Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Want to lose virginity before Uni - wait or not? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So it would be hard for me to find someone.
    So why are you worrying about it if it's unlikely your going to find anyone anyway..

ReputationRep:
    no one cares if you are a virgin or not.
    wait till uni anyway.
    those 3-4 years are magical.

ReputationRep:
    Anon or delete.
    I dont go clubbing/out drinking, dont have a boyfriend.

Am I just going to have to wait till Uni?
    I'm 17, going to Uni next year.

If your female, I shag anyone. so long as you are actually 17. And female.
    PM me.

Anon or delete.

Will having lost your virginity actually make your life better?

I'm in exactly the same situation, and probably going to uni a virgin, which I know I shouldn't be embarrassed about, but I can't help how I feel (hence the anonymous title) lol. However, unless you are planning on uni being a 3 year shagfest and losing your virginity is the key to that, then I would say yes, go and find a randomer to sleep with. I don't think you are planning that though, so I think that you should stay a virgin until you have found someone you are comfortable with

I personally don't think that you HAVE to be in love to sleep with someone for the first time, but things like trust and comfort play big parts. I'm sure there are a few virgins when uni begins (maybe not loads, but universities are big places), so why not see what happens relationship-wise, rather than "getting it over with" and possibly regretting it.

(Original post by Tootles)
    Will having lost your virginity actually make your life better?
    Yes.

(Original post by johnbrown)
    What do you actually want from this thread? You obviously want to have sex - just do it if you're that desperate. If you're not hideous it's easy to find someone
    I'm not hideous and it's not easy to find someone at all.

ReputationRep:
    OP I think you should just give up on it and get "Virgin 4 Life" tattooed on your arse.

Yes.
    Expain in what way it will.

ReputationRep:
    sleeping with some 'just to get it out of the way' seems a little naive to me.

Losing your virginity to a randomer will not make you feel better, nor will it improve your ability in the sack because that takes practice.

but if you really wanted to lose it that bad, you would go out clubbing by yourself, you're creating a problem and rejecting solutions

ReputationRep:
    Anon or delete.

Wait until you have found someone you care about and love.

(Original post by Rooster523)
    sleeping with some 'just to get it out of the way' seems a little naive to me.

Losing your virginity to a randomer will not make you feel better, nor will it improve your ability in the sack because that takes practice.

but if you really wanted to lose it that bad, you would go out clubbing by yourself, you're creating a problem and rejecting solutions

Thats only because I got rubbish solutions.

(Original post by Tootles)
    Expain in what way it will.

I actually dont know, I think it will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom_tom_tom)
    I would wait intill you are comfortable and not feeling like you will have to have sex.

There will be loads of people in the same position as you, and it will not be an issue at uni in anyway at all.

Wait till you are ready and comfortable with someone if that is what you want.
    This.

I actually dont know, I think it will.
    The ony difference wil be that you'll've had sex. It won't mean that life will actually be any better for you.

ReputationRep:
    best to wait until it happens naturally

ReputationRep:
    must watch

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...e_and_Allanah/

ReputationRep:
    I wonder what you were expecting to get from this topic, no one knows your life better than you do. If you are bothered with the fact that it might seem uncool to know that you went to the uni while being a virgin then you are just lame.

(Original post by a12)
    must watch

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...e_and_Allanah/
    Completely irrelevant, im not underage/going to get pregnant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lnjames)
    OP I think you should just give up on it and get "Virgin 4 Life" tattooed on your arse.
    No No No...on the face.

Seriously, as long as you have a pulse and aren't fugly it's easy to get a man to shag you. I think I'd know, being a man. We aren't overly picky.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 6, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.