Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i was talking to some of my guy mates today and one of them said he never approached me before, as in before we were mates, because i looked intimidating because im a really bubbly person who is always laughing alot and am rather loud, and dont really care what people watching think of me so always do what ever i feel like as in if i feel like singing in the middle of a shop, i will..i didn't realise i was intimidating guys :o: ...a few other of my guy mates agreed which made me slightly embarassed in a way..would you approach a girl like i've described above or be slightly intimidated or something?

thanks for any help in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    No, she is clearly a slut looking for attention.
    :eek: what?! how! just how

omdz would you really get that impression!? why, which bit...

ReputationRep:
    Depends what you were singing.

ReputationRep:
    he's just a pussy, needs to man up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noggins)
    Depends what you were singing.
    nah i just used that as an example, like if a song is playing in the store, or i have my ipod in ill sing along....

ReputationRep:
    Probably not.

I rarely find them that interesting to talk to. The quieter ones tend to be far more interesting characters in my experience.

ReputationRep:
    Yes i would be scared to approach you.If you were hot it would add to the fear.Are you?

ReputationRep:
    Because she is acting in a way that guys usually act, quite dominant in a conversation etc. Not attempting to generalise, but that's my two pence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sssdeol1)
    Yes i would be scared to approach you.If you were hot it would add to the fear.Are you?
    lol erm not really i think im just average

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by terpineol)
    Probably not.

I rarely find them that interesting to talk to. The quieter ones tend to be far more interesting characters in my experience.
    Yeah, this.

You sound like an attention seeker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sssdeol1)
    Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cookidge)
    Because she is acting in a way that guys usually act, quite dominant in a conversation etc. Not attempting to generalise, but that's my two pence.
    omdz! most my guy mates have said exactly that, that i act like one of them! eeek its like getting a mirror and realising other people's impression of me :o:

ReputationRep:
    Not intimidating, but I wouldn't want a girlfriend that never shuts up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luca118)
    he's just a pussy, needs to man up.
    ^^^This^^^ :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eric Arthur)
    Yeah, this.

You sound like an attention seeker.
    reaaly? how...so if you saw a girl laughing with her mates and singing to her ipod etc would you get the impression she's an attnetion seeker?

ReputationRep:
    thanks by the way, the comments are helping me to rethink how i should act in public!

ReputationRep:
    Laughing with her friends? No.

Singing out loud in a shop, yeah.

ReputationRep:
    Laughing with her friends? No.

Singing out loud in a shop, yeah.
    hmmm interesting..what if she was laugjing etremely loud and cracking jokes with her friends like loud if that maeks sense, like you know when you crack a joke and then do that punch thing with your friends as if to say oh that was a good one, is that off putting too?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean but I don't really wish to go through every sort of mannerism you exhibit when in the company of your friends and provide analysis. If you're being loud, I probably wouldn't like you as I tend to generally not like loud people. I'm sure other people are different and there are plenty who would like you. Don't worry about it and just be who you're comfortable being.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean [B]but I don't really wish to go through every sort of mannerism you exhibit [/B]when in the company of your friends and provide analysis. If you're being loud, I probably wouldn't like you as I tend to generally not like loud people. I'm sure other people are different and there are plenty who would like you. Don't worry about it and just be who you're comfortable being.
    LOL!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.