Turn on thread page Beta

I just feel so fat ALL THE TIME watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok, well i think this probably is a very frequently occuring type of post.

Anyway, i'm female and i'm 16,
    Sometimes i'm getting ready to go out and i think i look OK.
    Then i look back on photos and realise how DISGUSTING i actually looked, and the other day i saw my reflection in the mirror of this shop and i just thought, omg, could i be fatter or more ugly??

I know this sounds incredibly self absorbed because every other girl my age probably feels the exact same way.

I'm not the kind of person who believes that appearance is something that matters too much anyway, nevertheless i'm generally a very self conscious paranoid person, i always have been, and i don't feel comfortable within myself unless i feel like i look decent. I like to feel good about myself and the only way that happens is if i feel comfortable with my appearance.

Anyway this extreme selfconsciousness has got so out of hand that i feel too paranoid to go to the gym and everything and its ridiculous.

I'm about 5ft 5/6/7 and i'm 10st. Realistically, i know i need to loose quite a few pounds (I put on 1st over the gcse period). Its just that i'm not a naturally skinny person and i would hate to look like a stick. I've generally been , not happy, but satisfied with my weight, but recently every day all i think about is how obese and ugly i am!!

I've always been around a size 10 but recently i've been more of a 12 =/
    anyway sorry to ramble, help tho?

ReputationRep:
    (ive posted this before but in the total wrong place, sorry)
    Ok, well i think this probably is a very frequently occuring type of post.

Anyway, i'm female and i'm 16,
    Sometimes i'm getting ready to go out and i think i look OK.
    Then i look back on photos and realise how DISGUSTING i actually looked, and the other day i saw my reflection in the mirror of this shop and i just thought, omg, could i be fatter or more ugly??

I know this sounds incredibly self absorbed because every other girl my age probably feels the exact same way.

I'm not the kind of person who believes that appearance is something that matters too much anyway, nevertheless i'm generally a very self conscious paranoid person, i always have been, and i don't feel comfortable within myself unless i feel like i look decent. I like to feel good about myself and the only way that happens is if i feel comfortable with my appearance.

Anyway this extreme selfconsciousness has got so out of hand that i feel too paranoid to go to the gym and everything and its ridiculous.

I'm about 5ft 5/6/7 and i'm 10st. Realistically, i know i need to loose quite a few pounds (I put on 1st over the gcse period). Its just that i'm not a naturally skinny person and i would hate to look like a stick. I've generally been , not happy, but satisfied with my weight, but recently every day all i think about is how obese and ugly i am!!

I've always been around a size 10 but recently i've been more of a 12 =/
    anyway sorry to ramble, help tho?

ReputationRep:
    erm..you are very pretty?

ReputationRep:
    Try your best not to worry so much. From your height and size you don't sound that fat but if your not happy a balanced diet and exercise is the way to go. That way you can loose fat in a maintainable manner and get healthier. Its not easy but it will get you to your goals

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you could supply us with a pic?
    To be honest, though, I bet you're just as pretty as every other girl (if not moreso; some really attractive girls seem to think the opposite, who then proceed to ruin their image)

ReputationRep:
    Don't we all

ReputationRep:
    it's perfectly normal to feel a little hung up about the way you look , everyone has things about themselves they dislike , we all go through it .

just focus on the positive things and don't let it get out of hand , if it's really getting you down see your gp .

ReputationRep:
    Stop being so mean and harsh on yourself , and stop being so negative. it can't be that bad , you're more beautiful than you think , if I'm right size 12 isn't obese is it. And no one can help you but yourself , hit the gym or something , go for a jog ?.

ReputationRep:
    Confidence is the difference between a happy or sad existence. You need to master it. It's possible for everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Don't we all
    Yeah, just realised how many of these posts there are on here like this =\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maximum Velocity)
    Stop being so mean and harsh on yourself , and stop being so negative. it can't be that bad , you're more beautiful than you think , if I'm right size 12 isn't obese is it. And no one can help you but yourself , hit the gym or something , go for a jog ?.
    I'd love to go jogging but i also am not very physcialy fit, i dance about 4 hours a week and walk to and from school but thats it, not much other excercise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeneewenz)
    I'd love to go jogging but i also am not very physcialy fit, i dance about 4 hours a week and walk to and from school but thats it, not much other excercise.
    peopl exersize to get fit :cool:

ReputationRep:
    every ones pretty in their own way and i'm sure your beautiful size ten is not huge :-)

ReputationRep:
    peopl exersize to get fit :cool:
    haha yeah i know, but its like a vicious cycle, i'm too unfit to excercise and because i don't excercise i'm unfit!

ReputationRep:
    How about you do something about it?

Complaining on TSR wont make you lose the stone you gained.

ReputationRep:
    Just to reassure you that the average size for British women is 14/16.

Your BMI is also ~22, which is perfectly normal as well.

Seriously, don't worry I personally won't judge a girl on her weight unless she was really overweight (which you're not).

You are beautiful no matter what they say
    Words can't bring you down
    You are beautiful in every single way
    Yes, words can't bring you down
    Don't you bring me down today...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeneewenz)
    haha yeah i know, but its like a vicious cycle, i'm too unfit to excercise and because i don't excercise i'm unfit!
    You're lacking drive and motivation , where's the enthusiasm , you want to lose weight don't you , so get of your backside and lose some then , no other way to put this , sorry if it sounded rude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onlinebacon)
    How about you do something about it?

Complaining on TSR wont make you lose the stone you gained.
    Yeah, i know. guess i'm just lazy. thanks anyway.

ReputationRep:
    You're lacking drive and motivation , where's the enthusiasm , you want to lose weight don't you , so get of your backside and lose some then , no other way to put this , sorry if it sounded rude.
    No, thanks i know its true, and i know i can do it, but i just cannot be bothered to start!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 18, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.