Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by motoroller)
    DH, XC, all mountain and (quietly) road

I had 2 Sirrus's stolen a while back. Now I'm on a Trek 7300FX which is a bit tricked out.

What are you all riding?

Currently not riding due to uni

But when I am home I have a lovely Giant STP SS dirt jumper.
    Rides like a dream.

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3972413/

check it
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    just bought a nice set of 900 lumen lights for some night riding..

for only £50 too..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViolatedTreason)
    just bought a nice set of 900 lumen lights for some night riding..

for only £50 too..
    How?! Are they road-legal? I WANT SOME!! :P
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.25149

road legal, drop to 500 lumens for a less dazzling ride.

if you get some, dont expect them to arrive in a hurry, i was waiting 3 weeks for mine lol

very well constructed too.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    good god, i jsut spent ages Bleeding my Strokers, got covered in DOT4 fluid and had to modify an existing kit to do so.. but at least they work now.. albeit a little too well..

ReputationRep:
    I'm riding XC every weekend - Mostly in the Brecon Beacons and some MBR listed South West routes.

Like the OP, I cannot wait to get a decent job and buy some ridiculous kit!

I am also interested in long distance touring if anyone ever fancies a big trip across Europe

ReputationRep:
    http://www.moredirt.co.uk/ is a good resource if you don't use it already.

I ride an identity mr hyde but arrrghhh the geometry is wrong for me, just need to get a slightly bigger frame.

ReputationRep:
    I like those Identiti Mr hydes. Nice ride with the right suspension. Seen a few snap though after some fairly tough riding - at the back, near the seat post.

I officially hate Disc brakes! All mine does is rub constantly, disc get's really hot after a while. Anyone know what i can try to stop this? The discs & pads are new (i know they need bedding in, but rubbing that much isn't right?), and im getting pretty peeved at them. Bled them and everything. I must have lost about 2 stone riding with the front wheel not going round properly! :teeth:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    I like those Identiti Mr hydes. Nice ride with the right suspension. Seen a few snap though after some fairly tough riding - at the back, near the seat post.

I officially hate Disc brakes! All mine does is rub constantly, disc get's really hot after a while. Anyone know what i can try to stop this? The discs & pads are new (i know they need bedding in, but rubbing that much isn't right?), and im getting pretty peeved at them. Bled them and everything. I must have lost about 2 stone riding with the front wheel not going round properly! :teeth:
    hydraulic or cable actuated?

what brand, and have you aligned the caliper properly? be it with the post/IS adapter or spacers?

ReputationRep:
    hydraulic or cable actuated?

what brand, and have you aligned the caliper properly? be it with the post/IS adapter or spacers?
    Magura Louise Hydraulic.

Yeap, aligned everything right, was all fine up until today. Found out earlier that it had ceased up!

Was pretty lethal, as it literally just locked on when i was going along!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Magura Louise Hydraulic.

Yeap, aligned everything right, was all fine up until today. Found out earlier that it had ceased up!

Was pretty lethal, as it literally just locked on when i was going along!
    when you next take the pads out.. forced the pistons out a bit by squeezing the lever, and apply some fluid to the edges of the piston../ when they retract, it should be easier, and to prevent the rub... push the pistons back in with a box spanner next time you bleed them

ReputationRep:
    I'll try doing that, but to be honest i think im going to bin them & go back to HS33's.

Nothing bust hassle those discs, especially on long rides
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i decided to take on soem downhilers today, who had come all the way from sheffield on their super expensive bikes to show us cannock lot how to ride..

so i decided to show them how its done, on my XC bike.. i cleared a 25ft table, jumped off all of the large 6ft+ drops and generally made them look stupid..

it was my first time on the trails, and they come here once a month lol

although.. i was the only one to crash after a massive cross wind blew my over when i was 6ft in the air over a table..

ReputationRep:

I officially hate Disc brakes!
    Oops, I meant just a mr hyde frame, the forks are Toras. It's a custom built bike, one that is sold as a tough hardtail but I wouldn't be surprised if it snapped on me. Going to try some dirt jumping tomorrow so we shall see.

And how can you hate disc brakes? The alternative being rim brakes that get so hot after a few mins of hard riding they're non-existant! :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by black_mamba)
    Oops, I meant just a mr hyde frame, the forks are Toras. It's a custom built bike, one that is sold as a tough hardtail but I wouldn't be surprised if it snapped on me. Going to try some dirt jumping tomorrow so we shall see.

And how can you hate disc brakes? The alternative being rim brakes that get so hot after a few mins of hard riding they're non-existant! :eek3:
    After my experience last week with the disc brake on my bike, i just hate them! Seem quite heavy for what i do & have been so much hassle since i got them.

I prefer HS33's i think.

Those Mr Hyde frames take some major abuse mind.. Maybe it was just my mate landing on the back wheel like a tit on jumps, i don't know, they seem pretty solid, just not his.. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    i decided to take on soem downhilers today, who had come all the way from sheffield on their super expensive bikes to show us cannock lot how to ride..

so i decided to show them how its done, on my XC bike.. i cleared a 25ft table, jumped off all of the large 6ft+ drops and generally made them look stupid..

it was my first time on the trails, and they come here once a month lol

although.. i was the only one to crash after a massive cross wind blew my over when i was 6ft in the air over a table..
    What was the biggest drop you've done then? Mine is around 10ft great feeling when you land it!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by PBTimmeh)
    What was the biggest drop you've done then? Mine is around 10ft great feeling when you land it!
    bear in mind, im on an xc bike, and am an xc'er with an eccentric side, 7ft is probably the largest height drop.

the DH'ers that i was with were all wimps lol.. i was taking everything faster than them..

looking to get an FR bike next year, so i'll show them how its really done lol..

ReputationRep:
    bear in mind, im on an xc bike, and am an xc'er with an eccentric side, 7ft is probably the largest height drop.

the DH'ers that i was with were all wimps lol.. i was taking everything faster than them..

looking to get an FR bike next year, so i'll show them how its really done lol..
    All the gear, no idea types then? Get into freeride and downhill it is great fun. F'ing scary at times though!

ReputationRep:
    I hit a tree once when downhilling (small tree may i add), I thoroughly recommend it. Adrenaline rush is just immense

Anyone know if the Specialized P1 is any good? I need to change my bike (as it's trials only really), and need something like that or the Identiti Dr Jekyl - Watching one of those atm, but it's pink... :o:

Can't afford a full sus at the moment, so one of these will have to do.

ReputationRep:
    I hit a tree once when downhilling (small tree may i add), I thoroughly recommend it. Adrenaline rush is just immense

Anyone know if the Specialized P1 is any good? I need to change my bike (as it's trials only really), and need something like that or the Identiti Dr Jekyl - Watching one of those atm, but it's pink... :o:

Can't afford a full sus at the moment, so one of these will have to do.
    Lol a mate of mine did that and broke his collar bone :p:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 12, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.