The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

oh i had AQA.....
NickiM
I did WJEC, I don't think anyone else on this thread has done as yet, and the questions were ok, on both books, there was 1 essay time question and one imaginative question. I thought it was alright, but the poem we had to analyse was a bit weird. Glad it is all over now though.

AQA was a bit of a nightmare according to most!
Reply 22
I was quite glad, my paper seemed relatively ok, no horrible questions, which I am very glad about.
NickiM
I was quite glad, my paper seemed relatively ok, no horrible questions, which I am very glad about.

So you were pretty glad then! :biggrin:
Reply 24
It was a lot better than I expected, especially the questions of Hard Times (our school does WJEC for Eng. Lit. so different books). The poem at the end we had to analyse was very wishy-washy and an awful poem to do an exam on because there's not much to say about it (called Sometimes). Anyway, I'm relieved and managed to reel-off 10.5 pages in the 2.5 hrs.
Reply 25
Oh "Sometimes", it was a rather weird poem, all I could think was about optimism, then I made a few "interpreted" points, about how "men" was used a lot, and how it indictated hot and cold places (grapes, and then frozen field).
mr fly
how did u find that quest (tkam) what did u write about, i did heaney and clark summer and weather (no idea number) around 21 22 23?

I wrote about how Boo Radley got locked up in relation to his strict father- family.

Then I wrote about the Finch's and how Aunt Calpurnia made a huge effect on the kids' lives after their mother died.

I was going to write about Tom Robinson in relation with the Ewells but ran out of time. :cool:

On section B the poems I compared were:

The ending of 'The Man he killed' and the ending of 'Hitcher' in addition to the original question which was to compare the endings of 'Havisham' and 'The Laboratory'. Unfortunately, I did not finish this question, even though i mentioned four poems which, according to my teacher, was important. :cool:
I thought it was quite good. I did 15 and 25
Reply 28
i did of mice and men q 7 and seamus heaney and gillian clarke question 20!lol i wrote ummm 4 sides was ok,hope 2 god i gota C!
rgrds
...hope evrey1 does well :smile:
Reply 29
Everybody in our school is on AQA, and everybody thought it went alright. Nobody ran out of time. I did the mockingbird question on family, and then the Heany and clarke question 22.
Reply 30
NickiM
Oh "Sometimes", it was a rather weird poem, all I could think was about optimism, then I made a few "interpreted" points, about how "men" was used a lot, and how it indictated hot and cold places (grapes, and then frozen field).

Yeh, I said pretty much the same thing. There was little opportunity for making interesting points.
Reply 31
anyone who thinks they've failed.. i'm sure you havn't!!
i did it this time last year with AQA and i thought i'd failed and i got an A, and it wasn't 'amazing' what i wrote in any way! my questions were about danger portrayal in henaey+ clarke and i think i had to write about the endings of 'growing up' and another story. the questions wouldn't have been hard, just 'strange'.

at least you didn't have an AS german essay on energy politics yesterday- whatever that was meant to be about!
Reply 32
I thought it wasnt at all bad to be honest - nothing I wasnt expecting.
Reply 33
i did questions 7 ( easy of mice and men question, well happy bout it) and 24 which i hated coz i rushed it.
Reply 34
The exam wasnt too bad, although it was still challenging. I done questions 6 and 22a & 22b! Talking about the weather/summer was abit hard as there isnt much to write about..Ahh well will have to wait for exam results in Augest!!!
Reply 35
i did AQA higher tier and man was it easy. I did question 6 (of mice and men) and question 23 (poetry)
Reply 36
I can't remember what the numbers of the questions were, but I did the one in To Kill a Mockingbird on 'who do you think is being educated' and the poetry one of the weather/summer :smile:
Reply 37
i have a query about the english mark scheme. I got maximum marks in all my coursework sections and for the eng lit exam that I did today I was able to make quite a few points, talking about language, techniques, etc etc, although I wasnt able to finish any of the three papers with a proper conclusion due to time restraints. How much does this really matter? What is usually, for OCR, the percentage boundary for A*? Thanks.
Reply 38
I was pleasantly suprised by the questions. My school do the AQA paper and most people in the higher sets found it alright.
I did Q3 - 'Growing Up' and 'Snowdrops', and Q 23 about weather and summer. I managed to do 8 and a half pages (even though it is quality and not quantity), so fingers crossed!
Another one here for the Welsh Board.

I didn't find it too difficult really. Straightforward questions on To Kill a Mockingbird and A View From the Bridge, and the poem was relatively easy. :smile: Fantastic.

Michael :rolleyes:

Latest