Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have really pale skin-makeup help!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs Matt Bellamy)
    I have realllly pale skin and prefer mouse/powder based foundations but cant seem to find any pale enough for me! I was thinking of Nicola Roberts dainty doll and i know you can get it at asos.com but wanted to see if theres any good highstreet brands you guys can recommend?
    Max. £25

Thankss
    my friend has reaaaaaaaally pale skin and the dream matte mouse by maybelline (i think) is what she uses, she uses the palest one and doesn't ever look orange, it just matches her face, my advice is to check out the shades of them maybe OP?

ReputationRep:
    I have reaaaally pale skin too and I use Mac in the lightest shade possible.. it's amaaaazing <3 studio fix powder is better than the fluid I think, but that's because I like a perfectly matte finish

ReputationRep:
    Illamasqua are new and are supposed to be like up there with the best and they go VERY pale.

http://www.illamasqua.com/store/cate...er_foundation/

ReputationRep:
    MAC StudioFix powder foundation. I have the palest colour (N3) and it's pretty good...juust about pale enough.

ReputationRep:
    Jemma Kidd's make up range is good
    I use 02 (fair) and it blends really really well. I think its £20 but I'm not massively sure on that one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeneewenz)
    MAC studio fix.
    my skin isn't even that pale, but relatively pale. get the palest shade. its just under £20. lasted me for 5 months minimum. its great. matt finish and its powder foundation.
    This! I use it too and its the only foundation that hasn't turned me orange :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Gosh in the lightest colour is very pale, its really good too.

Like 8 quid from superdrug?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs Matt Bellamy)
    I have realllly pale skin and prefer mouse/powder based foundations but cant seem to find any pale enough for me! I was thinking of Nicola Roberts dainty doll and i know you can get it at asos.com but wanted to see if theres any good highstreet brands you guys can recommend?
    Max. £25

Thankss
    oh i just came on here thinking of recommending nicola roberts, oh well, i will go now!

ReputationRep:
    I have pale skin and I adore Chanel's makeup - the Mat Lumiere is only £26 too. Get the lighest shade and it works a treat! Ask for samples at all the counters in John Lewis/Debenhams etc and try them all out each day. Though for my experience, Estee Lauder is too dark for me. The "02 Light" made me orange!

I'd recommend not going for a mousse as it shows up every blemish possible... liquid foundation then a powder on top has always worked best for me. Then you can just repowder when necessary! I always get an expensive liquid foundation and then just a cheap powder (£1.99 for Boot's Natural Collection Compact Powder) and it works perfectly.

ReputationRep:
    I use MAC's Studio Fix in NW15. I'm not a huge fan of the consistency, but it is pale. I think I'm going to try out Prescriptives when I need new foundation as it's had so many positive comments from girlies on here .

ReputationRep:
    Clinique Superbalanced Make-Up in Alabastar (Shade 27)
    Palest you can get and is really light and goes on easily. Might need some powder with it though as it can get a bit shiny.

ReputationRep:
    Same problem use loreal perfect match, it's pretty matt/light and translucent powder is great for making pale skin extra matt. An c'mon it's like £8!!!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.