Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anon or delete as I think she uses this site

Well basically I know what you all are going to say that time heals all wounds and im better off without her but right now i just feel like crap, like someone has kicked me in the balls and the sametime ripped out my heart and cut it to tiny pieces infront of me.

Basically we had been going out for 7 months but seen each other for almost 9 months. Because of my current situation Ill be overseas for the next couple of years and not be able to see her. Ive suggested that she come and visit me and if i could get the time off id come back to the UK and visit her. Ive put so much time and effort into this relationship hoping that we would have a solid foundation once this LDR began.

But this morning she rang me and told me that she has been questioning her feelings about me and after a long talk broke up with me. Saying things like im too nice but different from her and all her other ex bfs. And there is no way she is commited enough to even attempt this LDR.

So here I am, torn to shreds and been feeling terrible all bloody day! Im at my wits end and just dont know what to do:woo:

I dont know what to expect from responses but, yeah w/e

ReputationRep:
    Im guessing this is more of a get everything off your chest post?

Well you have said it time will make things better, try and get together with your mates, get them around you to support you abit and try and keep your spirits up abit as you dont want to slip really far into feelings sorry for yourself, i know it all seems a little girly to suggest that you spend some time with your mates after a break up, but trust me it is an invaluable thing to have even for a guy.

Its not nice a relationship ending, it happens to most of us, and its never something we will get used to but it will get easier as time goes on with this one this time.

ReputationRep:
    As a person who has recently been dumped, let me tell you: it gets better. For now, try to remember her flaws and spend some good time having a laugh with your mates.
    Also, some alone time with your right hand

ReputationRep:
    Its painful but in some ways she did the right thing. LDR's are very painful especially if she knows she cant commit to you it's better than being cheated on by her or something. At least she loves you enough to tell you and let the both of you go your separate ways. Its just sometimes the way things work out...Hope you feel better soon, try and occupy yourself :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    you dont need a relationship! just have a holiday and take a break

ReputationRep:
    It's a shame you couldn't come to an agreement. Whether it would have been, 'let's break up (and maybe stay in contact?)' or 'we'll try to make it work as a LDR'. I guess it's harder due to the fact that weren't in agreement and obviously that meant that one of you got hurt. I don't think there's anything anyone can say or do to make you feel better, you seem to have accepted reality in the fact that you have to give yourself time and that's a good thing. Don't pressuse yourself to get over this, do it in your own time, and do whatever you feel is right Hope you're feeling better soon.

ReputationRep:
    Thats a shame, but to be honest, just think a minute.... do you really think this ldr would have worked if you was to be overseas for A COUPLE OF YEARS. For it being hard is an understatement.

I can sort of relate because i'f been with my bf over a year and bit and i live in London and he's based in Bristol. Thats only a 3 hour train trip, plus were at different universities and both work. Its hard to be honest but if you really wanted it to work have an adult confersation about future prospects so that when you come out of it, youll kno that you did what you could and it really wasnt to work on her part. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    I have been through the same pain many times, usually through picking the wrong guys, etc.

Time is the best medicine. I know you're hurting so bad right now, and there's nothing you can do to make it feel better, I'm not going to suggest anything as is there is nothing.

Although, use this idea my uncle gave me. Write her a letter. But do NOT send it, keep it. Look at it again in six months time, you'll be amazed at how much you've moved on.
    Love, Jess xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon or delete as I think she uses this site

Well basically I know what you all are going to say that time heals all wounds and im better off without her but right now i just feel like crap, like someone has kicked me in the balls and the sametime ripped out my heart and cut it to tiny pieces infront of me.

Basically we had been going out for 7 months but seen each other for almost 9 months. Because of my current situation Ill be overseas for the next couple of years and not be able to see her. Ive suggested that she come and visit me and if i could get the time off id come back to the UK and visit her. Ive put so much time and effort into this relationship hoping that we would have a solid foundation once this LDR began.

But this morning she rang me and told me that she has been questioning her feelings about me and after a long talk broke up with me. Saying things like im too nice but different from her and all her other ex bfs. And there is no way she is commited enough to even attempt this LDR.

So here I am, torn to shreds and been feeling terrible all bloody day! Im at my wits end and just dont know what to do:woo:

I dont know what to expect from responses but, yeah w/e

Hey bro i know how your feeling my gf of two years broke up with me a couple of weeks ago and i still feel really down cos i still love her. Nothing much you can do about it tbh, just take everyday as it comes. There will be times when you feel lonely and upset but hopefully you'll come through it.

ReputationRep:
    Try to look forward to your time abroad. Now your single, so maybe you'll be able to meet someone really interesting you couldn't have pursued before!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.