Braces: how long did you have them for... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missaphrodite)
    And lol at your sig :p:

Those dots drove me mad lol

ReputationRep:
    Never! Yay

ReputationRep:
    anyone know whether insulin braces (the ones u pay for and are not visable) are any good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R£SP£CT)
    How did you manage to do that? Sorry, but that slightly made me chuckle.
    I was walking to a fancy dress shop with my friends, chatting kind of excited and didn't see it coming. Bam walked into it and ended up in A and E it was horrible! And I wasnt even drunk...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollymustard)
    I was walking to a fancy dress shop with my friends, chatting kind of excited and didn't see it coming. Bam walked into it and ended up in A and E it was horrible! And I wasnt even drunk...
    Ouch! that must of hurt! Well I hope that any injuries you sustained were not that serious and you've recovered from them!. I never thought excitement could lead to such a thing..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R£SP£CT)
    Ouch! that must of hurt! Well I hope that any injuries you sustained were not that serious and you've recovered from them!. I never thought excitement could lead to such a thing..
    Haha well aparently according to the doc its a good job I was smiling because if not I would have probably ended up with a split lip and stitches!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollymustard)
    Haha well aparently according to the doc its a good job I was smiling because if not I would have probably ended up with a split lip and stitches!
    From now on, I think I'm going to smile more often! :p:

ReputationRep:
    1 and a half years, between the age of 19 and 21.

Cost me three and a half grand Australian, I had to pay that all myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella)
    1 and a half years, between the age of 19 and 21.

Cost me three and a half grand Australian, I had to pay that all myself.
    Ouch! And they're not even a nice thing to have to spend your money on either I hope it was worth it for you, though

ReputationRep:
    Ouch! And they're not even a nice thing to have to spend your money on either I hope it was worth it for you, though
    Thanks hun, it was.

ReputationRep:
    Have some rep, m'dear
    I've +rep back to you

I was just reading through the post and realised no-one actually answered your question, so i thought i might as well

ReputationRep:
    Had them when i was 11, top and bottom for my crossbite then when i was 15 just on the top to straighten out a tooth that was growing a bit lower than the other. First time i had them for about 18 months and second time was 9 months.

ReputationRep:
    3 years ... three years!

ReputationRep:
    Mine were on for eighteen months, although my teeth are still a bit on the crowded side. I think it runs in the family.

ReputationRep:
    I had them for about a year when I was 13ish then had a permanent wire that you cant see put behind my front top and bottom teeth. Also still wear a retainer most nights. Haven't worn it for a while though and now I've put it back in I can feel my teeth have moved a bit. Well worth it though, my teeth were terrible before but love em now, and hopefully they'll stay like this

ReputationRep:
    5 years, 5 braces, my teeth werent even that bad, i just had a gap at the top!

trying beating that though xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flossy_)
    5 years, 5 braces, my teeth werent even that bad, i just had a gap at the top!

trying beating that though xD
    You poor thing!

ReputationRep:
    the first poster said that his took 9 months.. it took my brother 11 years to remove braces because he was a lazy asshle

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.