Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm 50/50. Sometimes I'm horizontal and other times I'm like a frantic hamster.
    When I worry, I seriously worry and tend to go a bit psycho. The amount of sleep I lost during my exams because I'd forgotten something was ridiculous.

My mum is a hell of a lot less stressy now my dad's cleared off and she's got everything sorted out She's like an over grown teenager and she's getting to horizontal. Except when I go out clubbing or haven't hoovered. Then she's a bit more vertical xD

A classic one was me falling through the door drunk with a traffic cone a few weeks back xD I scuffed the skirting boards and nearly took the dog out. She was fine at the time but when I got back from work the next day (still hungover ) she let rip about my behaviour.

We then went to the pub the weekend after and got wrecked on tequila slammers

My dad's gone from being horizontal to a bag of nerves. Its rather funny when he gets tetchy xD

ReputationRep:
    my home gets pretty stressed out too, everyone seems to get wound up by eachother. bu i seem to be oblivious to it all , i just let it all wash over me. no point arguing and no point getitng stressed

ReputationRep:
    It takes a lot for me to get worked up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Recently I've found myself to be getting stressed by such silly things which I partly attibute to living at home where the atmosphere is so uptight. I love going round my friend's houses because they're parents are so chilled out, and they are able to discuss boyfriends, alcohol and almost anything with no embarrasment. When I'm out I should expect at least 10 missed called from my mum. When I get home there is almost always a big grilling about something or other.

So, how chilled out are you? Your family? Do your parents stress about the silly things? Or could they not care less about rules and regulations?
    Yeah man, like, totally, just chillax... man!

ReputationRep:
    I'm REALLY sporadic with my stress-levels.
    I rarely get stressed about things I should get stressed about, but today for instance i got really stressed that we weren't standing in a queue for the aeroplane and just sitting on the floor :cool:. With exams I vary - sometimes I can be UNBELIEVABLYANDULTRAOMGOGGKAHKH stressed to the MAXIMUM, but some (mainly the ones where I am doomed to fail) I won't stress at all.
    As for my family - mi madre is not a very stressy person but my dad is about mess. Our house is like some sort of sanitation room... the only free space is MY room which my dad/mother gets stressed about.
    I don't really get stressed having alcohol in the house - but I'd rather be at someone elses house than my own as I tend to want to avoid embarrassing situationssss.

ReputationRep:
    I'm calm most of the time, but I do have my moments, just depends on what's going on in my life really.
    Family are pretty chilled too, though any clashes were normally between my mum and sister.

Not chilled out at all - not angry, just worrying tiredness and stress. And I don't know why.

ReputationRep:
    my family aren't very chilled, but i am, some how

ReputationRep:
    The only time I began to get a bit worried was when I wound up in Belgium with no idea where to go -but as usual it worked out fine.

ReputationRep:
    Im becoming quite chilled out, used to be very uptight!
    My dad is so chilled out, never bothers me when im out really whereas my mum used 2 ask me would i txt when i got home from clubbing(she doesnt live with us) and she used to crack up when i forgot but i think shes learnt now that i really do just forget.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been that chilled recently. Been suffering from sadness, though I'm working hard to treat it now. :yep:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.