Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by con_verse)
    No that wasn't me! Haha I was a little intimidated that a prospective classmate had already begun thinking about employment when I was still worrying about whether I'd be able to cope with school or not...

anyway, I was the girl in the blue and gold shirt and jeans, if you were at the booth.
    nah, it was too crowded for me to remember people by clothing details. hahah... i didnt really visit the KCL booth as well.

and her question was intimidating but pretty valid as well, cause if you are intending to practise in UK, then getting the TCs after summer VACs with the firms, will be pretty much cutthroat business, cause LPC/BVC dont come cheap.

are you gonna look to stay on there? or fly back to singapore to practise law?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melsonchun)
    I have been trying to search for the Facebook group for Singapore Freshers 09/10. It does not exist right?

The ones by LSE, UCL and Warwick seems to be brimming with activity.
    yeah i dont think there is one. although i didnt search for it cause.. '09/10' freshers wont apply to me. i will have to wait for one more fiscal year. argh. '10/11' here i come.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gi.)
    nah, it was too crowded for me to remember people by clothing details. hahah... i didnt really visit the KCL booth as well.

and her question was intimidating but pretty valid as well, cause if you are intending to practise in UK, then getting the TCs after summer VACs with the firms, will be pretty much cutthroat business, cause LPC/BVC dont come cheap.

are you gonna look to stay on there? or fly back to singapore to practise law?
    I found speaking to the seniors at the booth more informative than the talks going on in the hall though!

I do hope to work overseas, whether it's the UK or Hong Kong or anywhere else that isn't Singapore really, haha. But I figure that I should just concentrate on graduating well...then I shouldn't have too much trouble with getting a job. Hopefully. Haha.

ReputationRep:
    i didnt have any urgent questions that needed answering, so didnt really go to the kcl booth. i shouldnt hog the booth's time, and give way to immediate college entrants like you! hahaha

(Original post by con_verse)
    whether it's the UK or Hong Kong or anywhere else that isn't Singapore really, haha.
    very niceeeeee. i approve. :yep: and i see that you arent going on scholarship thus the no-bond-to-serve-status

ohyea do you have facebook? so that i may seek permission to add you. and when the time comes (which is about this time next year), i can seek advice/help from a particular senior, you.

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I am a student from Singapore and have just recently received my Singapore-Cambridge GCE A Level results, which was taken in the year 2008. I would like to enquire if I stand a realistic chance in law at KCL given my H2 grades are AAB in Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics. I have a B in General Paper and Chinese Language, and an additional C for H1 Economics too. I would be presenting some research achievement that I have accumulated in my college days too. I will be applying for deferred entry in 2011.

Would my GCE O Level results weaken my application in anyway? It wasn't too ideal in that case as it is dominated by a majority of A2s and B3s.
    Hi, I am also a fellow Singaporean headed for King's in 2011. Law, also. Im just wondering if you have tried to apply for SMU Law, since your results seem more than sufficient to secure a place there? haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamlaw)
    Hi, I am also a fellow Singaporean headed for King's in 2011. Law, also. Im just wondering if you have tried to apply for SMU Law, since your results seem more than sufficient to secure a place there? haha.
    Haha nope. Somehow the name put me off. :p: Besides, I want campus accommodation and a law school with an established track of producing top-notch lawyers (ppl who employ legal methods of thinking).

Just some questions, did you apply for KCL last year? What were your grades like? And your LNAT score?

LNAT is rather irritating, especially many months after school. I seem to have left my critical reading skills in college. Got 16 for the paper based test which i timed myself for 55 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    wait, you are matriculating in 2011? so which UCAS cycle did you apply in? 2009? you requested plus deferred entry+additional 1 year due to NS-reasons?

sorry for the questions, just curious about your 2011 matriculation.

ReputationRep:
    Haha nope. Somehow the name put me off. :p: Besides, I want campus accommodation and a law school with an established track of producing top-notch lawyers (ppl who employ legal methods of thinking).

Just some questions, did you apply for KCL last year? What were your grades like? And your LNAT score?

LNAT is rather irritating, especially many months after school. I seem to have left my critical reading skills in college. Got 16 for the paper based test which i timed myself for 55 minutes.
    Haha, yeah I applied in 2008. Was supposed to enter in 2010/2011... but some NS-related problems came up (long story) and I have to defer my year of study to 2011. Im grateful that they allowed me to defer for another year.

I got a 24 for the LNAT... No idea how though. I thought I did pretty *******. My grades... I wasn't from a JC, but a poly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gi.)
    wait, you are matriculating in 2011? so which UCAS cycle did you apply in? 2009? you requested plus deferred entry+additional 1 year due to NS-reasons?

sorry for the questions, just curious about your 2011 matriculation.
    haha, nope. I applied in 2008. The original plan was to matriculate in 2010. But due to some NS-related problems, I was required to defer for another year. Very thankful that the peeps at KCL allowed me to defer for another year without having to reapply and redo the lNAT.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, yeah I applied in 2008. Was supposed to enter in 2010/2011... but some NS-related problems came up (long story) and I have to defer my year of study to 2011. Im grateful that they allowed me to defer for another year.

I got a 24 for the LNAT... No idea how though. I thought I did pretty *******. My grades... I wasn't from a JC, but a poly.
    Hey, can you pm me your facebook? I am thinking that I might possibly need someone who is matriculating in the same year as me to discuss the things to bring and other stuffs related to law school.

Woah, 24. Very good!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.