Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have really pale skin-makeup help!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have realllly pale skin and prefer mouse/powder based foundations but cant seem to find any pale enough for me! I was thinking of Nicola Roberts dainty doll and i know you can get it at asos.com but wanted to see if theres any good highstreet brands you guys can recommend?
    Max. £25

Thankss

ReputationRep:
    Please don't go orange

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Missmeem)
    Please don't go orange
    Thats why i want a makeup thats pale enough for me.. becuase the ones i use at the minute look orange on me and i hate it.

ReputationRep:
    Infaliable by Loreal is wicked! I know its liquid but it dries very matt :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs Matt Bellamy)
    Thats why i want a makeup thats pale enough for me.. becuase the ones i use at the minute look orange on me and i hate it.
    Aha, then you may continue seeking advice I'm dark skinned so i'm afraid I can't actually help you, sorry :P

ReputationRep:
    I use estee lauder foundation and I have really pale skin too but its liquid :\
    I used to use mousse but I wouldn't reccomend it tbh I think you constantly have to top it up and it dried out my skin. You should probably try no7 though, thats what I used to use.
    Whatever you pick don't go for benefit its just too dark

ReputationRep:
    i have your answer, i hope!!

i also have super pale skin, usually, i just moisturise but for make-up occassions, try the porcelean dream matt mousse, and the porclean shimmer (especially the shimmer its sooo perdy) sort of china dollish...

ReputationRep:
    MAC studio fix.
    my skin isn't even that pale, but relatively pale. get the palest shade. its just under £20. lasted me for 5 months minimum. its great. matt finish and its powder foundation.

ReputationRep:
    Prescriptives do an amazing range of shades for varying skin tones and undertones. Their foundations are around £22 and can be bought in most larger John Lewis and House of Frasers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs Matt Bellamy)
    I have realllly pale skin and prefer mouse/powder based foundations but cant seem to find any pale enough for me! I was thinking of Nicola Roberts dainty doll and i know you can get it at asos.com but wanted to see if theres any good highstreet brands you guys can recommend?
    Max. £25

Thankss
    That's why dainty doll was invented
    Read this:
    http://www.kissandmakeup.tv/2008/05/nicola_roberts.html
    http://www.nicolaroberts.co.uk/tag/dainty-doll/
    Asos is the only place that sell it at the mo, but it's heading to department stores next year
    http://www.asos.com/Dainty-Doll/Cat/....aspx?cid=4788

ReputationRep:
    Lilylolo mineral foundation is quite good £12 for a massive sifter tub. You can buy samples for 99p to make sure it's a good match against your skin tone.

ReputationRep:
    Pale skin is hawt :3

ReputationRep:
    You should check out the nice variation of foundations available at Lancome Paris displays! (They're in Boots and Debenhams and places like that). I know exactly how you feel about being pale but not finding a foundation light enough, but I use the Photogenic Lumessence Liquid Foundation in shade 001 'Porcelain' and it's fab. Pretty expensive though at £24 (I think), but you get what you pay for plus you don't need to use loads of it in one application so it lasts AGES; I've had mine for over 5 months and there's still just under half the bottle left.

GOSH Cosmetics also do nice porcelain foundations, too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeneewenz)
    MAC studio fix.
    my skin isn't even that pale, but relatively pale. get the palest shade. its just under £20. lasted me for 5 months minimum. its great. matt finish and its powder foundation.

agreed , mac studio fix fluid is worth every penny .

ReputationRep:
    I'm ridiculously pale too. Foundations that have worked best for me are Lily Lolo (in Blondie or Porcelain), No7 Essential Moisture, Max Factor Colour Adapt, and Max Factor Miracle Touch (all in the lightest shades available).

DON'T get the Maybelline mousse as one user suggested above; the range of shades in cheaper brands is often not extensive enough, and unless you have perfect skin to begin with, mousse foundations only show up what you want to hide (spots, dry patches...).

ReputationRep:
    I think OLay do quite pale colours don't they? I'm almost sure they do and they are not an expensive brand so worth a go. Have you ever tried just an illuminator instead? I have really pale skin too but never really wear foundation. I use Almays Healthy Glow but there are lots of illuminators and they look fab on your skin!

ReputationRep:
    I'm really pale - Ivory concealer is too dark for me! I swear by a Mac liquid foundation called Mineralize Satinfinish in NC15. Then I use face powder by B in Burlesque. They look really natural.

Prescriptives. Great because they offer pale shades that are matched the undertones in your skin too. Go along to a counter in a department store and get a free make over. In fact thats my advice for finding the best foundation for you.

ReputationRep:
    lily lolo in porcelain
    i've caught the sun a tiny, tiny bit across my nose so got "blondie" but it's just too dark

ReputationRep:
    I think MAC do really light colours.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.