Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes, I was in, were you?
Reply 2
it's not fair
Reply 3
Yep, how'd you find it?
Reply 4
Sorry habosh, I didn't expect that it could have something similar, but it was. Anyway, it's not exactly the same.
- 1st one, I was confused when I calculate the mass ... Dan, I know it should be easy, I thought I did it in the wrong way. The other parts were ok.
- 2nd one, I found it was quite straightforward, just take the readings as they ask ...
- 3nd one, abit tough, but finally I found the way out :smile:
Reply 5
it was so like yesterday's
Reply 6
****!

i could of easily got a high A, i put the oscilloscope in series [omfg, i revised that set up so many times :angry:], i measured L wrong, i had to guess the value at the end because of the stupid mistake.

Everything else i did good on i think may of messed up the inverse square law aswell

probs got 72% :mad:
So the oscilloscope went in parallel?! I'm glad I changed it now!

My inverse square was more of a straight inverse according to the values I got... oh dear!

Did seem a lot easier than some of the past papers.
Reply 8
What did you guys draw for the graph? How did it support the equation?

How did u say e = 1/r? Could you do value of e1/value of e2 = ........ do the same for 1/r and find percentage uncertainty?

(For a friend, did mine yesterday and screwed it up :p: )
Reply 9
i thought the question said inverse square law

:mad: :mad: :mad:

oh for **** sake lol. I said it did support the inverse square law and referred to E = k (Qq/r^2)
in this case E = k 1/ r^2

For r=2.0 cm, i drew a tangent, the gradient = E ~ 40Vm^-1
Therefore, inverse square law existed on small values of r, however for larger values of r the inverse square law was less pronounced.

Hope i get a leanent examiner so they can see that i mean E is proportonal to 1/r is not true.

Last question i plotted X vs 1/ 2pi f
1/C = gradient
cuts through the origin
Reply 10
She plotted an ln graph so thats clearly wrong! ~What did everyone else do for the E q?

How did you guys find the mass of the ruler?
For the last graph i did X against 1/f, which led to a straight line through the origin

my ruler mass was approx 50 grams

For the 2nd one it wasnt exactly inversely proportional, but very close, i think it was designed to be that way.
Reply 12
i got 59g for ruler
did u get kgm^2 for units of torque?
inverse law was arite exponential decay-like graph
graph of x against f straight line thru origin
frequency on oscilloscope 250hz
voltage on oscilloscope 4.4v

how did u draw the circuit for the osciloscop/sig gen with the specified equipment? did u connect osciloscope across the sig gen? how did u explain it ie what readigs etc?
Reply 13
Bloody easy exam, whats with that? Didn't even have to set up the circuit!! Amazing. Oh well, im not going to complain :biggrin:
Reply 14
my rukler was 70g.. I did an average between about 66 and 74. but thats probably cos the rulers varied that should be an accurate experiment with the knife edge.

got the gradient double at 2 to what it was at 4cm away from the central electrode, so I thought it was an exponential decay. which it shouldn't be. but hey I said it wasnt inversely proportional which should be correct.
Reply 15
bassman
i got 59g for ruler

how did u draw the circuit for the osciloscop/sig gen with the specified equipment? did u connect osciloscope across the sig gen? how did u explain it ie what readigs etc?

voltage was 3V ? it was one and a half markings and it was 2 volt per marking?
I agree with everything else.. yep kg m^2 for the value of I.

drew a normal circuit, with the three things in series and CRO parallel to the capacitor...
Reply 16
:frown: Oh,
I did in part three as considering the oscilscope can product the signal of the current.... ???
I'm not sure to think about how to measure the current of the capacitor?
I used the discharge capacitor time for the calculate Ic...?
Firstly, I did completely wrong for the planning and have to ask my supervisor to get another paper...
I think I lost about 7 marks..
Does anyone suggest for me how to take the value of Current Ic?
Thank U very much...
bassman
i got 59g for ruler

i got voltage as 2.8, it was direct from the given graph.
Reply 18
nas7232
****!

i could of easily got a high A, i put the oscilloscope in series [omfg, i revised that set up so many times :angry:], i measured L wrong, i had to guess the value at the end because of the stupid mistake.

Everything else i did good on i think may of messed up the inverse square law aswell

probs got 72% :mad:

wow thats quite accurate
u guys sure we have to use inverse square law in the 2nd part?? coz using the gradients at the required places, E = change in V/change in r and to test the E inversely proportional to r, E = k/r
so E (tangent at a given point) times the r at that point (eg 2 or 4), u'd get k approx the same for all the two values of r (2 and 4) and if incase u decide to take any other points, it'll work.

Latest