Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shalarmay)
    What possesses you to do this?
    Maybe because they are naturally pretty and don't feel the need to put any on? Quite a few of my friends don't wear make-up and they don't have bags under their or eyes nor look like walking skeletons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PirateFlag)
    Are you one of those losers who will wake up half an hour before their boyfriend to put their face on then get back into bed?
    Haha... i feel sorry for any bf who has a gf who does that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CocoPop)
    I'm sorry to say, OP, that you've come across as a pretentious, superficial little b*tch.
    Why? Because I like to highlight my naturally hollow cheekbones, add a sun-kissed aura to my skin and make my eyes stand out? I don't see how those are the symptoms of a 'superficial little *****'.

ReputationRep:
    i wouldn't go to the shops without wearing make-up. it's a bit sad really but i just won't do it.
    but i don't see the problem if people feel okay not wearing it!

ReputationRep:
    I only wear make up on special occasions.

I don't feel like I need to. I'd rather have an extra half hour in bed.

I don't really see what I gain from wearing make up really. When you take it off at the end of the day, was it really worth the hassle?

I don't feel the need to wear make-up all the time. Like, yeah, I look absolutely awful without make up but I'm not trying to impress people and all my friends have seen me without make-up anyway. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    What possesses you to do this? Even if I need to quickly pick up something from the shop I will spend at least 10-20 minutes applying foundation, mascara, lip gloss and bronzer. I wouldn't be seen dead without makeup on, because I see these girls without even a hint of foundation on and they look like walking corpses. They don't apply bronzer to their cheekbones, so their faces look bloated and the bags under their eyes are just atrocious.

I've been told that I am naturally beautiful, so covering up insecurities isn't an issue for me - as I know many of you will attack me for. I just couldn't walk out of the house with at least some foundation on, and I just want to ask girls who do go out without makeup on: WHY?!
    What possesses you to cover your face in makeup?
    I don't see the need to plaster my self in cosmetics and if your 'naturally beautiful' you shouldn't either...everyones pretty in their own way with or without make up and i don't think any of my friends or anyone i've seen looks like a 'living corpse' because they don't wear make up but i have seen people with so much make up they look like dolls...

ReputationRep:
    I used to wear foundation, tbh i got fed up of it for so many reasons, and then realised i dont even need foundation.. popping down to my corner shop, vaseline is what id put on, otherwise why even bother! . Many girls dont need foundation, i bet you dont even need it, you THINK you do, try looking naturally pretty without the crap on your face, or even to get you started, ditch foundation and bronzer and maybe do a little blush and dont cake on mascara or even miss it =) good luck

ReputationRep:
    To be honest. I sometimes don't go out without makeup because sometimes i couldn't give a **** what people think!
    During my exams my makeup just lay in the corner if my room collecting dust becuase i just thought makeup was at the bottom of my priorities list and didn't bother. I have loads of friends like you so i won't judge but i really wouldnt want to not be able to out without makeup.. and its not beucase i think i dont need it really cos i dont have the best skin but you shouldn care so much what others think! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Why? Because I like to highlight my naturally hollow cheekbones, add a sun-kissed aura to my skin and make my eyes stand out? I don't see how those are the symptoms of a 'superficial little b*tch'.
    I will not comment on the ***** part, but have pretty much just defined superficial hon.

Between this and your OP, you have attempted to imply that any female who doesn't wear full make-up as part of her basic attire will less attractive and do not care about the appearance they present.

These are also classic syptoms of insecurity!

ReputationRep:
    Some of you are referring to the girls who slap CHEAP makeup on their face. I'm referring to high end makeup, which aims to accentuate your features and add a glow to your skin.

ReputationRep:
    You put make-up on just to go to the shops? Wow. That's just a whole new level of sad.

ReputationRep:
    Some of you are referring to the girls who slap CHEAP makeup on their face. I'm referring to high end makeup, which aims to accentuate your features and add a glow to your skin.
    Any make-up, however high end, will damage your skin if worn all day every day.

ReputationRep:
    lol Lots of girls can pull off the no make up look. It's a shame you're not one of them.

ReputationRep:
    I've never been the kind of person to wear makeup. My skin is fine without it so what is the point. I'm naturally pale and as a redhead any attempt to change that would look silly. The only difference makeup would make would be that with it you could see my eyelashes more. However, as my self esteem is not based on what random people think of my outward appearance why should I waste time on it when I feel confident without any on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    hahahahah loser.
    THIS

ReputationRep:
    I salute said females.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Referee)
    Any make-up, however high end, will damage your skin if worn all day every day.
    Not the high end makeup, as a lot of it contains hydrating nutrients, such as Chanel (which I personally use).

ReputationRep:
    I can't really pull off not wearing make-up, but to be honest, I don't give a crap. I'll put it on if I'm going out for the day, but popping to the shop? Piss right off!

Most blatant troll every anyway, but hey, couldn't help myself from responding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Complex Simplicity)
    lol Lots of girls can pull off the no make up look. It's a shame you're not one of them.
    Who said I can't? I just CHOOSE not to, because it looks grotsky. Do you think I would be able to get into clubs in Central London if I was ugly? :rolleyes:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.