Turn on thread page Beta

How chilled out are you? watch

ReputationRep:
    On a scale of 1-10 I'd be 8.5 . My dad would be 6 and my mother would be 1. She has the ability to drive all crazy.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all right now, I'm home and I can't smoke, it sucks

ReputationRep:
    as chilled out as this song:

Bump.

I just feel that all my life I have lived with such an uptght family and I would love to break free from it all.

Squish.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I just feel that all my life I have lived with such an uptght family and I would love to break free from it all.

Squish.
    Same here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munn)
    i don't see the point in getting angry or stressed so i don't
    i recently moved back to my parents' house where it's world war 3, 4 and 5 between my parents and brother, but i don't let it get to me
    It's WW3 in my house too. Unfortuneately, I can't keep a cool head. Everyone argues with everyone. Can't hold a conversation with my parents for more than 5 minutes lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatrollingstone)
    I'm very chilled. My parents, not so much, but they are learning to adapt
    Yep, but the trainings taking me a while. I swear they're getting more stressy these days for no reason =\

ReputationRep:
    Sadly, not very chilled out at all. I tend to get anxious and stressed easily.

(Original post by Mickie112)
    Sadly, not very chilled out at all. I tend to get anxious and stressed easily.
    Why's that?
    Squish.

ReputationRep:
    Recently I've found myself to be getting stressed by such silly things which I partly attibute to living at home where the atmosphere is so uptight. I love going round my friend's houses because they're parents are so chilled out, and they are able to discuss boyfriends, alcohol and almost anything with no embarrasment. When I'm out I should expect at least 10 missed called from my mum. When I get home there is almost always a big grilling about something or other.

So, how chilled out are you? Your family? Do your parents stress about the silly things? Or could they not care less about rules and regulations?

I get angry quite quickly, but i attribute that to my crappy office job and irritating 1 hour each way commute.

The change of lifestyle university offers will hopefuly chill me out a bit!

ReputationRep:
    I'm too chilled, things that I should get annoyed about just don't bother me that much anymore. My parents are pretty easy going if im honest.

ReputationRep:
    http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...699960071s.jpg
    that chilled out

ReputationRep:

Squish.
    Hmm I think if we've learned anything from this thread is that generally families are dysfunctional, and the one's who are like "my parents are cool" it's normally because they're parents don't like them much, lol. I think this was a good idea for a thread and reassuring as well! My mum is pretty highly strung also. Menopause maybay?! that always seems lik a poor excuse, I just think middle aged women tend to have a crisis worse than middle aged men (who just buy a sports car/grow their hair/learn the banjo/have an affair)

know what i mean?

ReputationRep:
    like, i think I've got a tough time with my edgy mother, but when I think of my friends families, they're probably worse. like, the "cool" parents are all divorced...

ReputationRep:
    oh and Lou Reed, it's very boring of you to post your own music up for no good reason.

ReputationRep:
    My family stress my out. Other than that, I'm pretty chilled out.

ReputationRep:
    Too chilled

ReputationRep:
    OP, haha i know the feeling
    Overprotective parenting is a sign of unconditional love i guess.. that's what i keep telling myself

Do you spend a lot of time to get away from the parent/parents that stress you out? In front of a computer etc, because i found that when i spent more time with my parents things got a lot more civil

ReputationRep:
    Very

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.