Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Im still virgin at 21, I decided when I was 16 to wait until I was in a proper relationship but I have never had a BF, Now im scared to get involved with guys incase they think im strange. A freind says im not normal and I should just have a one night stand but I can because it goes against my morals.

Am I right to be scared.

ReputationRep:
    No by all means if something goes against your morals dont force yourself to do it out of the fact that you think you should to conform to some idea that you have that you being a virgin is weird. It is by no means weird. People take things at their own speed and you chose to wait, that is your choice noone can question that and they should respect it, i certainly do. If it dosent feel right at the time then dont do anything you are not comdortable with.

ReputationRep:
    The problem i think is that tradiational schooling doesnt teach adolescents to lose their virginity by the age of 21

ReputationRep:
    You shouldnt waste that on a one night stand. A lot of guys would really like the fact that you could be their first at the age of 21. Your still young it's not a big deal. Find a guy who you can love and who will respect the fact you have waited for him to come along. What kind of friend tells you your not normal....ridiculous..

ReputationRep:
    Do what you want, if that means not having a one night stand, dont have one. Most people at 21 arent virgins, but that doesnt make you not normal.

Right to be scared of what?

ReputationRep:
    stick to your morals, absolutely, dont waver. when you find the right guy, he will understand and respect your decision, and then, it'll be so much more special.

make sure its loving, and good luck x

ReputationRep:
    You're friend is an *******. No one should be made to feel inferior because they're different; least of all a so called 'friend' - you are perfectly normal and having morals and principles is something that should be applauded not disrespected.

I have the same morals as yourself and have chosen to wait. I've told a fair few guys that I'm waiting for a relationship and I've never had a negative response. I've only ever had compliments about it - I've been called 'cool' for sticking to my own mind and not being a sheep or giving in to peer pressure. Be who you want to be, not who everyone else expects you to be.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone had to have their first time

If you are with someone who cares it wont matter one bit

ReputationRep:
    I think Ilora-Danon gives some good advice there :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Loads of people are virgins at 21. Think about all these people who wait until marriage. You're not weird, heck quite a few people are virgins at 25. It's your life, don't feel pressured into doing something that you are uncomfortable with.

ReputationRep:
    Most guys dig virgins.

Stay one as long as you are happy to.

ReputationRep:
    the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my life is a virgin in her mid-twenties. She can have anyone, but only her (future) husband (not me) can have her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Symbea)
    Most guys dig virgins.

Stay one as long as you are happy to.
    No they don't

Don't lose your virginity during a ONS, the guy will be a bit wtf due to the pain you will inevitably feel during your first time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Im still virgin at 21, I decided when I was 16 to wait until I was in a proper relationship but I have never had a BF, Now im scared to get involved with guys incase they think im strange. A freind says im not normal and I should just have a one night stand but I can because it goes against my morals.

Am I right to be scared.
    Wait until you're in a proper relationship. Loss of virginity always seems so special in the moment that you want it, but ultimately lose it to someone you love or actually care for (and who cares for you back).

ReputationRep:
    Heya!
    Hunni please don't! Your friends are being inconsiderate and misunderstanding. No true friend would think that's weird. I lost my virginity at 21 by something that happened dreadful. I cried for days and days and still wish till this day I could have it back. Don't ever think its weird, ever! keeping your virginity close to you and appreciating that you only get it once, is something to treasure, cause once its gone its gone.

The way your doing it by keeping ur virginity till you the right one, is the best. Why? Your respecting yourself, your virginity is not something you should just throw away. Save it till you feel when its right because its more meaningful.

I'm deeply in love with this guy and i wish i could have given him my mine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    No they don't

Don't lose your virginity during a ONS, the guy will be a bit wtf due to the pain you will inevitably feel during your first time
    Oh because guys are desperate for girls that get around and are so complimentary of them.

Besides, most religions value virginity in girls and since religious men are in the majority in the world...I'd say my statement is accurate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Am I right to be scared.
    Who cares what anyone else thinks? It's your body and it's your life. Do you really even want to be with a guy who would think you're strange for not having sex with someone you don't love?

Do what you want and don't be ashamed about who you are.

ReputationRep:
    There are 3781632829 virginity threads on here every day, which indicates that it's not that abnormal to be a virgin, it's fine, you're fine, eventually you will meet the right guy and everything will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crystal_Tokepi)
    Heya!
    Hunni please don't! Your friends are being inconsiderate and misunderstanding. No true friend would think that's weird. I lost my virginity at 21 by something that happened dreadful. I cried for days and days and still wish till this day I could have it back. Don't ever think its weird, ever! keeping your virginity close to you and appreciating that you only get it once, is something to treasure, cause once its gone its gone.

The way your doing it by keeping ur virginity till you the right one, is the best. Why? Your respecting yourself, your virginity is not something you should just throw away. Save it till you feel when its right because its more meaningful.

I'm deeply in love with this guy and i wish i could have given him my mine.

totally agree

i think it can easilt be concluded that your morals rawk, the advice you were given didnt, and tht staying strong and sticking to your morals will not be smething you regret!

ReputationRep:
    Oh because guys are desperate for girls that get around and are so complimentary of them.
    No, I want a girl who knows what she's doing and I don't want to be the guy who is her first time because its absolutely no fun for a guy because you know how uncomfortable it will be for her, and I want sex to be something we enjoy rather than up on some pedestal

Besides, most religions value virginity in girls and since religious men are in the majority in the world...I'd say my statement is accurate.
    I hate religion

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.