Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i feel like ive really let my family down Watch

one night in a nightclub i went up to a girl on the dancefloor and started dancing with her. she was really grinding on me and drunk as i was i started touching her chest and eventually under her skirt if you know what i mean. she let me do it for a while and then moved my hand away and she kept dancing until i left to get my friends a minute or so later. since then i cant get it out of my head because i didnt know the girl and dont know if i upset her and also i dont want people to think i am a sex beast because that was totally out of character. some of my friends seen me and just say i creeped up behind her and started touching her but i am pretty certain i didnt because i am sure the girl was rubbing herself on me. do you think this was really bad and would you say it was sexual assault.i really hate myself for going that far i dont know what came over me and now i just feel like a creep and i ffel like ive really let my family down and just want it not to have happened and killing myself would do that for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    one night in a nightclub i went up to a girl on the dancefloor and started dancing with her. she was really grinding on me and drunk as i was i started touching her chest and eventually under her skirt if you know what i mean. she let me do it for a while and then moved my hand away and she kept dancing until i left to get my friends a minute or so later. since then i cant get it out of my head because i didnt know the girl and dont know if i upset her and also i dont want people to think i am a sex beast because that was totally out of character. some of my friends seen me and just say i creeped up behind her and started touching her but i am pretty certain i didnt because i am sure the girl was rubbing herself on me. do you think this was really bad and would you say it was sexual assault.i really hate myself for going that far i dont know what came over me and now i just feel like a creep and i ffel like ive really let my family down and just want it not to have happened and killing myself would do that for me
    I'll start with the bolded bit first. If you believe that you've let your family down and you actually care for them like you obviously do so, then surely you can imagine how much pain and suffering your family would do through if you ended your life. Don't do it.

If you're honestly suicidal about this then I urge you to do something - speak to the Samaritans. 08457 90 90 90

Suicide would not solve anything... and is extremely over the top for something which, with respect, is quite minor.

It sounds to me like you got drunk in a night club and got a bit touchy feely with a girl who danced back at you. If she really didn't like it that much then she'd have told you and stopped dancing with you but she didn't she carried on dancing with you. That's not to say what you did was right, just that in this situation it doesn't seem like that much actually happened.

Ignore your mates' jives, watch how much you're drinking the next time you go out and respect peoples' personal space a bit more and then you're on to a winner. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    If she was unhappy with it she wouldn't have carried on dancing. Your the one who left. And she would have probably got her friends to come and shout at you or something.

ReputationRep:
    Man the **** up.

She didn't slap you, so she obviously didn't mind that much.

ReputationRep:
    Just forget what you did and be careful in the future. Dont let this happen again, we all mistakes but its not up to us to punish ourselves what we do, learn from your mistakes thats all i can say. And try not to get yourself so drunk next time.

ReputationRep:
    It was hardly a big deal! If she hated it that much she wouldn't have kept dancing with you.
    Maybe she was on her period?

ReputationRep:
    well if you'd have done that to me and i didn't like it, i would have actually hit you. she didn't overreact or anything.

your friends migt be having a laugh with you?

ReputationRep:
    i think you're worrying faaar too much. sh*t happens.

ReputationRep:
    You are one of the lucky ones, my mate got nutted the last time he tried. straight on the floor aswell.

thanks for answering but im still cant get over what i done i feel like this guy

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/news/sco...8057-20633126/

should i have been convicted of sexual assault like him?

anybody???

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.