Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey any other bikers on TSR?

If so what type of riding do you enjoy?
    Dirt Jump, Freeride, Downhill, XC, all mountain or whatever.

Lets have a good chat about bikes, as they are really cool

ReputationRep:
    I love riding bikes, but can't find anywhere I could do stunts and downhills on

ReputationRep:
    I DH/Freeride on a Cannondale Gemini and it absolutely rocks, despite falling apart at Fort Bill this summer.

mtbing rocks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paella)
    I DH/Freeride on a Cannondale Gemini and it absolutely rocks, despite falling apart at Fort Bill this summer.

mtbing rocks

I could be getting my hands on a Rather tasty Big Hit soon
    My saracen isn't up to much due to the awful fork and 5 inch shock. Rides like a cheap slopestyle bike.

I'm lucky, I have a trail about 10 minutes away from my house which is great for some serious freeride. Going tomorrow if the rain isn't bad .

ReputationRep:
    I ride a bit of downhill and do a little bit of freeriding. Just local trails, as I only do it for fun and for it to be a bit chilled out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MetalheadA7X)
    I could be getting my hands on a Rather tasty Big Hit soon
    My saracen isn't up to much due to the awful fork and 5 inch shock. Rides like a cheap slopestyle bike.

I'm lucky, I have a trail about 10 minutes away from my house which is great for some serious freeride. Going tomorrow if the rain isn't bad .
    Good stuff, Big Hits are pretty sound bikes I got some sexy Ortleib panniers for my roadie as I'm going touring in Holland @ the end of summer , should be good fun to chill out there after results day (and get slaughtered)

ReputationRep:
    I've got a Specialized Hardrock (04, ok so it's a bit old), with some Shimano SPD's.
    I do a bit of road cycling on it, and some typical mountain biking with a little downhill.

I can't wait to graduate, get a job, and buy a proper road bike and a nice new mountain bike.

ReputationRep:
    I do some trail street, dirt/downhill and I have a Giant Brass 1 09 . Anyone got tips on how to do proper front wheel hops lol?

ReputationRep:
    heyy
    im completely new to the uni and the forum! it's good to see there's other bikers! has anyone taken their bikes to uni? and where do people ride?
    i have a transition bottlerocket, and i ride dirt jumps/DH/FR stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawrenceB)
    heyy
    im completely new to the uni and the forum! it's good to see there's other bikers! has anyone taken their bikes to uni? and where do people ride?
    i have a transition bottlerocket, and i ride dirt jumps/DH/FR stuff

You knob.

I will kill you for your bottlerocket!

I now ride a Giant STP SS with titec bars, dmr stem and a DV DMR rear wheel. Maily do dirt jumps now.

I want a BMX for uni.

ReputationRep:
    OMG my mates and I have just got permission to build dirt jumps in our park by the council!!!! They have diggers there and everything! Going to be sweet as!

ReputationRep:
    Why pedal a bike slooow...when you can drive a car fast?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Girl racer)

Why get stuck in traffic..... when you can cycle past everyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Girl racer)

Why stay safely on the ground when you can be 6 foot in the air tweaking out an X-up and getting a good buzz out of it whilst getting fit?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i'm into XC mostly, but thats because my bike is an XC bike, but i used to do alot of DJ and my XC style seems more appropriate for DH lol.

any applicable time i'm airbourne on trails, so i'm currently looking to move into DH after buying a new bike.

the only photo i have of my Giant NRS 4 is after i stacked it on some snow lol..

ReputationRep:
    Im into Dirt Jumping & Trials riding.

Mainly do trials (street), and the occasional dirt jumping. Also tried my hand at BMX'ing for about 2-3 years, but cost too much to maintain the bike! (buckled wheels & broken stems ever so often..), was just silly!

My bike is a Saracen M.A.D trials 2004 14" frame - one of only 500 made, special editionblah blah blah.. All original parts striped off & replaced with proper stuff!

Not ideal for Dirt jumping (obviously), but i am in the process of getting either a DDG Shooter, or DMR Drone with Marzocchi bombers or 888's.

Live right near Goodwood & Kingley Vale, so have plenty of places to ride along the Southdowns!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i'm currently looking at moving onto a Kona Coiler or Stinky, as the NRS in the photo is pretty old and i think i have explored its limits now.. the shock thats on it has actually been upgraded to an air shock since that was taken in february in cannock chase..

just had to upgrade my old Tioga DH tyres too, as they were a bit on the old bald side, got a Maxxis Minion DH 2.5 on the front and another Tioga DH on the rear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MetalheadA7X)
    Hey any other bikers on TSR?

If so what type of riding do you enjoy?
    Dirt Jump, Freeride, Downhill, XC, all mountain or whatever.

Lets have a good chat about bikes, as they are really cool
    DH, XC, all mountain and (quietly) road

I had 2 Sirrus's stolen a while back. Now I'm on a Trek 7300FX which is a bit tricked out.

What are you all riding?

ReputationRep:
    Current setup:

Spoiler:
    Show

Bloody Michelin on the front, reason for that is the old tyre & rim got proper mullered :o:

Needs new stem & bars, the ones at the moment suck.

Solid as a rock! Would prefer a Koxx, but they are serious money!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i woul dtake a p-hoto of mine, but its currently stripped down to its constituent parts trying to diagnose a click.

rear cassette needs replacing as it rattles and is an embarasment to ride with.

also looking to upgrade to some titanium nitrate Disc rotors..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 12, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.