Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For my 18th birthday I'm having a Heaven/Hell themed party, and I'm actually stuck on ideas myself. I'm a size 12/14, and like 5 foot 2, so I'm not skinny or tall enough to pull off the devilish minidress or anything. I feel like I should be somehow a bit of both Heaven and Hell, but the only half/half outfits online look a little lame, so I'm not sure...

I really have no idea what to wear. Any suggestions, or links? I've been mooching around on various websites, but nothing jumps out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thejadedwords)
    For my 18th birthday I'm having a Heaven/Hell themed party, and I'm actually stuck on ideas myself. I'm a size 12/14, and like 5 foot 2, so I'm not skinny or tall enough to pull off the devilish minidress or anything. I feel like I should be somehow a bit of both Heaven and Hell, but the only half/half outfits online look a little lame, so I'm not sure...

I really have no idea what to wear. Any suggestions, or links? I've been mooching around on various websites, but nothing jumps out.
    How about taking something heavenly and turning into something a bit more dark and sinful?

Like dressing up as an angel, but seductive and wearing black instead of the traditional white. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Why dont you literally spilt your costume in half?

Like left side red and devilish, right side white angel, or something like that.

Im finding it hard to explain what I mean, but for example you could have dark eye make up and so on on the devil side, bright red lipstick, ripped stockings, crazy hair etc.

Then on the other side, the angel side smooth straightened hair, subtle make up, glitter, angelic things.

I hope someone knows what I mean, thing it sounds cool and can explain it better than me!

ReputationRep:
    You could wear a really nice white dress and then red accessories or something, kind of a mixture?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kexy)
    How about taking something heavenly and turning into something a bit more dark and sinful?

Like dressing up as an angel, but seductive and wearing black instead of the traditional white. :yes:
    Kexy sounds like he has done this before :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timetokill)

Like left side red and devilish, right side white angel, or something like that.

Im finding it hard to explain what I mean, but for example you could have dark eye make up and so on on the devil side, bright red lipstick, ripped stockings, crazy hair etc.

Then on the other side, the angel side smooth straightened hair, subtle make up, glitter, angelic things.

I hope someone knows what I mean, thing it sounds cool and can explain it better than me!
    I like this idea, and it would work well with the make-up, hair and accessories, but I think OP would have trouble with making the actual clothes half and half. Unless you bought a cheap white t-shirt and skirt and literally painted one half red! That would be pretty cool actually. Do it!

ReputationRep:
    cupid
    thats heaven isn't it?
    white tutu, red bodice/t-shirt, bow and arrow, wings, white knee high socks

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you just put a condom on the end of your nose and when anyone asks what you've come as just say "F*ck Knows"...did you see what i did there eh??...eh???? F Knows...nose...oh shut up you know its funny :-)

ReputationRep:
    http://www.justforfun.co.uk/prod.asp?code=ABRAC481&sa=
    http://www.partydomain.co.uk/d-commerce/product155.html
    http://www.acefancydress.co.uk/produ...oducts_id=8948

ReputationRep:
    If you wanted to do the half and half thing, an easier way to do it would be to split the costume diagonally... If you are interested let me know and I'll try and explain better!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorty.loves.angels)
    If you wanted to do the half and half thing, an easier way to do it would be to split the costume diagonally... If you are interested let me know and I'll try and explain better!
    Hm, how do you mean? Do explain

I'd love to do a split costume. If that failed though, I'm loving the cupid idea too... got a few ideas for makeup and things with that one

ReputationRep:
    go as milk

get a box and put some holes in for your head and arms then paint it white and put MILK in big letters

that always goes down well

ReputationRep:
    Cake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timetokill)

no no no i know what you mean!
    this is exactly what i was thinking
    being both angel and devil in the same costume
    you could do like angelic curls with a halo and pretty/natural looking pale pink blusher type of makeup as the angel with a long white flowing dress thing with maybe a gold ribbon/really thin belt to nip in your waist and give you shape and then the devil wear reds and blacks with bright red lipstick like the above said and have your hair crazy and messy and hold a devils fork or something

good luck op and also seeing as your the one throwing the party it'll be good to be both and kind of be a neutral person where everyone else can only be one, you're the most important person there of course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thejadedwords)
    Hm, how do you mean? Do explain

I'd love to do a split costume. If that failed though, I'm loving the cupid idea too... got a few ideas for makeup and things with that one
    Well instead of having on side of your hair different to the other, having to have two different types of head things, two different shoes... the split could be 'drawn' from under one arm two the opposite hip. Then you could have a sort of top half as one and bottom half as the other, but instead of it actually being top vs bottom... which I think would just look odd, the diagonal split would compare the two sides at the arms (could have sleeve one side strap the other - rather than having both the same if it was a top vs bottom split), like wise at the hip.

Maybe I should attempt to draw it? I think my whole point is that a diagonal split would be easier, and still give a comparison... Sorry I'm crap at explainging! This is why I didn't do art, can never put ideas into practise lol.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.