Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Personal Trainer - Expensive? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolimemma)
    In a lot of cases you'll get much better advice on here tbh
    Don't see the need for a personal trainer. Oh and £30 per hour is pretty much standard. Deffo not worth it imo.
    Agreed, all a personal trainer is for is to make people 'feel' like their doing work and look pretty. Join the gym, follow the information on here. Ask for help with form from the people in the gym if you need to. Your just tossing money away with a personal trainer, if you cant motivate yourself having some guy whos taking your money is not going to get you motivated.

ReputationRep:
    I feel I am highly motivated when it comes to keeping fit and always had the opinion that they were a waste of money as its for people who need a bit of a boost.
    I work part time in a sport centre and a colleague of mine(a personal trainer) offered me a free session. It was the hardest I had ever worked out in the gym. I used to think I could push myself to my limit until i had the session. They give you your sets and reps and always try and squeeze that little bit extra out of you.
    Personally £40-50 is too much but if you can get it around £20-30 then id say do it. Go to your local council run gym, the prices there will probably be the cheapest.

ReputationRep:
    I think it sounds like a good idea, if you have the money to spend. With the amount of exercise I do I would be looking at over £600 a week for a PT.

But for most people, the lack of motivation is more likely to come from the fact that you won't see results if you only go once a week - save the £30 and go 3 x a week - with advice online you'll feel like you can keep it up within the month.

ReputationRep:
    If you happen to live near a Harpers gym, they're doing 5 PT sessions for £20 so get on down there :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I go to gym classes such as Spinning where there is an instructor who shouts at me - almost like a personal trainer and I find I do far more than I would on my own :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I'm a personal trainer and I have special student rate - starting at 30 for 1 session, and going down to 24, when you buy multiple sessions/series.
    For more info, look at i61ltd.tumblr.com, or look for I61ltd on facebook.....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.