Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I was just goin through the pics of high and low rise accommodation of the uni and i didn't see any storage space in these rooms while there was a wooden Almira in lakeside pic. Do standard accommodation really doesn't hv any storage space to keep ur clothes etc??? If thats the case, where do students keep there clothes??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasmeet)
    Hi,
    I was just goin through the pics of high and low rise accommodation of the uni and i didn't see any storage space in these rooms while there was a wooden Almira in lakeside pic. Do standard accommodation really doesn't hv any storage space to keep ur clothes etc??? If thats the case, where do students keep there clothes??
    They definitely do have storage space. They've got cupboards and drawers.

ReputationRep:
    There is a wardrobe, shelves on the wall, and a little chest. And space under the bed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FM08)
    great ******* great.

so what is it about it that makes it crap?
    i lived in lawrence and yes it wasnt the nicest place live but after a while u ignore that its sumwhere to live its what u make it not what it is and i certainly wud not pay an extra 40 quid a week 4 my own bathroom. u will hav so much more money living in a tower. lakesides carpeted corridors which prevents u havin water fights in the corridors towers dnt hav carpet there so u jus mop up also cus its already **** u can do wat u like no1 cares we fuked so many things up but i have had all my deposit back so much fun go into lakeside on ya final yr wen the work really countsfirst yr is 4 fun!! tower!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gem89)
    i lived in lawrence and yes it wasnt the nicest place live but after a while u ignore that its sumwhere to live its what u make it not what it is and i certainly wud not pay an extra 40 quid a week 4 my own bathroom. u will hav so much more money living in a tower. lakesides carpeted corridors which prevents u havin water fights in the corridors towers dnt hav carpet there so u jus mop up also cus its already **** u can do wat u like no1 cares we fuked so many things up but i have had all my deposit back so much fun go into lakeside on ya final yr wen the work really countsfirst yr is 4 fun!! tower!!
    You're lucky then! I know a lot of people who didn't get their deposits back cos people do care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gem89)
    lakesides carpeted corridors which prevents u havin water fights in the corridors towers dnt hav carpet there so u jus mop up also cus its already **** u can do wat u like no1 cares we fuked so many things up but i have had all my deposit back so much fun go into lakeside on ya final yr wen the work really countsfirst yr is 4 fun!! tower!!
    I played cricket with water melons and water fights with fire extinguishers in lakeside (2005) and got my full deposit back. I have also found that standard is far more stricter, for example lakeside doesn't have residential officers to the same extent of the towers (e.g rasheeda banging on your door at 9am). In fact we didn't have any inspections, the cleaners were fine and even cleaned our en suite.

I think your presumptions are naive at best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smtn)
    I played cricket with water melons and water fights with fire extinguishers in lakeside (2005) and got my full deposit back. I have also found that standard is far more stricter, for example lakeside doesn't have residential officers to the same extent of the towers (e.g rasheeda banging on your door at 9am). In fact we didn't have any inspections, the cleaners were fine and even cleaned our en suite.

I think so too. Whilst we did get problems at Lakeside sometimes we had hardly any notices from Nadine about the kitchen compared to our friends in Lawrence. We got about 2 and they got 15. They all lost out in the end. Rash is a part of that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smtn)

Now why would she do this?

ReputationRep:
    Just to wake you up sometimes. She'll screech MORNING DAHLINGSSSS -doorbanging- and then just close the flat door behind her.

Other times you won't be so lucky and she will let herself into your room.

ReputationRep:
    Let herself in!!!!!!! Why though! I've paid (will have) for the room so she can beep off!!! Grrrr! I'm just gonna take a load of snickers....she loves them, apparantly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FM08)
    Are you serious?? I really don't want to live at Uni and find myself in a ghetto style community.
    It kind of devalues the whole experience. You've reached this level of academia and now you've got to watch out making sure everythings locked up safe. Oh great, the radio just says police have arrested 26 people; asian gangs fighting in a kitchen showroomin birmingham!!!
    I'm sure it will be fine.
    Having said that my mate insists that he's not taking his 360 as it will get stolen? Likliness?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomtom:))
    It kind of devalues the whole experience. You've reached this level of academia and now you've got to watch out making sure everythings locked up safe. Oh great, the radio just says police have arrested 26 people; asian gangs fighting in a kitchen showroomin birmingham!!!
    I'm sure it will be fine.
    Having said that my mate insists that he's not taking his 360 as it will get stolen? Likliness?
    You do that anywhere though. I don't like leaving my bag lying around at work when I'm not in my part of the office. I think it'd only get nicked if he made it really obvious he had one and left his doors and windows open. It's just about being careful.

ReputationRep:
    Oh great, the radio just says police have arrested 26 people; asian gangs fighting in a kitchen showroomin birmingham!!!
    Did it happen in one of these areas ?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...0&postcount=76

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smtn)
    Did it happen in one of these areas ?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...0&postcount=76
    Lol! I do like that map :rolleyes: even though what it represents is nothing to smile about!!
    I don't know to be honest, it was just very select timing as i was halfway through the post the news headline came on.

So, what's been your favourite year so far at Aston? Let me guess, palcement when you were miles away :p:

ReputationRep:

So, what's been your favourite year so far at Aston? Let me guess, palcement when you were miles away :p:
    Final year, I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smtn)

thats stafford, chris bik was really nice she prevented our floor having so many fines cus of other pople she always gave us a chance. and she always knocked on your door at least 3 times b4 she came in. iv heard that bout rasheed before tho its not right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gem89)
    thats stafford, chris bik was really nice she prevented our floor having so many fines cus of other pople she always gave us a chance. and she always knocked on your door at least 3 times b4 she came in. iv heard that bout rasheed before tho its not right
    My point is, any kind of intervention simply didn't happen in lakeside. I didn't even know residential supervisors existed before hearing terror stories from the towers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gem89)
    thats stafford, chris bik was really nice she prevented our floor having so many fines cus of other pople she always gave us a chance
    I'm sure the girls won't mind:

Sounds like an angel, really.

ReputationRep:
    Never had any of those problems in Dalton. Barely ever saw our residence woman. Though she did lock my flatmate out of her room during the room inspection as she was in the shower at the time and hadn't locked her door and left her key in her room..

ReputationRep:
    yer we had a few like tht but we cleaned our mess and she left it. as long as u apologisedgot her sum chocolate she was fine

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.