Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ok so I have spent the past hour trying to get pieces of dental floss out my teeth and it still hasn't budged!! I have used tweezers, nylon thread, dental appliance and its not moving.

Just wondering - has anyone got any good ideas or shall I just wait for it to move itself? (only issue is its putting two of my teeth under pressure and its annoying me).

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried using more dental floss to dislodge it? Sorry if that seems like such an obvious question lol.

ReputationRep:
    Mouthwash?

Lol, never had that problem sorry. How did you get it stuck? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    a toothbrush perhaps???

ReputationRep:
    Something oily should help. Can't think of many conventional ways to get something oily and palatable in your mouth, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Have you tried using more dental floss to dislodge it? Sorry if that seems like such an obvious question lol.
    Second this suggestion.

(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Yea I was trying to avoid it incase I got more stuck, but as daft as it sounds its dislodged the piece that was putting my teeth on edge. Still a lil bit left, but I can now sleep in comfort now.

(Original post by Zastrugi)
    Mouthwash?
    Don't have any, but I used warm water and it didn't work.

(Original post by Singh_2)
    Lol, never had that problem sorry. How did you get it stuck? :eek:
    Flossing my teeth. I do it every night and for some reason tonight it just got stuck! Because my teeth are so close together and has shifted I think its why the floss got stuck! I think im going to invest in the silk version that is suitable for teeth that are close together. Just spent 1hr and 20mins trying to get rid of it and finally its dislodged, just about!

(Original post by PsYCho ThInKeR)
    a toothbrush perhaps???
    LoL Tried that! Didn't work though.

(Original post by Irrelevance)
    Something oily should help. Can't think of many conventional ways to get something oily and palatable in your mouth, though.
    That will be my last resort should I struggle tomorrow to get out the last loose floss pieces. Fingers crossed I don't heave!

ReputationRep:
    Tooth pick?

ReputationRep:
    A small piece of butter would probably do it. It can be small enough you wouldn't even know you had it in your mouth.

ReputationRep:
    Tooth pick or some more dental floss.
    That's what they're for!

(Original post by Thorn89)
    A small piece of butter would probably do it. It can be small enough you wouldn't even know you had it in your mouth.
    Butter? . .hmmm interesting suggestion. Will jot that down should I have another experience (I hope not).

(Original post by azhao)
    Tooth pick?
    Its too big to fit into the gap in my teeth. My teeth are v v close together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    Butter? . .hmmm interesting suggestion. Will jot that down should I have another experience (I hope not).

Its too big to fit into the gap in my teeth. My teeth are v v close together.
    So the floss doesn't stick out from between your teeth at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thorn89)
    Eugh, even the thought of putting just butter into my mouth would make me feel quite sick
    • Section Leader
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Closed on request of the OP

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.