Using an alarm
    60.71%
    Other (state in answer)
    14.29%

ReputationRep:
    Do you let yourself wake up naturally?

Or

Use some other method

I personally have to use abstract methods because I go to bed at unusual times.

I usually turn on both my alarm clocks because if I only have my phone one on then I'll turn it off without even realising it's gone off.

I've tried setting my phone and rolling it on the floor somewhere so that i'd have to get up and turn it off but again I do that without waking up :p:

So yesterday I turned the alarm on and put it on my football table and it woke me up but I feel asleep straight after turning it off :mad:

Any tips for me

ReputationRep:
    My sleeping pattern is disgusting, I need some advice here so i shall watch also

ReputationRep:
    i have a body clock thats pretty awesome, if i think to myself i need to wake up at say 9 i will wake up naturally 10 mins before, very odd :P although now due to no school etc i hardly sleep

ReputationRep:
    If I want to wake up at 8, I bang my head on my pillow 8 times, shout out 8 o'clock and then go to bed. I wouldn't do it with an exam the next day but forget the skeptism you have of the idea and try it, you have nout to lose.

ReputationRep:
    the old 3 alarm clocks 1 minute apart trick :yep:

1 minute apart so I have to get out of bed, turn it off, get back in then before I'm quite fully asleep again the next goes off leading to me getting out of bed again. etc. Works great when I need to be somewhere. Either that or tell my mum to let my dog jump on me.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yh and the only time that i'll get up before like 7pm is when the postman has the ring the bell for a package or something.

ReputationRep:
    With my phone. Never let me down.

ReputationRep:
    What I would do for a healthy bodyclock

ReputationRep:
    I use an alarm but during holidays my instant thought on hearing it is, "I don't need to be up early", so I switch it off and sleep for too long.

ReputationRep:
    My body clock works in 12 hour intervals.
    i.e. If I go to bed at 12 I will wake up at 12.

I sleep lots....

ReputationRep:
    I set the alarm on my phone and place it away from me if I have to get up for something otherwise I tend to wake up naturally whenever it happens

ReputationRep:
    I set my phone alarm for 10AM every morning, turn it off at 10AM and wake up at 12, then vow to be better the next day... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itszednotzee)
    My body clock works in 12 hour intervals.
    i.e. If I go to bed at 12 I will wake up at 12.

I sleep lots....
    Same, it's good but it means my day is gone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superfical space cadet)
    I set the alarm on my phone and place it away from me if I have to get up for something otherwise I tend to wake up naturally whenever it happens
    I tried that but I just went back to sleep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)
    Do you let yourself wake up naturally?

Or

Use some other method

I personally have to use abstract methods because I go to bed at unusual times.

I usually turn on both my alarm clocks because if I only have my phone one on then I'll turn it off without even realising it's gone off.

I've tried setting my phone and rolling it on the floor somewhere so that i'd have to get up and turn it off but again I do that without waking up :p:

So yesterday I turned the alarm on and put it on my football table and it woke me up but I feel asleep straight after turning it off :mad:

Any tips for me
    Bury your phone under a load of clatter; pile stuff that'll make a loud bang on top of it. Make sure phone volume is on full.

ReputationRep:
    Megan Fox.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    the old 3 alarm clocks 1 minute apart trick :yep:

1 minute apart so I have to get out of bed, turn it off, get back in then before I'm quite fully asleep again the next goes off leading to me getting out of bed again. etc. Works great when I need to be somewhere. Either that or tell my mum to let my dog jump on me.
    If I did that I'd just turn them all off...

ReputationRep:
    It depends what I have to do.

For school I used to set my phone alarm and alarm clock.
    When I start work at 11am I do the same.

When I start work at 6.30am or 7am I set my phone alarm, alarm clock, my watch alarm, my other watch alarm (which has 3 alarms) and also my Ipod alarms (usually upto 5 alarms) This brings me upto 11 alarm wake up calls in intervals of around 3-5 minutes. Since it can take my body upto an hour to wake up.

However today I thought of an even better alarm clock. I have work at 6.30 this morning. I haven't slept yet. And i've gone past the tired stage now. I should be okay until about 4. Which is good because I don't have to teach until 4.30 so I might get 1/2 hour sleep at work. So yeah you can try not sleeping. But only do that if you have had a very good nights rest from the night before. I wasn't up until 3pm yesterday so im good.

ReputationRep:
    my mother usually has sleeping problems so she shouts to make sure im up, lucky me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)
    I tried that but I just went back to sleep
    Change the alarm tune.
    You need something that seriously loud
    and might help if u put ur phone IN [and i mean in] the pillow
    this way its loud and close to ur ears, and vibrates the pillows and ur head, it works.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.