Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok I need some serious makeup tips for dark skin especially for photos because I am sick of having "ugly" photos of me that looks like I am wearing no make up.

So dark girls (I mean indian and black girls) give me your tips please!!:woo:

ReputationRep:
    what type of make-up do wear, foundation? powder? eye-shadow? etc and what brand? mac? bobbi brown? max factor? what is your skin type like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiana)
    what type of make-up do wear, foundation? powder? eye-shadow? etc and what brand? mac? bobbi brown? max factor? what is your skin type like?
    er..I wear cheap drugstore brand makeup like maybelline rimmel...etc I have combination skin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pina.Love)
    er..I wear cheap drugstore brand makeup like maybelline rimmel...etc I have combination skin
    There is a whole thread down the page dedication to women of colour and their make up

ReputationRep:
    I'd suggest the Elizabeth Arden minerals foundation. Go to the counter at Boots and ask the ladies they're so helpful.

ReputationRep:
    Ok I need some serious makeup tips for dark skin especially for photos because I am sick of having "ugly" photos of me that looks like I am wearing no make up.

If you have some cash to spare I highly recommend MAC as they have an incredible range of colours.

Fashion Fair in boots does make up for dark skin.

Iman is also very good but on the pricey side.

Superdrug does a range called Sleek but i dont think its available in every Superdrug and Maybelline does make up for darker skin as well.

Happy shopping

ReputationRep:
    MAC is pretty good

ReputationRep:
    I'm not dark skinned but i am "ethnic" and yellow toned.
    i use MAC

ReputationRep:
    i'm indian and i recently bought foundation from fashion fair, i think it's good. £22.

Click here - this is exactly the reason why I made the thread - so women of colour can discuss make up and where to purchase products that is suitable for our skin tones.

Enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    i think mac is really good, fashion fair or elizabeth arden

ReputationRep:
    BlackUp is meant to be great makeup for girls with darker skin.

ReputationRep:
    hey i think mac should of good for you:

concealer
    studio tech
    pressed powder
    bolt powder

and thats it eye-shadows, mascara and other make-up can be bought from boots or superdrug, NYC make-up do lovely eye-shadows bit experiment see what works for you =]

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.