Turn on thread page Beta

Are you looking forward to the leftys' reaction when David Cameron become PM? watch

ReputationRep:
    And his face is plastered all over the news as he greets the Queen and walks into 10 Downing Street?

I cannot wait for those grim faces, portraying a sense of disappointment and anguish! I'm sure TSR will be brimming with lefties spouting their dire predictions for the future and criticising Cameron before he even walks in the door.

What a happy day that will be for TSR.

ReputationRep:
    I'm Center-Right and tbh I don't care, as long as we all get on with life peacefully
    EDIT:Well a few funny posts from the good old Left Side might be funny though hehe

ReputationRep:
    gosh i hope not, his face *vomit*

do you think he'll hug the queen.... hug a hoodie, honestly, what was he thinking!

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, they already know it, it's not going to be a surprise (like their faces at the 1992 election) so I don't think their reaction will be anything special. In fact, I think even they may be glad that this terrible government has been put out of its misery.

ReputationRep:
    He seems like a nice enough guy but I don't want the Tories to be in power anyway!
    Bye bye EMA

ReputationRep:
    I agree with poossum, it wont be a surprise. It'll be annoying because my boyfriend harbours far left views and he's already started talking my ear off about how terrible it will be for the UK.
    I disagree, Labour need a break to regroup or the party will surely fall apart, just like the Conservatives after Thatcher and Major; if anything, a term out of government will do the party the world of good.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Y'know this is exactly why I avoid the political fora... people on the left get called namby-pamby hypocritical idealistic lefties, and people on the right get called self-righteous greedy moronic racists, and plenty of people get called both. It's not "debate and discussion" at all, it's like being back in a primary school playground with people jumping around saying "nerner, I'm right and you're wrong, you silly poo-poo-face"... it's truly pathetic. And what's worse is that it's not isolated to TSR, it even exists to an extent in the House of Commons (and beyond). Semi-rant over.

With regard to this thread, there's not much of a difference between the policies of Labour and the Conservatives, so any reaction you see will be with regard to specific party-political allegiances rather than position on the political spectrum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shalarmay)
    And his face is plastered all over the news as he greets the Queen and walks into 10 Downing Street?

I cannot wait for those grim faces, portraying a sense of disappointment and anguish! I'm sure TSR will be brimming with lefties spouting their dire predictions for the future and criticising Cameron before he even walks in the door.

What a happy day that will be for TSR.
    I'm no lefty, but I can't stand Cameron. He's a glib prick.

ReputationRep:
    Meh it's not the government we have in charge is very left wing as it is. Of course being a Conservative it'll be nice to have my party in power again, but it's not like we're getting rid of a left wing party, just a spend spend spend party.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onthejubileeline)
    I agree with poossum, it wont be a surprise. It'll be annoying because my boyfriend harbours far left views
    How could you date someone like that?

ReputationRep:
    They'll go mental. They always do - or at least a very loud-mouthed section of them do; I of course accept that the left have perfectly reasonable people amongst them. They do, however, have a band of extremist attack dogs which the Tories simply lack.

No doubt they'll find some flimsy excuse to brand Cameron a racist or something equally contemptible as they did with Boris, then appeal to the old guard promising old labour values which the government has ignored for 12 years, then make out that the sky will fall in under a Tory government and when they still lose they'll adopt a 'just you wait and see - just remember, we told you so!' approach, before doing just that whenever the most minor incidental or scandal occurs.

It's all so boring and formulaic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shalarmay)
    How could you date someone like that?
    Lol, he has plenty of redeeming features. Besides, I think his views will become more moderate with time; he's just a little idealistic as it is (nothing wrong with that).

You're going to be greatly disappointed - pretty much everyone is expecting a Tory landslide in the next general election. Even the left.

I still maintain that David Cameron is a prize ****, however.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Personally, I can't wait. It'll be hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuodai)
    Y'know this is exactly why I avoid the political fora... people on the left get called namby-pamby hypocritical idealistic lefties, and people on the right get called self-righteous greedy moronic racists, and plenty of people get called both. It's not "debate and discussion" at all, it's like being back in a primary school playground with people jumping around saying "nerner, I'm right and you're wrong, you silly poo-poo-face"... it's truly pathetic. And what's worse is that it's not isolated to TSR, it even exists to an extent in the House of Commons (and beyond). Semi-rant over.

With regard to this thread, there's not much of a difference between the policies of Labour and the Conservatives, so any reaction you see will be with regard to specific party-political allegiances rather than position on the political spectrum.
    I hate to say it, but it's because right wingers like the OP refuse to have an intelligent discussion and thus we have to reduce down to their level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuodai)

Completely agree. I mostly can't be bothered discussing politics because the second i divulge anything resembling an opinion i get branded either left or right, and the generalisations are soon to follow...

Personally, I'm not looking forward to a Tory Government, but Labour haven't exactly been brilliant recently either. Misery all round :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinsula)
    He seems like a nice enough guy but I don't want the Tories to be in power anyway!
    Bye bye EMA
    There's nothing "nice enough" about David Cameron. He's just an incredibly smooth operator with the media.
    The fact that, in the end of the expenses scandal, Brown got out worse than Cameron just shows how ridiculous media coverage has become and how better Cameron manipulates it. The Tories represent everything that is wrong about politicians and expenses. Brown may be boring but he's a guy with values, something that Cameron has a total lack of: if supporting wife beaters would give him an increase in the poll, he'd be the first one on the bandwagon. The Tories reinventing themselves as the party that cares about the environment? You've got to be kidding me...

Osbourne and Cameron are up to their necks in abuse of the expenses system but the Tories have managed to keep it all hush-hush, using the same strategy as someone who wrecks a car and then shouts out "Noone's leaving until we find the despicable person who did this".

Yes, wait until Cameron becomes PM, that people stupid enough to not see further than his posh, fake, smarmy smile finally realise what the Tories are all about: they'll ruin Britain's image on the international scene, probably cause the Union to split up because he won't be seen as representing anyone other than the English middle-class and their Little Islander mentality, wreck the social system, probably cause another financial disaster (blame Labour for the international financial crisis all you like, but the Tories have always supported liberalisation of markets and deregulation far more than Labour have ever done. Tories in power would have equalled a financial crisis at a scale that few people realise).

Let's look forward to Cameron in power so the British electoriate might finally realise that a nice polished image and media spin might not be the recipe for a good government and that actually paying attention to real issues and choosing politicians for their ideas and intellect might be the way forward.

Yes because the Labour government has truly been the shining light of the left and to lose it would break my heart.

:emo:

ReputationRep:
    Why? We all know it's coming. Apart from Polly Toynbee we've known it was coming since, well, Gordon Brown became PM. I haven't lived under a Tory government for, ooooh, ages, so to be honest a part of me will be quite interested. Dawning of a new era and all that.

Mainly, though, my reaction when David Cameron comes in will be, "oh boy, here we go..."

"Vote Change, Vote Conservative"

:laugh:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.