Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Want to lose virginity before Uni - wait or not? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Classy :p:.

You're going to meet so many new people at uni, what's the rush?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Completely irrelevant, im not underage/going to get pregnant.
    i never sad u were, i just said it was a must see as your topic was 'want to loose virginity before uni- wait or not'. it was for those reading ur thread who may be underage and to try and take care they ensure they dont get pregnant if they decide to do it underage

tbh I can see where the girl is coming from, except for she has 1 whole year before uni. i'm 19, a guy and going uni and in same position. Thing is with the way school has gone, all boys and struggling to connect with girls, I don't have any female friends. Also very few girls interest me enough to want to be with them in terms of relationship. I don't know why, but very few do. I'm also awkward around girls who I find attractive, and generally lacking confidence around them due to my obvious inexperience.

How do I know that I'll be confident enough to approach and meet a girl I really like and get in a relationship with her, and ontop of this face the embarrassment of telling her i'm a virgin? ok I'm not stupid enough to really let it affect me, but for a 19 year old guy to have to tell a girl that IS embarrassing. Regardless of that what are the chances? Like I said, there's very small chance I meet a girl I really like. There's no point being in a relationship if you're not really into the person and there's very few girls I find I'm into, which does worry me!

So do I rather go with a 'quick shag' through something such as prostitution and lose that desperate mentality or go to uni and actually try and find a girl I really am into? This has been bothering me for ages but I'm not sre I can wait much longer, time is ticking and I don't want to be a virgin at 20, which may sound immature or something but as a guy the older you get the more you want rid. I can't hang around for 'the right girl' for much longer but then I am constantly reading 'you will regret it' and so on, so I could do with some advice. Maybe some people who were in a similar scnario?

ReputationRep:
    tbh I can see where the girl is coming from, except for she has 1 whole year before uni. i'm 19, a guy and going uni and in same position. Thing is with the way school has gone, all boys and struggling to connect with girls, I don't have any female friends. Also very few girls interest me enough to want to be with them in terms of relationship. I don't know why, but very few do. I'm also awkward around girls who I find attractive, and generally lacking confidence around them due to my obvious inexperience.

How do I know that I'll be confident enough to approach and meet a girl I really like and get in a relationship with her, and ontop of this face the embarrassment of telling her i'm a virgin? ok I'm not stupid enough to really let it affect me, but for a 19 year old guy to have to tell a girl that IS embarrassing. Regardless of that what are the chances? Like I said, there's very small chance I meet a girl I really like. There's no point being in a relationship if you're not really into the person and there's very few girls I find I'm into, which does worry me!

So do I rather go with a 'quick shag' through something such as prostitution and lose that desperate mentality or go to uni and actually try and find a girl I really am into? This has been bothering me for ages but I'm not sre I can wait much longer, time is ticking and I don't want to be a virgin at 20, which may sound immature or something but as a guy the older you get the more you want rid. I can't hang around for 'the right girl' for much longer but then I am constantly reading 'you will regret it' and so on, so I could do with some advice. Maybe some people who were in a similar scnario?

I kinda understand what you mean but i still disagree. Through todays social stigma people feel weird if they haven't lost their virginity in their teens. Do you really want to lose it to someone who doesn't give a **** about you? Think how embarrassing it would be to tell you're girlfriend later on in life that you lost you're virginity to a prostitute just so you didn't have to go to uni as a virgin.

I've never really been in the same scenario, i've had 2 extremely long term relationships throughout my teens, but, I've only had one one night stand, and everytime I think about it it makes me want to be sick, just horrible and emotionless.

You're probably better off trying to improve yourself as a person and the girl thing will then take care of its self, because if this is your outlook on life then no wonder you don't have connections with girls.

ReputationRep:
    slut machine

(Original post by flight409)
    I kinda understand what you mean but i still disagree. Through todays social stigma people feel weird if they haven't lost their virginity in their teens. Do you really want to lose it to someone who doesn't give a **** about you? Think how embarrassing it would be to tell you're girlfriend later on in life that you lost you're virginity to a prostitute just so you didn't have to go to uni as a virgin.

I've never really been in the same scenario, i've had 2 extremely long term relationships throughout my teens, but, I've only had one one night stand, and everytime I think about it it makes me want to be sick, just horrible and emotionless.

You're probably better off trying to improve yourself as a person and the girl thing will then take care of its self, because if this is your outlook on life then no wonder you don't have connections with girls.
    what do you mean my outlook on life?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SixStrings)
    Anyone else like me who doesn't place such a sentimental value on virginity? If you get the chance and you think it's the right time to do it then do it. It's like practice for when you find someone you really love.
    There seem to be a disproportionate amount of people on here who think of virginity as special. Most people I've spoken to in real life really don't feel this way. I don't see why the first time you have sex has to be more special than any other time. I'm sure sex with someone you love is better, but what difference does it make if they're your first or not? Just enjoy what you have now.

