Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The best looking girls are those that are confident on the inside with a great personality and a positive outlook on life. All that make-up that you wear just shows everybody else you're a weak-willed subject of conformism, because you don't want to break the norm and have people see you without makeup. Don't worry though, I'm sure you're equally shallow friends wont be able to deduce this themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shalarmay)
    Who said I can't? I just CHOOSE not to, because it looks grotsky. Do you think I would be able to get into clubs in Central London if I was ugly? :rolleyes:
    Of course you can if you look stupid, rich and easy enough to lay!

ReputationRep:
    Who said I can't? I just CHOOSE not to, because it looks grotsky. Do you think I would be able to get into clubs in Central London if I was ugly? :rolleyes:
    No, it looks 'grotsky' on you cause you can't pull it off. Oh well, I'm sure you have a great personality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Complex Simplicity)
    No, it looks 'grotsky' on you cause you can't pull it off. Oh well, I'm sure you have a great personality.
    Hun, I know girls who you couldn't even dream of getting with. You don't think they hang around with uglies, do you?

ReputationRep:
    Not the high end makeup, as a lot of it contains hydrating nutrients, such as Chanel (which I personally use).
    It might hydrate (maybe), but it doesn't allow you skin the breath - which will result in you having to wear make-up all the time.

No dermatologist would advise you that wearing ANY type of full base all day, every day is good for your skin! Plus, most of the Chanel foundations feel really heavy and take ages to remove :confused:

My preference is for clinique skin care products and foundation (when I use it), they're hypoallergic and matched specifically to skin type...Chanel make-up does not suit my skin - it gives me a rash.

Edit to add:

Knightsbridge...I ought to have known!

ReputationRep:
    I'm with OP! I wouldn't go out without make up just because I wouldn't feel feminine. Although I don't have anything against those who do so. I just think it's nice to try and always look your best so going out with bags under your eyes and horrible blotchy skin is not my idea of looking my best!

Also, people react to you alot differently, if you are made up and look like you've made an effort, they will generally be much more polite and make an effort to impress you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Referee)
    It might hydrate (maybe), but it doesn't allow you skin the breath - which will result in you having to wear make-up all the time.

No dermatologist would advise you that wearing ANY type of full base all day, every day is good for your skin! Plus, most of the Chanel foundations feel really heavy and take ages to remove :confused:

My preference is for clinique skin care products and foundation (when I use it), they're hypoallergic and matched specifically to skin type...Chanel make-up does not suit my skin - it gives me a rash.
    Are you sure you were not using a cheap rip off version? I buy mine directly from the Chanel counter or on their website.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe because girls that look after their skin can still look beautiful without layers of slap on their faces??

ReputationRep:
    What possesses you to do this? Even if I need to quickly pick up something from the shop I will spend at least 10-20 minutes applying foundation, mascara, lip gloss and bronzer. I wouldn't be seen dead without makeup on, because I see these girls without even a hint of foundation on and they look like walking corpses. They don't apply bronzer to their cheekbones, so their faces look bloated and the bags under their eyes are just atrocious.

I've been told that I am naturally beautiful, so covering up insecurities isn't an issue for me - as I know many of you will attack me for. I just couldn't walk out of the house with at least some foundation on, and I just want to ask girls who do go out without makeup on: WHY?!

Maybe you are just covering up insecurities

:yes:

ReputationRep:
    Make-up is so frightfully 16th century darling.

ReputationRep:
    Bill and ted are right

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure you were not using a cheap rip off version? I buy mine directly from the Chanel counter or on their website.
    I used the real deal honey...I can assure you!

ReputationRep:
    Hun, I know girls who you couldn't even dream of getting with. You don't think they hang around with uglies, do you?
    ofcause, it'd make them feel less insecure, hanging out with you. That and your great personality.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a bit of a **** comeback trying to say the OP's insecure, get a grip, so every girl who wears make up out is insecure? Uh, no, it's fun and makes you look good!

ReputationRep:
    Because some of us aren't dependent on makeup to make us feel 'good'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katieloula)
    I think it's a bit of a **** comeback trying to say the OP's insecure, get a grip, so every girl who wears make up out is insecure? Uh, no, it's fun and makes you look good!
    Not every girl...but the OP's manner hasn't done her any favours.

ReputationRep:
    I don't wear make up because it makes me feel unclean :/ even if I put on eyeliner/mascara, I instantly feel the need to wash it off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Referee)
    Not every girl...but the OP's manner hasn't done her any favours.
    Her manner isn't particularly polite, no; but I don't think she comes across as insecure. Bit pointless accusing her of being so IMO.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I've ever worn foundation or bronzer in my life, and know plenty of perfectly lovely looking girls who have no need for it. Besides, foundation clogs the pores.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onthejubileeline)
    I don't think I've ever worn foundation or bronzer in my life, and know plenty of perfectly lovely looking girls who have no need for it. Besides, foundation clogs the pores.
    Not if you get a good one.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.