Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

2 same exam papers. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Consider, 1 person did 2 exams ( 1 for himself and 1 for his friend ) and the individulators didnt find out and they got away with cheating.
    Lets say more or less on both papers there is exactly the same method for all answers.
    Lets also say it is a maths a level paper.

You reckon you could get caught and get disqualified, or is it highly unlikely?

I myself have not done this, and im just curious.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kasdi6900)
    Consider, 1 person did 2 exams ( 1 for himself and 1 for his friend ) and the individulators didnt find out and they got away with cheating.
    Lets say more or less on both papers there is exactly the same method for all answers.
    Lets also say it is a maths a level paper.

You reckon you could get caught and get disqualified, or is it highly unlikely?

I myself have not done this, and im just curious.
    Thanks
    Chances are they'd probably get away with it...then again if its identical (more or less) it might raise some suspicions...but how would they be able to do 2 papers at the same time? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    If an examiner was marking some papers, and there were two papers with exactly the same handwriting and very similar methods then yes I think they will become suspicious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Chances are they'd probably get away with it...then again if its identical (more or less) it might raise some suspicions...but how would they be able to do 2 papers at the same time? :confused:
    Lol, thats why i said '' lets just say '' . I would assume though, that the first person would have finished like 30mins early and done the second or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doivid)
    If an examiner was marking some papers, and there were two papers with exactly the same handwriting and very similar methods then yes I think they will become suspicious.
    I see, Well yes ofcourse but lets say it was with different handwriting?

ReputationRep:
    Can I please ask why you are wanting to know whether an examiner would become suspicious? First of all I don't understand how 1 person could complete two exam papers (yes yes I know this is a hypothetical scenario). But this person is also able to conceal his/her deception by writing completely differently in the second exam paper?

You say this is a maths A level paper, yet give no reasons why this is the case.

The only reasoning I could see (considering I do A level maths and am trying desperately to understand why you have presented this scenario), is that someone asked for an extra answer book in an exam and then completed the exam paper twice. Time wise I think this could be possible because I can complete A level maths papers in under half the time.

In a nutshell, why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doivid)
    Can I please ask why you are wanting to know whether an examiner would become suspicious? First of all I don't understand how 1 person could complete two exam papers (yes yes I know this is a hypothetical scenario). But this person is also able to conceal his/her deception by writing completely differently in the second exam paper?

You say this is a maths A level paper, yet give no reasons why this is the case.

The only reasoning I could see (considering I do A level maths and am trying desperately to understand why you have presented this scenario), is that someone asked for an extra answer book in an exam and then completed the exam paper twice. Time wise I think this could be possible because I can complete A level maths papers in under half the time.

In a nutshell, why?
    Why do you think?

ReputationRep:
    This person has cheated

ReputationRep:
    **** off are you just curious (although how would one person do two of the same papers, unless I've misunderstood)

ReputationRep:
    Look it's a simple question. Let's just say 2 papers had exactly identical answers but different handwriting, will the chances of being caught be high or low?
    I have not done this, i am just curious thats all.

ReputationRep:
    well I'd Say if it was different handwriting and no-one saw you you would prabably get away with it.
    And yes it is possible to do two papers in the time allowed,
    xx

ReputationRep:
    Dude its maths, the markers each have loads of paper to mark, and the methods are most likely more or less the same, so its highly unlikely theyll find out. I am definitely sure there would be someone out there who used the complete same methods as i did today for the C2 paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LethalResistant)
    Dude its maths, the markers each have loads of paper to mark, and the methods are most likely more or less the same, so its highly unlikely theyll find out. I am definitely sure there would be someone out there who used the complete same methods as i did today for the C2 paper
    For maths yes, for a essay based subject you might not get away with it.
    But if someone's done this, you should definitely report it. It's not fair if you didn't.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.