Turn on thread page Beta

Mountain Biking Chat watch

• CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by PBTimmeh)
    All the gear, no idea types then? Get into freeride and downhill it is great fun. F'ing scary at times though!
    i know.. like the crosswind incident.. i nearly **** myself in the air.. i landed on the bike, bruising my stomach and other stuf.. but never fell over as such.. just managed to run out of the crash lol...

ReputationRep:
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/foru...=1#post-822772

Selling a bike there if anyone is interested.

Planet X Hammerhead hardtail frame
    Shimano Deore Lx Groupset with Disc Brakes
    Marzocchi Bomber All Mountain 1 suspension fork with ETA, lockout
    Bontrager components (Handlebars, seat post, grips)
    Planet X stem
    Hope headset and seat post clamp
    DMR Pedals (I have some old Shimano clipless pedals around too i think too)
    CR élite seat
    Mavic X 321 Disc wheels with kenda tyres
    Frame size i am unsure on but suits someone who is 5 foot 8 - 6 foot 2.
    32Lbs
    I used to love mtbing but gradually gone off it. Afan Argoed was on my doorstep so won't there regularly, great place! I need the money now though so selling the bike Anyone who is interested pm me or email me or whatever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benmh92)
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/foru...=1#post-822772

Selling a bike there if anyone is interested.

I used to love mtbing but gradually gone off it. Afan Argoed was on my doorstep so won't there regularly, great place! I need the money now though so selling the bike Anyone who is interested pm me or email me or whatever
    Not... Kenda Neva-grips... xD

To be honest though I've never actually tried them, they any good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    I like those Identiti Mr hydes. Nice ride with the right suspension. Seen a few snap though after some fairly tough riding - at the back, near the seat post.

I officially hate Disc brakes! All mine does is rub constantly, disc get's really hot after a while. Anyone know what i can try to stop this? The discs & pads are new (i know they need bedding in, but rubbing that much isn't right?), and im getting pretty peeved at them. Bled them and everything. I must have lost about 2 stone riding with the front wheel not going round properly! :teeth:
    Is your front wheel true? I've found that with flexy wheelsets especially the trueness of the wheel affects disc rub.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i hve just spent the last 2 days trying to fin the serial numbers for the bearings that my entire rear suspension uses.. i found the numbers, then when disecting the sus earlier, realised that all of the bearings have the model numbers on them..

it is £62 for an entire bearing rebuild kit from BETD, but its only about £20 to source all of the bearings seperately..
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    looking to buy a carrera banshee xxx next year.. then building it up to my own specs..

gonna sell the marzocchi 55's and get some drop off's and also dispose of the rear shock in favour for a marzocchi roco tstr..#

oor..

just sell the whole thing and get a Kona Stinky instead.. get a grant of £1000 off the NHS y'see..

ReputationRep:
    Well I do what I can on an '09 Specialized Pitch Comp, initial upgrades rear mech, shifters (XTR =D) grips etc...

My friend opened up his arm at Aston Hill on the weekend, twas pretty 'gnarly' (for want of a less overused term). Then landed himself in hospital due to infection xD.

Pics of bike and arm to follow...
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by The Crowing)
    Well I do what I can on an '09 Specialized Pitch Comp, initial upgrades rear mech, shifters (XTR =D) grips etc...

My friend opened up his arm at Aston Hill on the weekend, twas pretty 'gnarly' (for want of a less overused term). Then landed himself in hospital due to infection xD.

Pics of bike and arm to follow...
    love a bit of gore..

check this out for a ****** bike..

that was my old steed.. it snapped whilst i was riding along the road, and put me in hospital having stitches in my chin, and iodine spray everywhere. still bearing the scars from that, and my chin is permanently scarred in a snake like way across it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViolatedTreason)
    love a bit of gore..

check this out for a ****** bike..

that was my old steed.. it snapped whilst i was riding along the road, and put me in hospital having stitches in my chin, and iodine spray everywhere. still bearing the scars from that, and my chin is permanently scarred in a snake like way across it.
    Woah... did you hop off a 25 foot curb or something?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Woah... did you hop off a 25 foot curb or something?
    no, i went up a sloped curb, no air or anything.. just literally out of the road and onto the path, via a dropped curb stone.. it snapped and i remember hitting the floor thinking "****.. that didn't hurt at all.."

looked in the mirror when i got home and realised why.. the nerve endings had all been severed lol.. so there was nothing to feel pain.

was going about 20mph when it happened. and because of where it snapped, you can imagine the way i went down.. straight on my face.. hands still on handlebars, hence the deep cuts on knuckles, and i must rolled out of it a bit as i had massive cuts on my shoulder too..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViolatedTreason)
    and i must rolled out of it a bit as i had massive cuts on my shoulder too..
    I am pretty sure that shoulder injuries are the most common in bike crashes. When I came off my bike once at Bracknell (very fast, over the handlebars) my worst injury was a nice long gash down my back. I'm guessing the human body instinctively curls up to protect the head. Just a guess, physics is my game, not applied organic chemistry... I mean biology. (Damn nerdy jokes...)

ReputationRep:
    Ooohh my friend just texted me saying we've got a lift to Bracknell on Saturday.

WOOT! Weekend riding! YEAH!

ReputationRep:
    Is your front wheel true? I've found that with flexy wheelsets especially the trueness of the wheel affects disc rub.
    Yeah, had it true'd up a few weeks ago. Found out it was completely ceased up. I'd imagine that was the main reason it was rubbing? Weird how it was perfectly fine the day before, as i went on a fairly tough & long ride. :confused:

Loving the frame snap up there! :lol:

Witnessed the unimaginable the other day, was out riding with a friend & some mutual friends - One was riding a Rocky Mountain (not sure of the model), and he rode off of a kurb & it snapped. :eek:

I thought they were meant to be the mutts nuts when it came to toughness.

In his defence though he totally abused it on the ramps & trails! But was still a shock snapping down a 3 inch kurb! :ninja:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Yeah, had it true'd up a few weeks ago. Found out it was completely ceased up. I'd imagine that was the main reason it was rubbing? Weird how it was perfectly fine the day before, as i went on a fairly tough & long ride. :confused:

Loving the frame snap up there! :lol:

Witnessed the unimaginable the other day, was out riding with a friend & some mutual friends - One was riding a Rocky Mountain (not sure of the model), and he rode off of a kurb & it snapped. :eek:

I thought they were meant to be the mutts nuts when it came to toughness.

In his defence though he totally abused it on the ramps & trails! But was still a shock snapping down a 3 inch kurb! :ninja:
    imagine the shock of the guy riding it lol..
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    got knocked off my NRS by some drunkard last week and suffice to say, have ****** my bike. the seat stay on the left side resembles a banana, but all is good now..

i have a '05 Kona Coiler with uprated BETD plates on its merry way to me, with a set of marzocchi drop-offs to follow that..

i'll post pics as and when it is built
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper

half way there.. just requires the new forks..

ReputationRep:
    Hello, been into xc for the past few years and currently riding a specialized pitch pro. After a 7stanes tour over summer i felt the need for a DH bike and have just aquired a Santa Crux bullit.... I am in love. haha.

ReputationRep:
    FAIL on uploading pictures... new to this forum... assistance please
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    upload them to tinypic.com, and use the url with the [img] tags that is listed.. post that here and your photos should appear.

ReputationRep:
    Upload them to imageshack, then take the link off there, and paste it inbetween this code:

[img ] [/ img]

^^ Without the spaces. :yy:

EDIT: Or what ViolatedTreason said.. :yep:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.