Turn on thread page Beta

Girls who go out without makeup on watch

ReputationRep:
    What possesses you to do this? Even if I need to quickly pick up something from the shop I will spend at least 10-20 minutes applying foundation, mascara, lip gloss and bronzer. I wouldn't be seen dead without makeup on, because I see these girls without even a hint of foundation on and they look like walking corpses. They don't apply bronzer to their cheekbones, so their faces look bloated and the bags under their eyes are just atrocious.

I've been told that I am naturally beautiful, so covering up insecurities isn't an issue for me - as I know many of you will attack me for. I just couldn't walk out of the house with at least some foundation on, and I just want to ask girls who do go out without makeup on: WHY?!

ReputationRep:
    You're like, the most obvious troll ever.

Also, not everyone has such pitifully low self-esteem that they feel the need to shovel the make-up on like there's going to be some kind of shortage or something.

ReputationRep:
    I see girls who wear loads of makeup and I think they look like they've been on a trip to the sun or something. I don't wear makeup-during my lifetime (I'm 19) I've worn eye shadow a few times and lip gloss a couple. I don't see make up as being a big part of my personality. I could ask what possesses you to spend loads of time putting make up on?

ReputationRep:
    Not everyone needs foundation - i hardly ever wear it! My skin looks healthy, i don't have bags under my eyes and i have rosy cheeks so i dont look like a 'walking corpse' as you put it :P Most of my friends don't wear foundation... and they're all gorgeous. I just wear eye makeup, but i don't have any problem with going out without it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shalarmay)
    What possesses you to do this? Even if I need to quickly pick up something from the shop I will spend at least 10-20 minutes applying foundation, mascara, lip gloss and bronzer. I wouldn't be seen dead without makeup on, because I see these girls without even a hint of foundation on and they look like walking corpses. They don't apply bronzer to their cheekbones, so their faces look bloated and the bags under their eyes are just atrocious.

I've been told that I am naturally beautiful, so covering up insecurities isn't an issue for me - as I know many of you will attack me for. I just couldn't walk out of the house with at least some foundation on, and I just want to ask girls who do go out without makeup on: WHY?!

hahahahah loser.

ReputationRep:
    I don't wear makeup because I don't feel the need to.
    In your case I'd assume you've been told you're attractive while wearing makeup meaning you have made a subconscious link.
    Wearing no makeup is better for your skin, you can actually be ready in a few seconds and it saves you money.
    People who don't wear makeup are just wearing confidence :-)

ReputationRep:
    What's up with all the makeup topics all of a sudden. Anyways, as I've said before, I feel no need whatsoever to go out with makeup. I don't feel it makes me look more attractive in any way, if anything less because it's so obvious to see where the texture/ colour is different, even if you do it really expertly. I've never met anyone who has said "You should wear makeup you walking corpse", in fact all of my previous boyfriends have said I look better without it, so what's the point?

ReputationRep:
    Why would I wear make-up to go swimming or to sweat my butt off in the gym?

The only thing I don't leave the house without wearing ('cosmetic' wise) is sun screen - either normal F25 or clinique city block.

ReputationRep:
    Around 14 I went through a phase of wearing blusher eyeliner and lip-gloss everyday. It personally meant on the days that I couldn't be arsed to put my 'face' on as it was a chore. Now I don't wear much make-up unless it's for something like a party etc and leave the house make-up free a lot of the time. I've never been told I look horrid or corpse like without make-up.

Personally I think you should be asking yourself where your apparent dependency on makeup stems from. I also fail to see how you can be called 'naturally beautiful' when you say you don't go out without makeup...how does that one work?

Girls look good with and without make-up. Should they choose to wear it outside then fine, should they choose not to then that's fine too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    hahahahah loser.
    Why, do you spend longer?

ReputationRep:
    I don't wear make-up I look fine without it as many people with dark hair do...
    In my profile pic I'm only wearing a thin layer of eyeliner on the bottom part and eyes still look quite dark...
    I find that it doesn't make a huge amount of difference so is not worthwhile at this stage when I don't have that much money!

ReputationRep:
    Are you one of those losers who will wake up half an hour before their boyfriend to put their face on then get back into bed?

ReputationRep:
    The OP is someone with 3 As at A level, apparently 21 years of age who has made over 50 posts in the 2 days she has been a member.

ReputationRep:
    Quite frankly, I just cannot be arsed.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to say, OP, that you've come across as a pretentious, superficial little *****.

ReputationRep:
    Cos I can put on my massive sunglasses and people will be none the wiser

ReputationRep:
    i know the OP is a troll and that makes me feel bad :sad:

i never leave the house without makeup on

ReputationRep:
    AHHHHHH it's the spoilt brat How's your mum doing? Your skin?

ReputationRep:
    you must look like a beast.

ReputationRep:
    I don't wear make up all the time because it is bad for my skin.
    I don't look like a corpse without it, probably because I'm not one.
    Looking tanned due to wearing bronzer all day everyday is not cool.
    Keeping my face the same colour as the rest of my body prevents me from looking tangoed - let's face it, you don't bronze you're whole body do you?
    I'm naturally quite pale so I don't want to tan my face and look fake.
    I don't look like a dog without make up so why wear it 24/7?
    If I don't wear make up everyday it looks like I've made more of an effort when I do wear it.
    When I don't wear it I don't have to damage my skin through cleansers and scrubs to get it off.

There, plenty of reasons.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.