Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please dont reply if your going to make silly jokes as im genuingly looking for a bit of advice and reassurance. So Basically i am an 18 year old female and a virgin, i have a boyfriend of a year but am not sexually active. This is because 1, im Muslim and 2, i really do believe in sex after marriage.

Anyways im experiencing a little bit of agitation, I really do care for my boyfriend but the thought of sleeping with him is not really a problem, what is though is that i kno i have a high sex drive and masturbate quite often but never as in fingering, just rubbing and stuff. I dont know wether i should just sleep with him or continue to masturbate, i dont even think thats allowed to be honest but im so sexually frustrated but still hope to remain a virgin until i marry (which by the way i am no where near ready for !) I dont know what to do? maybe ill end up loosing my virginity anyway what should i do?? has anyone ever experienced anything like it, as in masturbating often to avoid sex? sos

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure a question like this isn't for some people you don't know on a forum. Its your decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by impervious)
    I'm pretty sure a question like this isn't for some people you don't know on a forum. Its your decision.
    The guy speaks sense :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Please dont reply if your going to make silly jokes as im genuingly looking for a bit of advice and reassurance. So Basically i am an 18 year old female and a virgin, i have a boyfriend of a year but am not sexually active. This is because 1, im Muslim and 2, i really do believe in sex after marriage.

Anyways im experiencing a little bit of agitation, I really do care for my boyfriend but the thought of sleeping with him is not really a problem, what is though is that i kno i have a high sex drive and masturbate quite often but never as in fingering, just rubbing and stuff. I dont know wether i should just sleep with him or continue to masturbate, i dont even think thats allowed to be honest but im so sexually frustrated but still hope to remain a virgin until i marry (which by the way i am no where near ready for !) I dont know what to do? maybe ill end up loosing my virginity anyway what should i do?? has anyone ever experienced anything like it, as in masturbating often to avoid sex? sos
    The only practical reason I cant think of for abstaining from sex until marriage is to show commitment or whatever (I dont think God needs much of a place in these matters- obv you'll disagree)... So either you could say having gone out for a year and (presumably?) loving him is indicative of that commitment- ergo SEX! Or this frustration you are overcoming will just make it so much more fulfilling once you've got married?

Besides if you are not doing it for religious reasons then yeah masturbation kind of seems a bit silly??

ReputationRep:
    eh dont all religions say sex before marriage is wrong?
    most people loose their virginity before the age of 19

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antipesto93)
    eh dont all religions say sex before marriage is wrong?
    most people loose their virginity before the age of 19
    but that doesn't mean that people who lose it after 19 are abnormal. know your audience.

it's not really something you can ask a bunch of strangers. it all depepnds on whether you're emotionally ready for sex and whether you'll feel like you've betrayed your religion afterwards. it's a tough decision, you just need to figure out if it's worth it.

ReputationRep:
    This is because 1, im Muslim. i dont even think thats allowed to be honest
    :banghead:

Do what you feel is right, not what other people/beliefs tell you. As for masturbation to be used as a replacement to sex, I think it helps if your still a virgin - which you are - but still it only goes so far.

I can help.

ReputationRep:
    maybe take things a bit further with him but not all the way? there are other things you can do for each other besides sex

ReputationRep:
    Your anonymous, you idiot. (#2)

ReputationRep:
    you can't prevent the inevitable so may aswell have fun aswell instead of torturing yourself. ;]

i am also a muslim and have the intention of remaining a version till marriage since i believe its the best choice. this is your choice but i think u should think very hard so you dont regret ur desicion afterwards. After you have sex thers no going back.

ReputationRep:
    Well of course. Most teenagers masturbate because they can't be bothered getting a partner, or because they can't, or simply because it's easier. Honestly I don't see the point in waiting to have sex until marriage and you don't seem keen either. Just do what you want, it really isn't a big deal. Unless you get pregnant. Which I assume you don't plan to. Sex is between you and your partner and no one else should try to persuade you of what's right and wrong for you.

ReputationRep:
    i am also a muslim and have the intention of remaining a version till marriage since i believe its the best choice. this is your choice but i think u should think very hard so you dont regret ur desicion afterwards. After you have sex thers no going back.
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend thats a very strict muslim girl and she gave in with her boyfriend. It all depends on how much you beleive in your religion or that part of it imo.

or just go to ann summers lol

ReputationRep:
    Having sex will not cure your desire for sex.

ReputationRep:
    Marry your boyfriend?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anyone can really give you advice on this, like others have said, you need to make your own mind up. But hopefully the questions we raise can help raise your own questions as well...

Questions I would wonder are: Why do you not believe in sex before marriage? Is it really THAT important to you? Why? What do YOU want? Do you want to be strict with your religion for YOUR sake? Or do you feel you HAVE to be strict/religious?

I'm quite a religious catholic, and we're not supposed to have sex before marriage - but I don't believe in that. I believe that if you really love someone and you WANT to and feel READY, then you should.

Anyway, hope you can resolve this,

All the best,
    latot

ReputationRep:
    Fapping all the way.

Sex is overrated, i've never enjoyed the physical side only the emotional. Which is why i stopped having one night stands.

ReputationRep:
    Muslim Version 2.0?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.