Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    truthfully because i'm lazy and always late so putting make up on is my last priority, I don't look like a corpse because I have natural olive skin and I also try to avoid wearing foundation because I want to try and get my skin naturally clear. I cleanse, tone and moisturise everday and wear vaseline on my lips pritty much all the time but I just cn't be bothered with the rest. If i'm just nipping somewhere then I don't care if people see me looking bad, I don't wear it at work but then my work mates hav seen me with it on so they no wot I can look like lol. I also don't like to wear foundation because i'm scared of rubbing it on clothes when I hug people and that annoys me
    also I don't think I look LOADS better with it on so why bother

ReputationRep:
    I don't approve of girls who must wear make-up everyday. It's not needed and frankly unnessecary. If it has all these benefits then why don't males wear it? It's an artifical need placed by society! You don't actually need it to look good and, in my opinion, it doesn't make you look that much better!

ReputationRep:
    Heya!
    I think your perception was pretty harsh. All in all, you must remember, there are some people who are naturally are stunning and don't want to wear makeup as it preserves their beauty to the highest standards . Always remember natural is always better.

Yes, makeup enhances features at times but no one wants you plastered with it. Even when applying to modeling agencies, they want you with good skin meaning (hardly any or no foundation at all for good complexion as it will suck out the moisture within your skin) and with opening castings non at all. Because they wanna know what they can work with not whats already there. This is because they would want to expand and suggest looks you can get away with, with makeup already there it limits the chances dramatically.

There are even guys out there who don't want their gf's wearing makeup. Mine doesn't, he likes his gf natural. To be honest, It is well known that guys prefer natural girls over ones who spend hours on applying makeup.
    And its true what other previous people have said, because some people rely on makeup so much, makeup becomes your face. You mention not being able to go anywhere without your makeup? That is a sign of insecurity. I studied psychology I know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shalarmay)
    To the Moderator who warned me for quoting a swear word that another user threw in my direction, yet FAILED to even warn the user who used the swear word in the first place - I will be lodging a formal complaint with Acumen PI.
    Shalarmay, I will be brutally honest and say that you are creating more work for the moderators! I am not a moderator (to cover my own back) but your contreversial threads are requiring moderation and your accumulated warning points (which seem to be rising by the hour) show that the moderators have a need to be on your back!

Moderators are users that don't like having to do work which usually isn't required. They only moderate because they are loyal to the forum and like to give back to the community - a community, which I might add, dislikes you.

If you do learn one thing about us - it's that we don't like you and want you to get out!

Peace!!

ReputationRep:
    I wear make up because I don't particularly like my skin without it.

But I wish I felt that I didn't have too.

ReputationRep:
    I generally wear make up if im going out etc but if im just popping the shop I would never put it on, theres no real purpose, i'd only take it off when
    I got home :/

But those who are like "Im so pretty i never touch make up" need to get over themselves just as much as the OP does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longorefisher)
    Shalarmay, I will be brutally honest and say that you are creating more work for the moderators! I am not a moderator (to cover my own back) but your contreversial threads are requiring moderation and your accumulated warning points (which seem to be rising by the hour) show that the moderators have a need to be on your back!
    This forum is heavily authoritarian and over-moderated, it doesn't surprise me.

Moderators are users that don't like having to do work which usually isn't required. They only moderate because they are loyal to the forum and like to give back to the community - a community, which I might add, dislikes you.

If you do learn one thing about us - it's that we don't like you and want you to get out!

Peace!!
    Oh dear, don't waste your breath - you look desperate. Moderators aren't going to see your infantile advertisement and think 'oh, that user is defending us, I will note them down for a potential moderation role in the future'. Keep dreaming, backseat moderator.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shalarmay)
    This forum is heavily authoritarian and over-moderated, it doesn't surprise me.

Oh dear, don't waste your breath - you look desperate. Moderators aren't going to see your infantile advertisement and think 'oh, that user is defending us, I will note them down for a potential moderation role in the future'. Keep dreaming, backseat moderator.
    Haha - I won't turn this into a ****ging match but I wouldn't want the job of moderator - especially if it meant having to deal with the likes of you!

Anyway - I'm finished replying for good :-P

ReputationRep:
    Right, I think that that is enough. I have dealt with all avoidance of the swear filter in this tread - if you have issues with moderation, then take it to AAM.

ReputationRep:
    Haha - I won't turn this into a ****ging match but I wouldn't want the job of moderator - especially if it meant having to deal with the likes of you!

Anyway - I'm finished replying for good :-P
    I doubt you would receive such a role anyway, considering the facile drivel you have been spouting and the brown-nosing of moderators.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.