Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please dont reply if your going to make silly jokes as im genuingly looking for a bit of advice and reassurance. So Basically i am an 18 year old female and a virgin, i have a boyfriend of a year but am not sexually active. This is because 1, im Muslim and 2, i really do believe in sex after marriage.

Anyways im experiencing a little bit of agitation, I really do care for my boyfriend but the thought of sleeping with him is not really a problem, what is though is that i kno i have a high sex drive and masturbate quite often but never as in fingering, just rubbing and stuff. I dont know wether i should just sleep with him or continue to masturbate, i dont even think thats allowed to be honest but im so sexually frustrated but still hope to remain a virgin until i marry (which by the way i am no where near ready for !) I dont know what to do? maybe ill end up loosing my virginity anyway what should i do?? has anyone ever experienced anything like it, as in masturbating often to avoid sex? sos

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Please dont reply if your going to make silly jokes as im genuingly looking for a bit of advice and reassurance. So Basically i am an 18 year old female and a virgin, i have a boyfriend of a year but am not sexually active. This is because 1, im Muslim and 2, i really do believe in sex after marriage.

Anyways im experiencing a little bit of agitation, I really do care for my boyfriend but the thought of sleeping with him is not really a problem, what is though is that i kno i have a high sex drive and masturbate quite often but never as in fingering, just rubbing and stuff. I dont know wether i should just sleep with him or continue to masturbate, i dont even think thats allowed to be honest but im so sexually frustrated but still hope to remain a virgin until i marry (which by the way i am no where near ready for !) I dont know what to do? maybe ill end up loosing my virginity anyway what should i do?? has anyone ever experienced anything like it, as in masturbating often to avoid sex? sos
    If you honestly do believe in sex after marriage and it's something that you'd really like to hold on to then stick it out.

How does your boyfriend feel about it?

He's Great, honestly i think its because were from similar backgrounds he sees where im coming from.

He just sais that he admires my will but lately if actually been questioning wether or not im strong enough. Thanks for your advice though, i believe so im gonna stick it out

ReputationRep:
    If you really do believe that waiting is the right thing, as you say you do, then stick with it. It's hard, but you'll appreciate the struggle in the end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Well its good to stick by what you believe, but not really at the expense of your feelings. If hes a loved and trusted boyfriend and you think you may end up losing it before marriage, then isay it would be better to lose it to him than someone else. You'll be less likely to regret it. Sex is a wonderful thing and I used to want to wait until marriage, I guess my hormones got the better of me and i'm glad they did i have learned a lot more and enjoyed my relationships far more this way. Sex is part of love just like marriage and you can still have both of them regardless of where the sex comes. I do understand your Muslim but i know of Muslims who are not so strict and have had sex before marriage. I guess it just depends how you really feel about this.

ReputationRep:
    If you believe in no sex before marriage because YOU believe in that, then remain a virgin.

If you believe in no sex before marriage because its what you THINK you should believe, then reconsider if you think you're ready for sex and you think your boyfriend is the right person to lose your virginity to.

If you arent sure, wait it out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edenr)
    you'll appreciate the struggle in the end
    I agree to some extent.

OP, I do know of people who waited until marriage and when they finally had sex they wished they had not waited so long and had had more experiences with others. It can go both ways, personally it takes a lot of inner strength to wait so long and it's not something i think should be held in such high regard, there are more important things than conserving virginity.

ReputationRep:
    I think you should just do it

ReputationRep:
    The anticipation of sex is better than actual sex. Sex is good but if you believe so strongly, I really don't think you'll be happy afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Symbea)
    The anticipation of sex is better than actual sex. Sex is good but if you believe so strongly, I really don't think you'll be happy afterwards.
    yourenotdoinitrite

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    yourenotdoinitrite
    Who remembers the orgasm? You remember the stuff building up to it.

ReputationRep:
    Get some **** inside of ya

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Symbea)
    Who remembers the orgasm? You remember the stuff building up to it.
    I remember getting it into her hair a couple of weeks ago XD

ReputationRep:
    lol when someone has sex for the first time on the night of their wedding.

I'd hedge my bets on enjoyment, then disapointment, then confusion.
    Enduring years of frustration will result in a massive anti-climax. Excuse the whatever-that-is.
    Regular, normal (or not) sex, however, has the same enjoyment without the disapointment and confusion!

OK, OK, in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    I remember getting it into her hair a couple of weeks ago XD
    Yeah true, actually sex is pretty decent.

Best is when you aim it in her face when she thinks you're gonna do it on her chest.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.