Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

do your mates know you use tsr? Watch

ReputationRep:
    mine would rip me to shreds if they knew! thats if they even knew what it was...do you use tsr 'secretly' too

ReputationRep:
    No chance :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    why did u name urself 786?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, not really, but I know two of my uni friends who use it, or have used it.

ReputationRep:
    no way!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I've never told anyone, but only because its never come up in conversation. Why would being on TSR be something to ridicule? Students go on student forums. That's like laughing at a band for being on myspace.

ReputationRep:
    I tell people I use it, but don't tell them my username, I got bullied at school for my opinions and problems so I'm afraid of being known now.

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sver)
    why did u name urself 786?
    oh its like this islamic thing that isn't actually islamic but everyone thought it was at one point...its confuisng...plus all the other names i tries were already used...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rob19)
    I've never told anyone, but only because its never come up in conversation. Why would being on TSR be something to ridicule? Students go on student forums. That's like laughing at a band for being on myspace.
    Was going to say this.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh the med wanabes not sure about my close mates and the rest though Lol.
    Not that it's something to be ashamed of... using tsr :cool:

ReputationRep:
    No, but only because it's never come up in conversation.

ReputationRep:
    I tell them i'm on a forum, and I tell them some funny threads that come up. But I dont tell them the actual website, it would mortify me if they knew about half the things I post.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they do. I talk about random funny threads to them and they laugh at it and me lol. When I first started to go on, 2 of them found my name and were looking at my posts, which was abit embarrassing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Winstonite)
    Yeah they do. I talk about random funny threads to them and they laugh at it and me lol. When I first started to go on, 2 of them found my name and were looking at my posts, which was abit embarrassing.
    HAHAHA

ReputationRep:
    A few of my uni mates do, home mates don't.

ReputationRep:
    Most definitely lol, only my girlfriend knows :P

Then again, not for any particular reason lol

ReputationRep:
    Some do, some don't :awesome:

Generally the understanding ones who won't judge me know. Those who would just take the **** out of me don't know and I don't want them to know.

ReputationRep:
    my friends are people on TSR

I live a very lonely life

ReputationRep:
    I really hope not.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.