Turn on thread page Beta

Am I mentally retarded? watch

Am I mentally retarded?

I reckon I am since:

- i am slow to learn important things. i'm 21 but i have the perception of a 7 year old.

- i don't have any thoughts in my head.

- i don't talk.

are these symptoms of mental retardation?

ReputationRep:
    Well you can use a computer, that's a plus.

what do you mean?

i don't trust doctors, since they only put forward their own opinions. so can anybody recommend a way not to be mentally retarded any more?

ReputationRep:
    If you didn't have any thoughts in your head, you wouldn't be able to 'reckon' you're mentally retarded

ReputationRep:
    Well you thought about this so clearly you do have thoughts in your head.

ReputationRep:
    You won't trust doctors to diagnose you but will trust strangers online? I think you might be.

(Original post by Kinsula)
    If you didn't have any thoughts in your head, you wouldn't be able to 'reckon' you're mentally retarded
    why?

(Original post by sron)
    You won't trust doctors to diagnose you but will trust strangers online? I think you might be.
    i'm helping myself. how is that so bad?

(Original post by wallflower*)
    Well you thought about this so clearly you do have thoughts in your head.
    why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i'm helping myself. how is that so bad?
    Because you ignore doctors because they only offer opinions; opinions which are based on years of study and personally diagnosing you. People on here can offer no more than baseless speculation derived from your brief first post.

I suspect this to be a troll thread.
    If not, yes, you are retarded (if what you say is true).

ReputationRep:
    If you think you're mentally retarded. Then you're not.

(Original post by sron)
    Because you ignore doctors because they only offer opinions; opinions which are based on years of study and personally diagnosing you. People on here can offer no more than baseless speculation derived from your brief first post.
    but ALL doctors only base their "diagnoses" on their own personal beliefs.

i'd have thought this is common knowledge. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    but ALL doctors only base their "diagnoses" on their own personal beliefs.

i'd have thought this is common knowledge. :rolleyes:
    Absolute crap. I cannot take your seriously if you ask medical advice from strangers on the internet on the grounds of doctors having an ulterior motive.

(Original post by Chiko 1001)
    Absolute crap. I cannot take your seriously if you ask medical advice from strangers on the internet on the grounds of doctors having an ulterior motive.
    this is common knowledge also.

let's face it people, doctors don't know squat.

but i guess it depends on the branch of medicine. those dealing in physical stuff, maybe (and only maybe). but psychiatry? most mental health professionals in the UK think that ANY action that doesn't conform to social norms is a sympton of mental illness. Like to them communists or Islamic extremists are mentally ill. :yes:

(Original post by Kinsula)
    "It is my opinion that you have cancer"
    Yes, absolutely... personal beliefs! Definitely not years of study :bl:
    i just to stop being mentally retarded. why can't i? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    i think reading this thread is making me retarded...filling my head with confusingness :woo:

ReputationRep:
    i just to stop being mentally retarded. why can't i? :confused:
    Because you're NOT MENTALLY RETARDED OMG

ReputationRep:
    this is common knowledge also.

let's face it people, doctors don't know squat.

but i guess it depends on the branch of medicine. those dealing in physical stuff, maybe (and only maybe). but psychiatry? most mental health professionals in the UK think that ANY action that doesn't conform to social norms is a sympton of mental illness. Like to them communists or Islamic extremists are mentally ill. :yes:
    Please turn your computer off. Now.

ReputationRep:
    Am I mentally retarded?

I reckon I am since:

- i am slow to learn important things. i'm 21 but i have the perception of a 7 year old.

- i don't have any thoughts in my head.

- i don't talk.

are these symptoms of mental retardation?

I'm a slow learner, i suffer from elements of Dyspraxia mostly balance and stuff e.g. i didnt learn to ride a bike until i was 12 and swim until i was 16, even now i'm a weak swimmer. But i overcame the shyness and lack of confidence. Not many of my long term friends or girlfriends ever knew i have dyspraxia. i hide it well and fight it even better.

Maybe you have the same syndrome.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.