Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shalarmay)
    What possesses you to do this? Even if I need to quickly pick up something from the shop I will spend at least 10-20 minutes applying foundation, mascara, lip gloss and bronzer. I wouldn't be seen dead without makeup on, because I see these girls without even a hint of foundation on and they look like walking corpses. They don't apply bronzer to their cheekbones, so their faces look bloated and the bags under their eyes are just atrocious.

I've been told that I am naturally beautiful, so covering up insecurities isn't an issue for me - as I know many of you will attack me for. I just couldn't walk out of the house with at least some foundation on, and I just want to ask girls who do go out without makeup on: WHY?!
    i don't wear makeup, and i don't see why i should have to change my natural face, i show my face how it is and if someone doesn't like it then **** them, i can't realy be bothered either tbh, i am very lazy. ho u look at girls without it and think wtf i look at girls with it and can't help but think what she looks like without it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katieloula)
    Not if you get a good one.
    I wouldn't know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onthejubileeline)
    I wouldn't know!
    Well it would be wise not to make a generalisation then.

ReputationRep:
    Well why should it bother you? I mean if you wear it then wear it but don't expect everyone else to. Everyone has their own reasons. Here are my reasons for not wearing it.
    I cannot stand any foundation on my face and I feel the need to wash my face immediatly.
    I think if you keep wearing it you will feel bare without it, so why not just keep your skin clear all the time and that way you wont need to worry about applying makeup even if you need to go out for a bit.
    Saves time not doing it, just apply E45 and your ready to go oh and Vaseline for the lips!

However not everyone has good skin and obviously like I said people will apply it for different reasons. But there is no need to judge people.

ReputationRep:
    Well it would be wise not to make a generalisation then.
    Sorry, I'm obviously a hideously ignorant specimen

:p:

ReputationRep:
    Because, I don't want to look like an overly made up tramp?

Every boyfriend and male friend of mine prefer the all-natural look. It's not much fun having to take make up off/put it on/scrub it off clothes when you're with a guy.

Foundation isn't good for the skin, even the mineral based stuff. It still blocks pores!

ReputationRep:
    If you want to wear makeup to nip to the shops, go ahead. Other people don't, and they don't all necessarily look like walking corpses with bloated faces and atrocious bags under their eyes. Some people are naturally beautiful and don't need any.

I myself generally do wear makeup, although not foundation but I definitely would go out without it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choccielatte)
    Because, I don't want to look like an overly made up tramp?

Every boyfriend and male friend of mine prefer the all-natural look. It's not much fun having to take make up off/put it on/scrub it off clothes when you're with a guy.

Foundation isn't good for the skin, even the mineral based stuff. It still blocks pores!
    No it doesn't you don't know what you're talking about. Clinque do a whole range of foundations that specially do NOT block pores and allow your skin to breathe. Actually, for oily based skin types, like myself, it can improve your skin; because the foundation dries my skin to a certain extent, my skin is ten times better than it was in my early teens when I did not wear it.

P.s - not all girls look like "made up tramps" when wearing make up - I suppose you think this of every celeb also - Heidi Klum etc? Do they all look like tramps every time they go out?

ReputationRep:
    No it doesn't you don't know what you're talking about. Clinque do a whole range of foundations that specially do NOT block pores and allow your skin to breathe. Actually, for oily based skin types, like myself, it can improve your skin; because the foundation dries my skin to a certain extent, my skin is ten times better than it was in my early teens when I did not wear it.

P.s - not all girls look like "made up tramps" when wearing make up - I suppose you think this of every celeb also - Heidi Klum etc? Do they all look like tramps every time they go out?
    I meant excessive amounts of eyeliner, mascara, foundation, bronzer, lipgloss and lipstick etc. I suppose you really need to see the girls in the area I live in - it's like a parade for those make-up dolls some of us got as kids... Largely because there are 5:1 (women to men) around here. I certainly wouldn't bother slapping on so much for a simple trip to the shops!

If you use excessive amounts of foundation, it can damage the surface - A dermatologica skin bar woman told me this a couple of weeks ago. No matter how good the foundation, or the claims made; it does damage skin. The affects people claim they see can be psychological, from good marketing and desire to look good. It's the same with many cosmetics.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps you should spend those 20 minutes building your self-esteem.
    Actually I think its an attitude problem.
    You see others as corpses, my GF would sigh at the amount of money you waste, and take her family to Claridges instead.

Edit:
    I should add, my GF who is 5"11 and taller than me damnit and has porcelain skin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choccielatte)
    I meant excessive amounts of eyeliner, mascara, foundation, bronzer, lipgloss and lipstick etc. I suppose you really need to see the girls in the area I live in - it's like a parade for those make-up dolls some of us got as kids... Largely because there are 5:1 (women to men) around here. I certainly wouldn't bother slapping on so much for a simple trip to the shops!

If you use excessive amounts of foundation, it can damage the surface - A dermatologica skin bar woman told me this a couple of weeks ago. No matter how good the foundation, or the claims made; it does damage skin. The affects people claim they see can be psychological, from good marketing and desire to look good. It's the same with many cosmetics.
    Yes, if you are RIDICULOUS, but the majority of people wear make up sparingly and look good with it on.

ReputationRep:
    I don't why everyone whines on about these people not having self esteem - it's totally unrelated in most cases.

ReputationRep:
    Many tell me I look nicer and more approachable without it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatexW)
    AHHHHHH it's the spoilt brat How's your mum doing? Your skin?
    This was going to be my comment

ReputationRep:
    using anything that isn't naturally already on your face is unhealthy in the long term - and that includes makeup, high end stuff or not.

ReputationRep:
    I have a huge amount of respect for girls who are happy with how they look and don't feel the need to put makeup on. 99% of the time girls are attractive as it is without layer upon layer of crap on their face - especially not the new radioactive orange look!

ReputationRep:
    Point 1) Im no expert but i dont think wearing large amounts or make-up on a very regular basis is too good for your skin (it may cause the skin to deteriorate causing the person to feel to put on some more
    2) Girls often look more attractive in my opinion w/o
    3) I prefer girls who arent obsessed with their looks and this is a sign, I mean u shudnt be insecure with the wa u look

ReputationRep:
    Spending 20 minutes putting make-up on just to go to the shop to pick literally 1 thing up?

That's quite sad :fyi:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gooner1991)
    Quite frankly, I just cannot be arsed.
    In complete agreeance. Hurray for the lazy, really not arsed ones :woo: .

ReputationRep:
    To the Moderator who warned me for quoting a swear word that another user threw in my direction, yet FAILED to even warn the user who used the swear word in the first place - I will be lodging a formal complaint with Acumen PI.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.