Turn on thread page Beta

I just feel so fat ALL THE TIME watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeneewenz)
    Yeah, i know. guess i'm just lazy. thanks anyway.

I saw you say your too unfit to excersize.

You never are, you can just do less than people who are used to it.

Just go for a jog or something, or even a fast walk and when you feel like you cant run anymore, walk for a bit, then carry on running when you can again.

Keep doing this and you WILL lose weight, oh and control your diet, no carbs before bed that sorta thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Not everyone..

everyone is beautiful to someone.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder :-)

ReputationRep:
    Someone needs a cuddle.

I'd quite like a cuddle. Do you want to cuddle?

ReputationRep:
    No, thanks i know its true, and i know i can do it, but i just cannot be bothered to start!
    in the nicest possible way, with this attitude, you are only going to get bigger, unhealthier and "uglier".

go exercise once you start for a week, youll see the difference, and it will hopefully motivate you more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Although most people have some kind of physical attraction (if you dig hard enough), that last statement is just wishful thinking and a way of giving truely ugly people false hope.

it's not giving anyone false hope. it's a perfectly true statement .
    'truly ugly' is just based on whatever you feel it actually is at the end of the day.
    just like someone can say to me 'X person is incredibly hot' and i can think they are repulsive looking .
    it's all down to personal preference .

ReputationRep:
    (ive posted this before but in the total wrong place, sorry)
    Ok, well i think this probably is a very frequently occuring type of post.

Anyway, i'm female and i'm 16,
    Sometimes i'm getting ready to go out and i think i look OK.
    Then i look back on photos and realise how DISGUSTING i actually looked, and the other day i saw my reflection in the mirror of this shop and i just thought, omg, could i be fatter or more ugly??

I know this sounds incredibly self absorbed because every other girl my age probably feels the exact same way.

I'm not the kind of person who believes that appearance is something that matters too much anyway, nevertheless i'm generally a very self conscious paranoid person, i always have been, and i don't feel comfortable within myself unless i feel like i look decent. I like to feel good about myself and the only way that happens is if i feel comfortable with my appearance.

Anyway this extreme selfconsciousness has got so out of hand that i feel too paranoid to go to the gym and everything and its ridiculous.

I'm about 5ft 5/6/7 and i'm 10st. Realistically, i know i need to loose quite a few pounds (I put on 1st over the gcse period). Its just that i'm not a naturally skinny person and i would hate to look like a stick. I've generally been , not happy, but satisfied with my weight, but recently every day all i think about is how obese and ugly i am!!

I've always been around a size 10 but recently i've been more of a 12 =/
    anyway sorry to ramble, help tho?
    Your problem isn't physical. There's nothing wrong with the way you look or your weight. Your problem is a mental one. You have low self-esteem, and I bet suffer from depression and anxiety.

My advise would be to see a psychiatrist and get to the root of the problem.

ReputationRep:
    tbh you sound fine. Size 12 at your height is perfectly normal. I think you probably have low self esteem, you could try getting a self-help book to conquer that, someone in h&r is always going on about a certain one.

ReputationRep:
    no worries, don't let your insecurities dictate your life...you're not fat and if you want to lose weight, increase the total hours of dancing you do in a week and cut down on your fat intake =)

Feeling good about yourself is a difficult accomplishment for most, but slowely work to this goal...life and you are too beautiful to feel ugly

ReputationRep:
    Christ I'm a male and when someone takes a picture of me on the camera (I am camera shy) and they show it to me I look away before I see it as I don't want to look at myself in fear of embarresment or something. It's quite suprising that I do actually have a profile pic up though! Took me a few months until I decided to put one up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Just to reassure you that the average size for British women is 14/16.

Your BMI is also ~22, which is perfectly normal as well.

Seriously, don't worry I personally won't judge a girl on her weight unless she was really overweight (which you're not).
    Averages are nothing to go by. A lot of the British population is at least overweight if not obese.

