Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Want to lose virginity before Uni - wait or not? Watch

(Original post by lnjames)
    Well you don't have many other options do you? What uni are you going to?

I dont know yet, applying for 2010 so I have no idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    2010?! you have ages! chill out!

ReputationRep:
    if it doesn't happen until uni, that's fine.
    Loads of people are still virgins at uni, and 17 is young. You'll make so many new friends there, so you'll be able to go out clubbing and drinking all the time, and get to know loads of guys, some of who will also be virgins.

Losing your virginity is not nearly as big of a deal as it's made out to be. Many people rarely (or never!) have penetrative sex; someone could be in a relationship and have oral and digital sex all the time, but still technically be a virgin. The other side of that is someone who's drunkenly shagged once, barely remembers it, has little other experience but is not labelled a virgin.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: Why would you worry about starting uni a virgin when you have over a year? I'm sure you'll get plenty of opportunity so chill out.

Anon or delete.
    I dont go clubbing/out drinking, dont have a boyfriend.

Am I just going to have to wait till Uni?
    I'm 17, going to Uni next year.
    Same position as you, but am a guy.

What uni are you hoping to go to? :p:

(Original post by x y z)
    :rofl: Why would you worry about starting uni a virgin when you have over a year? I'm sure you'll get plenty of opportunity so chill out.
    :facepalm: that's the point of the thread. I won't.

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm: that's the point of the thread. I won't.
    everything everyone has suggested on this thread you have shot down. seriously, just go out, have fun, meet new people and then you might meet a nice guy to lose it with. if you sit here moaning you won't meet anyone.

ReputationRep:
    honestly, some guy at uni would rather you were a virgin than you spilling out a whole story of how you posted up this desperate thread on the student room and sought advice on how to lose it.
    how much will you regret it if you find this amazing guy at uni who you want to sleep with, and he is also a virgin....but oh wait, you'd lost it already to a one night stand just for the stigma? then he doesnt want to be with you anymore!
    just let it happen naturally, no-one wants to sleep with someone whos that desperate anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Polly1101)
    honestly, some guy at uni would rather you were a virgin than you spilling out a whole story of how you posted up this desperate thread on the student room and sought advice on how to lose it.
    how much will you regret it if you find this amazing guy at uni who you want to sleep with, and he is also a virgin....but oh wait, you'd lost it already to a one night stand just for the stigma? then he doesnt want to be with you anymore!
    just let it happen naturally, no-one wants to sleep with someone whos that desperate anyway
    He'd probably feel grateful that a non-virgin would take his virginity to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    not if he was the kinda guy who would like his first time to be with someone special who hasnt ****ged around just because shes shallow and doesnt want to be seen as a virgin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel4fun4u)
    I look forward to people like you at University. People like me are the Vultures and you are the carcass.

Easy pickings.
    Fresher's is gonna be fun. That's for damn sure.

I dont really want to lose it to a guy thats a virgin or go out with a guy whos like that.

And thats no exacly not likely to happenn.

(Original post by Joel4fun4u)
    I look forward to people like you at University. People like me are the Vultures and you are the carcass.

Easy pickings.
    meh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 19music4)
    I'd recommend waiting until you've found someone that you love and are comfortable with. Rushing into having sex with someone you don't care about or barely know is a bad idea in my opinion,
    well, youre wrong.

its best to lose it to a complete stranger.

my number is 079...................

not if he was the kinda guy who would like his first time to be with someone special who hasnt ****ged around just because shes shallow and doesnt want to be seen as a virgin.
    Thats rare and honestly, I'm not bothered about been seen shallow.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else like me who doesn't place such a sentimental value on virginity? If you get the chance and you think it's the right time to do it then do it. It's like practice for when you find someone you really love.

ReputationRep:
    If you find someone who you actually know and you're going to have sex with more than once than I would say do it but don't have a ONS. Firstly it won't really 'teach' you anything and it has potential to put you off sex for quite a while.

Did I miss something about being a mutant if you've not done it by 17?!
    I'm 19 and going to uni as a virgin-because I want to be. What's the big deal?

Did I miss something about being a mutant if you've not done it by 17?!
    I'm 19 and going to uni as a virgin-because I want to be. What's the big deal?
    why anon then? I would just rather lose it before. I don't get why people don't get that.

why anon then? I would just rather lose it before. I don't get why people don't get that.
    Because I think of it as my business
    Think about it; people don't go around with signs saying 'I'M A VIRGIN!' or 'I'M A NON-VIRGIN!'. Seriously.
    What do you think is going to happen that's so bad if you don't anyway? It's not like you'll be banned from places because of it :rolleyes:.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 6, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.