Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Might sound a bit of a **** bear with me:p:

Im considering going to Leeds next year from Ireland as they dont do the course i want in Ireland (except for DCU, but that has a sh1t rep for nightlife )

Did anyone here first go to leeds without knowing anyone?
    Is it hard to make friends?
    (I wont know anyone in the UK whatsoever when i arrive)
    I would like to live in the campus accomidation so i can meet people to go out and get pissed with:p: How many people usually live together there?

Is the nightlife really as good as i have heard? 40000 students how bad can it be:woo:
    cheers

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of people going, without knowing anyone else in the city. As pretty much everyone is in the same boat, I'm sure you'll be okay making new friends, just get chatting to people in the same accommodation/lectures/places as you!
    The nightlife in Leeds, indeed, is brilliant.

According to the website, the on campus accommodation places are as follows
    Henry Price Building - 335 places, self catered, flats between 8 and 9
    Ellersie Hall - 120 places, catered
    Lyddon Hall - 145 places, catered

Then Charles Morris will be open in 2010

ReputationRep:
    I can guarantee you'll make friends! Go to Boddington if this is of particular worry to you because there are thousands of people there.

ReputationRep:
    You'll be fine mate, I came over from Belfast and knew no one. The accent will win friends if nothing

Also join socities, join the Irish society for example and branch out from there making friends.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.