Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm moving back into msv this year for a cheap alternative to housing...

I realise in each room there is a phone port with a more or less premium rate number. i have recently found out though, i can get a sweet deal on O2 home broadband for cheaper than student village can offer me, but will mean i need a phone plug to use it in. will the phone jack in the room be sufficiant for this?

ReputationRep:
    I don think they allow it and the phone lins aren very good.

ReputationRep:
    As far as I know, you can only use the phone line/internet companies that they have. You could try a service that gives you a dongle, maybe, but I just put up with their internet and have a mobile contract.

ReputationRep:
    Mobile internet doesnt get a good signal either, flatmate had it and couldnt really use it properly.

ReputationRep:
    we could get our own internet at msv south but im not sure what the situation is in north

ReputationRep:
    MSV south is a lot nicer and posher and a million times smaller than MSV in the city centre.

ReputationRep:
    You can't set up your own internet in MSV north. Pretty sure it's the same in most halls. If you could, why would people shell out the £300 odd quid for MSV's own sub par internet?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.