Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I kike it, and you all don't care about what I will say, but I just want to let it out. I'm so angry at myself, I'm at university of hertfordshire and it's meh. There is no way I am able to go to kings college london or anyother top university. I regret my past, I really do, I wish I worked harder and that I went to a better university. I will be retaking my second year in university of hertfordshire and I just feel so lapsed and so stupid and scared. I feel as if my career isn't worth it anymore, since I'm at a rubbish university.

My question is, if I work hard, and I mean very hard, can I still end up getting a 2:1 in my degree, I need to have a strong mid, but everytime I read the university logo, I kknow that I'm at a rubbish university and there are slim chances of success.

What should I do?

Please help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by solidsnoop29)
    but everytime I read the university logo, I kknow that I'm at a rubbish university and there are slim chances of success.

What should I do?

Please help!

this way of thinking will get you no where in life , that's for sure .
    there's no point in regretting the past as your never going to get it back. instead get your head down and work hard next year , the university you go to does not determine how successful you will be , how hard you work and how much you apply yourself to your education RIGHT NOW will .

ReputationRep:
    You want inspiration? Look at how many of the richest men in the world have a decent education.

I'll give you a hint, not many.

ReputationRep:
    If you leave uni with a 2:1 you still HAVE a degree, where you went to uni doesn't matter as much as the fact that you have a degree. You have two choices: either you come out of uni with a decent grade or you fail and spend the rest of your life blaming on it the fact that you went to what you consider to be a rubbish uni.

Perhaps to a certain extent, the University you attend will play a part in your academic performance. However, should you have the aptitude and desire to do well, you'll succeed at any University.

May I ask what course it is that you've enrolled on? And may I ask how you come to this choice?

If you perhaps chose this course because it was the only one that you could perhaps gain entry; then you should really consider if it's worth continuing? Loads will perhaps disagree with me on this, but I believe that to also succeed you need passion in the subject you are studying. If you find what you're studying a bore; then most of the content will literally go through one, and come out of the other!

ReputationRep:
    At least you will have a degree. It doesnt matter what uni you go to.
    Stop dwelling on the past as you cant change anything.
    Just work hard and get the degree or you will regret it later on.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks lot for all of your mesages people, I really aprpeciate ALL of your replys. I will work harder, and do my best, and I will do something practical on the sde to it...thanks all....! I guess I was a ta depressed, I'm good now!

Really appreciate it!

ReputationRep:
    Hertfordshire's not that bad. I used to go to their university library during the holidays to study. Well I liked it anyway.

Anyway, I don't know what course you're doing but just work hard and get the highest grade you can. If you haven't already getting really involved in some relevant societies (e.g. law society if you want to follow that career) at uni and also finding some good work experience and placements during your time there should be very useful come job hunting time. Hopefully by then (graduate in 2 years?) the job market may be a bit better. So just remember the old cliche: you can't change the past but you can change the future. Work bloody hard and have fun too.

ReputationRep:
    If you work really hard and get a top first you have a chance at doing a masters at a top uni. My friend got a first at kent and is now about to start his masters at cambridge

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.