• View Poll Results: How do you get up?
    Naturally
    25.00%
    Using an alarm
    60.71%
    Other (state in answer)
    14.29%

ReputationRep:
    when i have school i wake up naturally 7am every single morning, whether i have a late class or not.

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea how people can just wake up naturally at the same time everyday (eg. 7 am for work) without having an alarm. I use an alarm everyday, I use set my phone alarm too if I have something important on earlier in the day. OP..get more alarms that never stop and are really loud!

I keep a kettle and a mug loaded with a disgusting amount of instant coffee and brown sugar by my bed. Once the alarm goes off all you have to do is hit the switch and pour.

ReputationRep:
    If I have something to do, like work, then it's easy. I know I have to get up so I'll be waking up a few times within the hour I need to get up in. And when it does come around I turn the alarm off on my phone and just get out of bed lol.
    For something like school, which became less special as time went by it was much harder to ge tout of bed for.
    But when there's no reason to get out of bed, it's the hardest thing ever.

ReputationRep:
    Multiple alarms placed strategically around the room (floor, windowsill, on top of cupboard etc) all with slightly different times (one or two mins apart). Have to rotate locations regulaly.

ReputationRep:
    my phone to wake me up and then an alarm clock on the other side of the room to get me out of bed

failing that the dogs cold wet nose in my ear cos she wants a walk also does the trick

ReputationRep:
    Generally my wife nagging me wakes me up. But she often decides to do so at least an hour before I 'actually' have to haul my arse out of bed, which just makes getting up and ready that much slower. I find that even if I get up at 6am, if I'm tired it will somehow take me two hours to do the double S, or if I need to look a bit more respectible then the triple S.

However, the main thing is to get to bed early. You're not going to get up at 7am if you only went to bed three hours earlier...

ReputationRep:
    naturally, i always wake up without an alarm at 10ish but thats during the holidays though....it gets a bit messed up when i go back to school since i have to use an alarm clock on weekdays but not on weekends

ReputationRep:
    I use an alarm, but I always wake up about five minutes before it goes off anyway. It's weird how the body can sort of train itself to do that. And sometimes I don't set my alarm because it's really fiddly to change the time it goes off, if I need to get up an hour later or something, and somehow I always wake up at the time I need to. It's very useful

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.