The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Gibb~
Whats with all the **** replies, Trolls GTFO

Ok OP personally I don't know how this WoW works as i've never played it, I read your previous thread and you seem quite desperate to make freinds or just one. Can I ask you if your going to uni? You are a nice guy but you must be very shy which is understandable due to the bullying and lack of confidence.

I'll be going to uni to do natural history or something. (really want to get into entomology).
But thats still at least a year away.
Do this all will be fine;

How on this earth, can nobody talk to you for days or you cannot make friends? Do you shun society or look like you will bite someone's head clean off if they came and spoke to you?

You went days without saying a word to anyone, not out of choice? You always have a choice! So your telling me, that you cannot physically open your mouth to talk to someone? You shouldn't wait for people to initiate conversation with you, try and speak to them as well.

No that is not all that matters. Although she feels like a real friend, she isn't She's off the internet and probably lives thousands of miles away from you. Your probably never going to meet her, and in real life if you did meet her she probably wouldn't care about you. Yes have friends over the internet, i have a few as well, but you also need real friends.

At the moment your like

"I have an internet friend and she cares about me, i no longer need real friends"

Quit World of Warcraft right now, delete your account whatever. Go out and make friends.
Troubled_Student
Do this all will be fine;

How on this earth, can nobody talk to you for days or you cannot make friends? Do you shun society or look like you will bite someone's head clean off if they came and spoke to you?

You went days without saying a word to anyone, not out of choice? You always have a choice! So your telling me, that you cannot physically open your mouth to talk to someone? You shouldn't wait for people to initiate conversation with you, try and speak to them as well.

No that is not all that matters. Although she feels like a real friend, she isn't She's off the internet and probably lives thousands of miles away from you. Your probably never going to meet her, and in real life if you did meet her she probably wouldn't care about you. Yes have friends over the internet, i have a few as well, but you also need real friends.

At the moment your like

"I have an internet friend and she cares about me, i no longer need real friends"

Quit World of Warcraft right now, delete your account whatever. Go out and make friends.

It didn't help the first time, it isn't helping now and it won't help if you post it again.
She is the only friend that I have ever had! do you understand now why it means so damn much to me?!
archlord destin
Shes the leader of the old guild, she won't abandon them for me.

well perhaps that's why she's hurt?

It seems you have the age-old male problem- you don't understand women.

Women are well known to say one thing and mean another. For example, if you ask a girl if she's ok and she replies "I'm fine" she blatantly isn't fine.

By saying she'd be ok if you left her guild, maybe she was testing you to see if you really liked her.

talk to her about it and if she carries on ignoring you, raid her guild (or whatever happens in WOW)
archlord destin
It didn't help the first time, it isn't helping now and it won't help if you post it again.
She is the only friend that I have ever had! do you understand now why it means so damn much to me?!

But it's constructive criticism... you have to realise there is more to friendship than this girl you 'know' off the internet. If it makes you feel better that you 'know' her, fine, but making real friends feels so much better! And you won't make real friends while you mope over internet people.
Rooster523
If you ask a girl if she's ok and she replies "I'm fine" she blatantly isn't fine.

Except sometimes. After all, what is she meant to say if she really is fine?! :rolleyes:
serrellen
But it's constructive criticism... you have to realise there is more to friendship than this girl you 'know' off the internet. If it makes you feel better that you 'know' her, fine, but making real friends feels so much better! And you won't make real friends while you mope over internet people.

But I can't just leave her.
I'm afraid of being alone again, I can't go back to that hell.
archlord destin

Well maybe if you spoke to people, as you said you "went days without speaking to people" this would help you gain "real-life friends"

How can i put this simply, this "friend" of yours will not;

hangout with you, drink with you, socialize in a normal manner with you or help you out in anyway over the internet like a normal friend would.

Quite simply, yes keep this "friend" of yours over the internet, but also go out and get real friends from school that can do all of the above. Your never going to progress and be able to speak with people if you are to caring about this one friend.

Stay on WoW then, cut down your hours maybe continue speaking with this girl, but also at the same time go out and actually converse socially with people. Just a "hey" in the corridors at school or a "Hey do you understand this work" in a class will help initiate a conversation of somekind. It really isn't that hard!
Reply 48
This girl is not really your friend, she sounds as though she takes the game as seriously as you, which is a warning sign in itself. Get off the game and meet some people. I know it can be hard, but it's better to try than do nothing. You'll feel better just for the effort.
serrellen
Except sometimes. After all, what is she meant to say if she really is fine?! :rolleyes:

"I'm fine?" maybe they'll chuck in a "thank you" aswell?

who knows?
:rolleyes:
ashy
This girl is not really your friend, she sounds as though she takes the game as seriously as you, which is a warning sign in itself. Get off the game and meet some people. I know it can be hard, but it's better to try than do nothing. You'll feel better just for the effort.

I don't get how she isn't my friend.
She cares about me, she likes me and wants to be around me. (or at least she did).
Isn't that what a friend is?
Reply 51
You lot stopped talking cos you joined a new guild? I think that's equvialent to cheating on your partner then.

Sorry but I couldnt help chuckle through this :frown:
Clever100
You lot stopped talking cos you joined a new guild? I think that's equvialent to cheating on your partner then.

I don't blame you.
I don't quite get why she is making such a big deal over this.
Reply 53
archlord destin
But I can't just leave her.
I'm afraid of being alone again, I can't go back to that hell.

Ring her, apologise and arrange to meet up in real life. At least she will become a better friend than purely online.
ferry500
Ring her, apologise and arrange to meet up in real life. At least she will become a better friend than purely online.

I'll try.
thanks.
Reply 55
archlord destin
I don't get how she isn't my friend.
She cares about me, she likes me and wants to be around me. (or at least she did).
Isn't that what a friend is?

Does she though? She ignores you because you changed your guild. That's pathetic. If she were actually your friend, that wouldn't matter. WoW > actual relationships to this girl.

It is possible to have friends you only ever contact online, I have a couple, but that's due to geographical inconvenience. This doesn't sound like that. You've emotionally invested in this girl, and so that's why it hurts that she's ignoring you, but she shouldn't have that kind of power because she's not a real friend, she doesn't actually care.
Reply 56
Say to her if we really are friends, why would you not speak to me over a guild?

I'm sure Rooney will still be friends with Ronaldo once he goes to Madrid, you get my drift.
If she don't wanna speak to you, then she's not worth the effort my friend.
Reply 57
Clever100

ya its getting a bit laughable now. wondering if the whole thing is troll thread.

Big wide world which your missing out on so go buy some wow gold and buy a friend in game.

You're not pro-active enough and are far too negative to make real life friends so perhaps stick to wow.

another person lost to blizzard cartoons :frown:

wake up people!
ashy
Does she though? She ignores you because you changed your guild. That's pathetic. If she were actually your friend, that wouldn't matter. WoW > actual relationships to this girl.

It is possible to have friends you only ever contact online, I have a couple, but that's due to geographical inconvenience. This doesn't sound like that. You've emotionally invested in this girl, and so that's why it hurts that she's ignoring you, but she shouldn't have that kind of power because she's not a real friend, she doesn't actually care.

She drove 400 miles in the middle of the night to try and find me, despite not knowing where I lived precisely. (I didn't have a way to communicate to her at the time. net down, phone broken.)
Im not sure if people do that for people they don't care about.
archlord destin
She drove 400 miles in the middle of the night to try and find me, despite not knowing where I lived precisely. (I didn't have a way to communicate to her at the time. net down, phone broken.)
Im not sure if people do that for people they don't care about.

Seriously? I thought you had problems...

Latest

Trending

Trending