Turn on thread page Beta

Holiday Sex.... Help watch

ReputationRep:
    Right so I went on holiday for two weeks from the end of June. While I was there I ended up having sex with a girl I met there. It was incredible.

I got back home. Looked at my phone and emails. My girlfriend had sent me a text and email every day I had been away asking me how I was and telling me what she had been doing. I felt really bad...

I told my best friend about it. I asked her to talk to my gf about it (we all work together) she asked what my gf would feel if she thought or knew I had had sex with someone else on holiday. Her reply was she would be heartbroken.

From past experience I know if you keep something like this locked up it comes back to hurt you. So I came out with it and told her. Now she won't talk to me. I feel really bad about it. And honestly don't know what to do.

I've been told by my best mate that me and her are now even (she slept with her ex and messed about with one of my other best mates while we were on a break - which I forgave her for.)

I honestly don't know what to do. So yeah any suggestions would be nice. Post them on here or PM them to me. I don't mind.

ReputationRep:
    If you're both cheating on each other then is the relationship really worth progressing? If you're still into holiday screwing around I would suggest that a relationship might not be what you want.

ReputationRep:
    She says she is insanly in love with me. I don't know if I feel that way, and if im honest want to strech my wings. Im only 18. What is expected? She knows im bad at commitment.

ReputationRep:
    Good on you for being honest with you. But I can't blame her for giving you the cold shoulder now, aren't relationships about being committed to the one person? If you are uncapable of this, and sneaking around behind her back whilst away..maybe thinking she'd never find out? then you shouldn't be in a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ßlαcksωαn)
    Good on you for being honest with you. But I can't blame her for giving you the cold shoulder now, aren't relationships about being committed to the one person? If you are uncapable of this, and sneaking around behind her back whilst away..maybe thinking she'd never find out? then you shouldn't be in a relationship.
    I see where your coming from. And I know this is not a good excuse but she did it first. I feel s**t about it and I just don't know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    Wait she cheated on you and you cheated on her. Where is the problem? You're even so why is she being silent? She can't get on her hight horse now and have a go at you because she did the same thing before, remind her of that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)
    Wait she cheated on you and you cheated on her. Where is the problem? You're even so why is she being silent? She can't get on her hight horse now and have a go at you because she did the same thing before, remind her of that.

I did remind her. She just cried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azzer)
    I did remind her. She just cried.
    Oh okay, how about doing something romantic for her? Like going out somewhere to show that you still care (that's if you do still care)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)
    Oh okay, how about doing something romantic for her? Like going out somewhere to show that you still care (that's if you do still care)

I do still care. I'll be seeing her in about 12 hours when I round about finish work and she starts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azzer)
    I do still care. I'll be seeing her in about 12 hours when I round about finish work and she starts.
    Okay, that's good, just apoligise again because I know that you have already. Give your reason i.e. you're young blah and say you know it isn't a good enough reason but you needed to get it out of your system. Something like that and then do something nice like buy flowers for her, if you what kind she likes the brilliant, if not ask her best mate.

ReputationRep:
    I've been in the same position as you. Went to Ibiza with my girlfriend and had sex with random people while she was out. I didn't tell her though.

ReputationRep:
    You should ask her why she texted you every day tellin you what she was doing. If you wanted to know that you wouldn't have gone on holiday.

Go to her house, tell her you got your hole, and if she kicks up a fuss tell her to shut the **** up as I said it was okay for you to do this.

ReputationRep:
    She is having an emotional reaction rather than a rational reaction, so you can talk to her as much as you want, you won't be able to make her see sense.

Probably what you need is to give her a break and let her come to terms with it. Then when she has calmed down she will come back to you, once she has been able to realise that you are now even. Whether she did it before or not does not excuse your doing it; so she probably feels betrayed. A bit like a thief who has had his own bike stolen; he doesn't mind taking other people's property but can't stand the fact someone does it to him. So let the whole thing calm down and a few days' break will do wonders (provided you can keep your pants on during that time!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rudyrabbit)
    She is having an emotional reaction rather than a rational reaction, so you can talk to her as much as you want, you won't be able to make her see sense.

Probably what you need is to give her a break and let her come to terms with it. Then when she has calmed down she will come back to you, once she has been able to realise that you are now even. Whether she did it before or not does not excuse your doing it; so she probably feels betrayed. A bit like a thief who has had his own bike stolen; he doesn't mind taking other people's property but can't stand the fact someone does it to him. So let the whole thing calm down and a few days' break will do wonders (provided you can keep your pants on during that time!)
    I think you're making a huge assumption there.

Not all thieves will mind having their bikes stolen.

ReputationRep:
    At least your being honest with yourself and had the guts to tell your girlfriend.

I know that she cheated on you but its still ok for her to feel upset and if she's giving you the cold shoulder maybe she's just trying to figure out where she wants to take it, afterall the ball is kind of in her court now.

If you want to make it better apologize once again and if she accepts straight away maybe do something nice together. If she's unsure about what to do just give her some space.

ReputationRep:
    If you were on a break, how was what she did cheating? If you weren't together then she wasn't cheating. What you did though was cheating, its good that you were honest...but it hardly makes you even.

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe that you can love each other that much if you cheat on each other (although if you were on a break while she slept with someone else then it's not cheating). I can understand why she's highly upset. If neither of you can fully commit to the other then why don't you end it and then you can go and have sex with whoever you like.

ReputationRep:
    Dear OP,

You and possibly your girlfriend are idiots. Negative rep me for this if you want, I don't really give a crap about some internet rating system. This needs to be said. A relationship is never about getting EVEN.

Getting even only ruins the relationship. The very fact that you cheated and liked it (having no regrets in terms of the experience itself) reveals the very fact that there lies no loyalty and true love between you two.

Break up, immediately.
    And after that, grow up (possibly the both of you).

ReputationRep:
    This whole relationship sounds like a joke. Stay broken up this time, I mean - what's the point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ross from Friends)
    WE WERE ON A BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAK
    Sounds somewhat familiar eh?

Give it time. Try to talk it out.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.