Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Camping.. in a tent. Not those fancy caravans. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to find a campsite for tents at the moment, plan to go camping with a some friends (incase you didn't guess already), and I was wondering if anyone knew any good campsites that aren't massively expensive and are easy to get to via trains and buses.

Around Greater Manchester as well...

I've been googling for about 2 hours and when I had a firm decsion is turned out to be Scouts only ¬.¬ So i'm leaving myself to your mercy. ^^

Thanks in advance ^_^

ReputationRep:
    From Manchester you could get a train to Windermere. No better place in the country than the Lake District!

ReputationRep:
    The Lake District!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.lakedistrictcamping.co.uk/southeast.htm

ReputationRep:
    They looked nice but quite expensive o_o, and there would be quite a big group of us... and we're all under 18 which would also make it difficult for the Windermere one on the link brokenangel gave

ReputationRep:
    If you're all under 18, you will find it hard to find anywhere at all. You could take the risk and go, because I doubt they will check ID or anything. But me and a few friends were looking earlier in the summer and all we could find is a place in Cornwall that accepts under 18's with parents permission, but a bit far for us to go.

ReputationRep:
    As someone else has said you will struggle. Even if you are over 18, a lot of places won't accept you if you are a single sex group of young people. I don't know whether that applies to you or not.
    When me and my friends tried to go camping we found that it was pretty much impossible for a group of 18 year old girls to go anywhere and in the end we didn't go.
    Camping is for families apparently.
    grr.

ReputationRep:
    Can't you just go camp on a big hill for free? Thats what my mates do but then again I live in a farm land.
    Do you have hills in Manchester? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fortunecookie)
    If you're all under 18, you will find it hard to find anywhere at all. You could take the risk and go, because I doubt they will check ID or anything. But me and a few friends were looking earlier in the summer and all we could find is a place in Cornwall that accepts under 18's with parents permission, but a bit far for us to go.

If you go via coach on a thursday or a monday (national express) its like a buy one get one free. I live in the north west and it cost a friend and I £90 in total for two return fares to Newquay Bargain

ReputationRep:
    It wouldn't be a single sex group, and I don't really understand why they'd not accept you if you were O_o? Would be less likely for hanky-panky and stuff.

Most of the places i've looked at need people to book in advance, which might have been a problem with some of ye?

With the hills for free thing, some people did that last year but it wasn't really that pratical apparently and it's illegal xD

I could call up ahead and book and stuff. Idk. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sami2412)
    If you go via coach on a thursday or a monday (national express) its like a buy one get one free. I live in the north west and it cost a friend and I £90 in total for two return fares to Newquay Bargain
    Ah thats a really good deal. But I'm quite close to London so might be a able to find a better deal.

I'll have to keep it in mind for next year cause I'm off to Spain this summer :woo:

ReputationRep:
    A bit of a shameful bump

Under 18 campsites in Greater Manchester anyone?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.