Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ignored a friend yesterday - feel bad...:-( Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi people.
    Yesterday I was walking back home, and an old school friend of mine was on a bike and had just come out of a side passage, I saw it was her, but then at the time thought it would be good just to ignore her.

At the moment i'm so annoyed because i've come back home for good from uni, and all of these friends never want to do anything social - also had a bit of a 'run in' /disagreement before with her over some girl I once was going out with.

So basically, was I right to do this? Were my reasons valid?
    She never text me or anything saying I saw you yesterday so surely she isn't really bothered with me anymore?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Clearly not much of a friend anymore. Why is it bothering you so much?

ReputationRep:
    I would jump in first.. 'did i see you yesterday?!'

ReputationRep:
    Friends drift apart, especially at the uni years. I am going through similar things in regards to friends. Have to move on and make new friends or make an extra effort to get back in with those mates and do stuff like going out.

ReputationRep:
    I always dread seeing people from school. I hate the 'so, what you been doing with yourself' questions and general small talk awkwardness therefore I usually ignore people I recognise.

ReputationRep:
    Just send a text to her saying "hey i think i saw you yesterday but i was in too much of a rush to notice, how are you" etc

ReputationRep:
    I agree with alot of whats been said. Friends do grow apart etc but it is only polite to smile and say hi. Now there is a chance if you bump into her again then she may be quite off with you.
    I'd step in and text her about seeing her yesterday as some have suggested, at least that gives some impression that you do still care.

ReputationRep:
    I had something similar in town the other week with an old teacher of mine. He asked how I was and I was very polite but the trouble is.....I have absolutely sod all of worth to say and felt so awkward afterwards. He did say I am welcome to drop in any time and all that and maybe I will but I just have nowt to say and this was another example of how awkward small talk made me feel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollymustard)
    I agree with alot of whats been said. Friends do grow apart etc but it is only polite to smile and say hi. Now there is a chance if you bump into her again then she may be quite off with you.
    I'd step in and text her about seeing her yesterday as some have suggested, at least that gives some impression that you do still care.
    Wow, you have an amazing username...:woo:

It just flows perfectly like...:party:

OP, just forget about it. I don't see why it's bothering you so much?

However, if it is bothering you, then as said get in there first and text her before she texts you.

ReputationRep:
    well you're all grown up, should've at least acknowledged her with a wave.
    but if she isn't bothered with you either, then who cares... forget it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.