put 1-2 (taste dependent) mugs of sugar into the mixture after decanting it into a jug
    5. Add 2 cups of ice to the tea
    6. Dissolve the sugar and let about half of the ice dissolve.

I still haven't found a completely satisfactory recipe, but this is as good as I've got
    I thought americans added lemon to their ice tea?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.PINK)
    I thought americans added lemon to their ice tea?
    Perhaps :p:

I just make what I like

ReputationRep:
    1. Mug of sugar
    2. Five strings of mint
    3. Three tea bags (regular)
    4. Three lemons
    5. 4 Liters of water

a. take the water to a good 50*C before adding sugar
    b. after it boils, add the mint, tea, wash the lemons cut them and put them with the rest of the water (don't squeeze the juice though, just put them there to give the tea a bitter taste). Remove lemon/mint/tea bags after about half an hour.
    c. let it sit until it cools
    d. pour it in a pitcher and put in the fridge

Its just the recipe I use - iprov by mom a few years back (I think...).

Edit: ice tea always mixes well with a shot of rum.

ReputationRep:

Thanks
    Hey, you can just buy iced tea in powdered form. Lipton does them. It tastes really refreshing. Squeeze in lemon/lime and add cubes of ice. Sorted!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.PINK)
    why make ice tea where u could just buy it
    why buy ice tea for £1 per 500ml bottle where u could make 5 litres for less than 50p

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamitri)
    why buy ice tea for £1 per 500ml bottle where u could make 5 litres for less than 50p
    yes, why not buy the bigger carton:yes: works out cheaper than 1quid for 500ml

and u can just estimate it cost 50p, did u take the cost of gas? or electricity to boil up the 5liters of water??

time = money :rolleyes:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.