If you feel that bad just go to the gym regularly and eat less. Simples *squeak*

ReputationRep:
    Exercise more. I heard somewhere that if you make a conscious effort to breathe in when you're walking about that it strengthens your stomach muscles, not sure how true that is though :p:

Chances are that you'll probably grow out of it anyway as you finish puberty as long as you keep eating normal amounts of normal, balanced food.

ReputationRep:
    Pics or it didn't happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Exercise more. I heard somewhere that if you make a conscious effort to breathe in when you're walking about that it strengthens your stomach muscles, not sure how true that is though :p:

Chances are that you'll probably grow out of it anyway as you finish puberty as long as you keep eating normal amounts of normal, balanced food.
    Probably does about as much good as a situp or crunch would (Not an awful lot).

Surely some of what your describing is normal? I dont feel good going out unless I think I look at least ok, I guess the difference is what you think ok is.

Why do you feel self conscious to go to the gym? Everyone in there is trying to improve themselves, I know it seems a little bit daunting but Iv never seen anyone be talked about or laughed at etc.

However, being 16 and female I bet your likely to get taken in by the crap which circulates around 'swimming is great for toning' 'low weight high reps' 'eat less than (1500 etc etc) a day to get thin'. Go to the fitness section, read the stickies. Theres one with a link to a guide for girls wanting to 'tone'. That'll sort you out in terms of the exercise and diet

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry. I'm 5"7 and weigh more than you and I'm a size 14. I'm the same age as you, btw. I bet you don't look as bad as you're making out to be. And as someone has already suggested above, excercise and a balanced diet will help you loose fat.

Good luck =)
    x

ReputationRep:
    Trust me im a guy and im exactly the same as you. I can be going out to a party or something and look in the mirror and be like yeah I look quite nice think im a fairly good looking guy. Then when the pictures come back from the night I think I look ugly horrible and fat I cannot stand it. I have such a low self esteem because of this so I have made changes I am eating more healthly and I am joining a gym next month and hoping that it may give me more confidence.

People always say your not fat or your not ugly but no matter how much people can tell you, you still see yourself differently and it is really terrible because it ruins your life thinking your so ugly. Hopefully if I manage to over come this I will tell you how I did it if you havent gained more confidence by then.

But like you say if you think you need to lose a few pounds I am sure you will feel much better if you do it.

ReputationRep:
    These threads are so stupid, the girl isn't even overweight and is below the national average, pfft. I don't understand why people are giving her the time of day to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand how weight works, I'm 5"2, a size ten, and yet I'm over 11 stone Anyone care to shed any light on why this happens? Maybe I just have heavy bones

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    I don't understand how weight works, I'm 5"2, a size ten, and yet I'm over 11 stone Anyone care to shed any light on why this happens? Maybe I just have heavy bones
    Everyones body is different, some carry more water than others. Some are fattier than others.

Basically if your heavy but average size and not wobbly its muscle since muscle is more dense than fat.

I'm about 5ft 5/6/7 and i'm 10st. Realistically, i know i need to loose quite a few pounds (I put on 1st over the gcse period). Its just that i'm not a naturally skinny person and i would hate to look like a stick. I've generally been , not happy, but satisfied with my weight, but recently every day all i think about is how obese and ugly i am!!

I've always been around a size 10 but recently i've been more of a 12 =/
    anyway sorry to ramble, help tho?
    well im 5ft 6/7, size 10-12 and between 9-9.5 stone so only a little smaller than u so id say your figure etc sounds fine!
    i feel like this sometimes, tho guys always tell me im skinny which i wouldnt say i am
    so try not to worry, but if you found an exrcise that u enjoy then it could be a way to lose a little bit of weight and or feel better about yourself!!
    e.g. i swim occasionally, and did a pole dancing course which helped tone my legs!!
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    maybe your fairly toned/muscly ? coz muscle weighs more than fat so there could be a person the same height and size as you but who weighs less coz theyre a bit more squishy!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 18, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.