(Original post by nolongerhearthemusic)
    Classy :p:.

You're going to meet so many new people at uni, what's the rush?

I would just prefer to lose it before.

ReputationRep:
    I would just prefer to lose it before.
    I understand wanting to get it over with, I really do. I just think you'll be happier if you wait and meet someone you like. Even if it's just casual. You're more likely to do that if you wait til you start uni, because you'll be meeting a lot of new people. What's the real difference between now and right after you've started uni?

ReputationRep:
    Anon or delete.
    I dont go clubbing/out drinking, dont have a boyfriend.

Am I just going to have to wait till Uni?
    I'm 17, going to Uni next year.
    I friend of mine lost her virginity to a friend* before going to Uni for the hell of it and regrets it. Don't do it. Keep your legs firmly crossed.

If you're female, there is serious no rush to lose it. Just wait till you find someone, a BF.
    If you don't find anyone now, wait till uni, most people's social lives explode there. :yes:
    Unless you can be detached, losing your virginity to some randomer will make you feel crap about yourself, trust me. : /

*guy who just used her for sex and was never there for her.

Edit - after reading your replies erm...you want to sleep with anyone, as long as they're male and not a virgin. I don't think you need advice on how to do that, lol. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    you up to much saturday night OP?

(Original post by Ozy)

Edit - after reading your replies erm...you want to sleep with anyone, as long as they're male and not a virgin. I don't think you need advice on how to do that, lol. Good luck.

Thats not true, I dont want to sleep with anyone.

we should hook up OP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    People like you make me laugh. Shows how 'intelligent' you actually are.
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    You are actually joking, right?...
    I have been on this forum far longer than you, your probably a troll so get out.
    You're. You're. YOU'RE. When will people get this right. We learn this in primary school and it's drilled into our heads right into high school as well.

ReputationRep:
    Virginity is nothing special. You will have sex hundreds of times before you die. No one will judge you if u lose it or not.

And trust me it is soooooooooo much better with someone you care about. Cliche i know but it is true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    You're too immature to be having sex, by the sounds of things.
    I agree with this. If you think that you have a certain deadline to lose your virginity, then you need to grow up a bit and wait until you get in a relationship. Nobody will care if you havent lost it by the time you go to uni.

ReputationRep:
    wow, its fascinating that about half the tsr users are virgins and non-drinkers and worry about it enough to open a thread about it ...

but same answer as always: do it, dont do it, whatever u feel like, dont force it though and do it so u have it "done", cuz then u might feel crappy (though i know enough ppl who did that and although it wasnt the most amazing exsperience ever, they didnt have trouble with it either ...^^)

ReputationRep:
    Yes.
    My god. Im sorry, but that does make you a bit of a loser.

ReputationRep:
    if you want to lose it you should but tbh i would wait untill the u are with the person you feel that is the "one"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SixStrings)
    Anyone else like me who doesn't place such a sentimental value on virginity? If you get the chance and you think it's the right time to do it then do it. It's like practice for when you find someone you really love.
    (Original post by x y z)
    There seem to be a disproportionate amount of people on here who think of virginity as special. Most people I've spoken to in real life really don't feel this way. I don't see why the first time you have sex has to be more special than any other time. I'm sure sex with someone you love is better, but what difference does it make if they're your first or not? Just enjoy what you have now.
    (Original post by MoonShadowWolf)
    Virginity is nothing special. You will have sex
    hundreds of times before you die. No one will judge you if u lose it or not.

And trust me it is soooooooooo much better with someone you care about. Cliche i know but it is true.

This, this, and this!!!

Anyways OP, if you don't want to wait, yet you have no male friends, and don't want to go out looking for someone.........I don't really know what you what anyone to say. :confused: People have told you the usual ways of getting some, i.e. with friends or meeting new people and those avenues are not available, you say...so...........moaning on TSR isn't going to make 'the man you want to lose your virginity to' spontaneously magic his way into existence/into your current life. I don't mean to sound too *****y, especially because I'm sure if I do then you'll be less inclined to take any of this in, but from the sounds of it you don't really have a choice but to wait until the opportunity presents itself to you a bit better than your current situation, unless you are willing to go out into town by yourself/go join a club or something to meet new people in the hopes you'll make a male friend/take up some of the TSRers' offers... Sorry!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 6, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.