Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wallflower*)
    There are 3781632829 virginity threads on here every day, which indicates that it's not that abnormal to be a virgin, it's fine, you're fine, eventually you will meet the right guy and everything will be fine.
    :lolwut: that indicates that the majority think it's not normal, or there wouldnt be so many threads about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    No, I want a girl who knows what she's doing and I don't want to be the guy who is her first time because its absolutely no fun for a guy because you know how uncomfortable it will be for her, and I want sex to be something we enjoy rather than up on some pedestal

I hate religion
    Yeah well I guess some guys like to teach girls.

And I don't care about your opinion on religion, not sure why you think I do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by co_co_vogue)
    :lolwut: that indicates that the majority think it's not normal, or there wouldnt be so many threads about it.
    The majority of guys think the average penis size is 7 inches. We're a very ignorant world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Im still virgin at 21, I decided when I was 16 to wait until I was in a proper relationship but I have never had a BF, Now im scared to get involved with guys incase they think im strange. A freind says im not normal and I should just have a one night stand but I can because it goes against my morals.

Am I right to be scared.
    there's really nothing wrong with not wanting to have sex. Your friend is an ********. Ignore them and just do it when you feel ready.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Symbea)
    The majority of guys think the average penis size is 7 inches. We're a very ignorant world.
    Stupid generalisation.

ReputationRep:
    Stupid generalisation.
    Oh trust me, it's not as stupid as you think.

ReputationRep:
    Snap, just be true to yourself and try not to be tempted by peer pressure etc. Whatever you do don't have a ONS just to fit in, I respect girls who save themselves for the right guy / marriage. It may be difficult but it will be worth the wait, there are are guys who wait, I'm proof. peaceandlove

ReputationRep:
    Most people at 21 arent virgins, but that doesnt make you not normal.
    Um, doesn't that contradict?

If most people at 21 arent virgins, then surely the OP is not normal, by definition?

ReputationRep:
    If you want to have sex, have sex. If you don't, then don't. What is considered 'normal' really shouldn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    Im still virgin at 21, I decided when I was 16 to wait until I was in a proper relationship but I have never had a BF, Now im scared to get involved with guys incase they think im strange. A freind says im not normal and I should just have a one night stand but I can because it goes against my morals.

Am I right to be scared.
    Nah, don't be scared. Im a guy *checks* and I wouln't think its weird; it may even be a novelty http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/p.gif Anyway people will respect you far more for sticking to your morals. http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...milies/yep.gif

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ricky116)
    Um, doesn't that contradict?

If most people at 21 arent virgins, then surely the OP is not normal, by definition?

I meant it doesnt make the OP abnormal in general.
    The fact that they are 21 and virgin is a bit abnormal, but that's just my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Being a virgin isn't a disease. Have sex when you want to, not because you feel odd of not having it!

Thank you for all your advice i feel alot better now.

ReputationRep:
    why the hell wud u share this with a bunch of strangers. baffles me this site

ReputationRep:
    I needed advice.

ReputationRep:
    Tehe, I've got a bit of experience from both sides here so I'll share!

I was in the same position as you, 21 and hadn't done it yet. In the end I lost it to a guy I fancied but hadn't known very long at all. We were both very drunk and at the time I just thought 'what the hell'. I do kinda regret that night, the sex wasn't good, BUT it turned into a relationship! We are so close now, we're adventurous in bed and have fun but also can be tender and 'make love'. I'm very very glad that in the end I have only shared that part of myself with one special person, and we are falling for each other :redface: . Please WAIT for the right person.

ReputationRep:
    you ARE normal.
    nothing wrong with this.
    dont lose it just cause you think you're a late bloomer.
    you are not.
    lose it when you feel like it, to a decent guy.

whoa why the hell didn't my post as anonymous option work??

whoa why the hell didn't my post as anonymous option work??
    sorry this was what i meant to write:

hi there,
    i'll be 21 soon and am in the same position, there are some others still out here i wish i could say that i have strong morals, but i'm just very shy
    yeah starting to feel like a bit of a weirdo in comparison to all my friends, just hoping that when i do meet a nice guy that likes me too he won't be too bothered by it
    in the mean time i try not to stress too much

ReputationRep:
    its not strange. and nothing to be afraid of.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.