Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls, what if your boyfriend let himself go? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutta!)
    I did comment to my boyfriend saying, awww you poor thing you lost weight.

HAvent you been going to the gym lately? Awww you used to love doing that..!

Encouragment.
    Encouragement is good! You're a good partner for that

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend is skinner than me, and I'm eight stone! I wouldn't really care to be honest... I love him for him

ReputationRep:
    Lol is it just me, or do all the girls on this thread have skinny boyfriends? (mine included).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by >RazorImages<)
    My boyfriend is skinner than me, and I'm eight stone! I wouldn't really care to be honest... I love him for him
    I couldn't go out with a girl who weighed more than me... does that make me a *******? Then again she would have to weigh 13 stone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absinth)
    Lol is it just me, or do all the girls on this thread have skinny boyfriends? (mine included).
    Mmm, a lot of skinny boifs about :p:

ReputationRep:
    Me and him are the same weight, he's just skinnier because he's a guy and I'm a girl, less body fat ratio etc.

It doesn't make you a *******, no, but I think when you meet the right person it doesn't really matter as much as you thought it would, unless they're like proper OBESE !

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, my boyfriend carries some weight and I find him so sexy, the fact he has big arms, and that when we play he feels like hes really over powering me Tbh, body wise I don't like six packs or anything, I like an ordinary stomach and manly arms with long legs and a cute butt.

ReputationRep:
    i'd prod his belly and say.. oi you fatty, get to the gym..

ReputationRep:
    I would encourage him to work out more, with me :P I wouldn't just put up with it, i don't like chubby guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ken321)
    Encouragement is good! You're a good partner for that
    I think guys look so boyish when they are skinny

I want a MAN :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deano88)
    But would you expect the same in return ?

Well yeah, of course.
    I don't expect my boyfriend to just ignore and be happy if I suddenly gained 20 pounds.

I'm not saying that I'd dump a guy because he gained a little bit of weight. But if that weight gain continued to go up, because he was eating fastfood/candy/cake/etc... all the time, I'd talk to him about it and try to help him to get back to a more healthy weight and better eating habits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutta!)
    I did comment to my boyfriend saying, awww you poor thing you lost weight.

HAvent you been going to the gym lately? Awww you used to love doing that..!

Encouragment.
    OMG mine just said that to me before she went on holiday... best get on the protien. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SerpentineLara)
    Well yeah, of course.
    I don't expect my boyfriend to just ignore and be happy if I suddenly gained 20 pounds.

I'm not saying that I'd dump a guy because he gained a little bit of weight. But if that weight gain continued to go up, because he was eating fastfood/candy/cake/etc... all the time, I'd talk to him about it and try to help him to get back to a more healthy weight and better eating habits.
    Good answer.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't bother me, unless he was obese. Even then it would mostly be a health thing.

A few pounds however, I doubt i'd notice that much!

ReputationRep:
    I honestly don't know. My boyfriend is fairly skinny and when we're together we barely eat, just alcohol really... So I can't imagine him gaining weight, and nor would I want him to.

ReputationRep:
    I highly doubt my bf's going to 'let himself go' weight-wise anytime soon - but I wouldn't mind, i'm not exactly the model of health and fitness I used to be :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Ah, the age-old TSR double standard rears its ugly head again.

ReputationRep:
    If he put on serious weight, I'd tell him that I don't find it attractive and then give it a while to see if he lost the weight or carried on. If he carried on eating and putting on weight, to me that would mean he didn't give a s*** at what I thought anyway, so then I'd probably finish him! I think you're better off being honest! I mean I've been with my boyfriend for years now anyway and know him well enough to be able to tell him anything.

In reality this would never happen. His dad is quite chubby and he's always said he won't end up like him! Plus the fact he's too into his fitness and has a physical job, so quite buff! On the other end of the scale I don't like really skinny guys either!

ReputationRep:
    If he got proper fat then yeah, I would mention it in the kindest way possible. Basically a double chin and round belly. I dont mind some chub though, thats a good thing

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriends already weighs more than he should, if he put on more i'd be worried for his health than anything. Still love him

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.